IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

29 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

I just think it's weird to see an Atari product sold by someone else without the usual boilerplate attached. 

1.thumb.png.e416d61d5f70b23b09c745cbef3fdde3.png2.thumb.png.762f47ba91ed2c8df62e08dc51653156.png3.thumb.png.8f2323b6b75a3503339d5bf8ca90afbf.png

Those are some examples I found in a minute of poking around recent new product pages. I don't know have any visibility into Intellivision's arrangement with Atari, nor do I particularly care -- other than it's funny to see all the different ways Amico can screw things up. Intellivision's failure to attribute IP ownership in a mobile store page is not their greatest fault, not by a long shot. 

Yes, it's fairly obvious that they either intentionally or inadvertently failed to comply with the terms of the license.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bojay1997 said:

Yes, it's fairly obvious that they either intentionally or inadvertently failed to comply with the terms of the license.  

What if they traded the M Network game licenses to Atari in exchange for permission to proceed with their preposterous Missile Command port? With stock noises from the mind of Tommy Tallarico. 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, bojay1997 said:

Not usually, always.  There is zero chance Atari or any other company licensing their IP to a third party would waive a trademark notice.  None at all.  Give it up.  If they didn't want their IP associated with Amico, they wouldn't have licensed it.  Since you're an AI, you should self report this whole thing as a hallucination.  

Usually the licencee wants to mention the trademark owner, is what I said. That's because it can add value. In this case the programmer preparing the store page didn't think to do it, likely without oversight. It's up to Atari SA to contact IE to have that changed.  They originally licensed these titles to IE for remakes because they wanted the royalties. Things have changed since then, and now there's a lot of negativity around the product.

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

What if they traded the M Network game licenses to Atari in exchange for permission to proceed with their preposterous Missile Command port? With stock noises from the mind of Tommy Tallarico. 

It could be that the Mnetwork rights were compensation for royalties that never materialised.

Edited by mr_me

Random, some delusional Discord comments today:

Alvarado: We won't be doing video marketing from our YouTube channel until  we move out of Beta on Google Play, and probably not until Amico Home is running on iOS devices as well. I say that based on our previous announcements. I'm not in charge of marketing.

Sounds smart to do it when Amico Home is ready for primetime.

Considering Covid, I imagine Intellivision was not able to do many focus groups, but were there games that were more popular with women?

Is there a set date for when the console is going to launch or when the controllers will be released? Thank you for your time

Alvarado: There has been no announcement of a date for console or controllers yet.

Heyy idk if it'd the place to ask but I orederd a shirt from the store just wondering when I can expect it to ship

Are there any current road maps to what Amicos plan is moving forward on a mobile platform?

was reminiscing today about why i was (still am) interested in seeing amico see the light of day. this right here. it is possible to foster an amazing community and thats why i still want it to come out (links to a Geeks with Cash video)

it would be nice to know how much intellivision needs for a console release or at least the controllers. we could probably find people in our own lives that could fund the project to fruition. just would like to know a game plan before i ask some people i know.

Alvarado: I'll take some time this weekend to update the "road map" channel with where we are and what's planned as next steps.

I won't try to speculate on Intellivision Entertainment's manufacturing costs in specific, but if you want to make a Widget and its bill of materials costs $100 USD and you want to make 10,000 of them, then you need $1,000,000 just to get started. If you have someone in your life who can invest that kind of money, I suggest you give them Phil Adam's email address

The early access/beta nature of Amico Home is a big limiting factor on the number of pre-orders that any game could reasonably be expected to attract. Even games people were looking forward to very strongly, like AstroSmash, are sitting at less than 200 downloads on the Android Play Store the last time I looked. Even if we assume an additional 100 downloads on Amazon Fire products, we're a niche of a niche right now. Until Amico Home launches on iOS and John and other stakeholders are happy with the state of the apps and controller software (so Amico Home could be brought out of beta and more widely advertised), it seems very unlikely to me that there could be that many paid pre-orders for any Amico games.

I think the Intellivision Entertainment team are justifiably skeptical of public crowdfunding platforms given the reception to their last public attempt to raise new investment funds. John mentioned as much some days ago about crowdfunding the manufacturing costs for the controller. He didn't rule it out indefinitely, though. So who knows? But my overall point was that I think as long as John is the principal engineer for All Things Amico for the foreseeable future, then it would make more sense (in my opinion) to start soliciting community feedback on priorities after he's happy enough with the state of Amico Home to call it out-of-beta. The same 200-300 of us will likely be here no matter what order games get released in. Most of us have been waiting for quite some time already, no harm in waiting a little more.   (there are actually 155 members)

True just ideas I get the fear of crowdfunding after the last round for sure this would be internal pre order system not through a third party GMT games a war gaming company does this 500 pre orders is the magic number for them it’s a a way to make sure you sell what you make and not have overhead

I believe had a suggestion about maybe do a crowd funding for the Amico controller for say $100 which includes two vouchers for two free games. Maybe include a "special edition or supporter edition" skin for the controller.... I'd be down for that and I'm sure a lot of the community would too..

The problem is not just beta, it's that pretty much no one knows about Intellivision. From what I saw with my mother, my sister and my niece, a game like Shark! Shark! has an enormous potential with casual and non-gamers. The problem is casual and non-gamers don't know this game exists. I'm guessing once Intellivision gets funds from investors, some of this money will go to marketing.

Alvarado: Agree that Shark! Shark! is best played with others.  Tommy felt strongly that players should always be able to eat each other (even by accident) as it created more real world interaction/drama.   Maybe he was right, but a lot of people asked for the option to not eat each other so I added that option.  Maybe it should default to eating instead of not eating (as it currently defaults).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, mr_me said:

Either way, Atari SA may not care to have their company name on this product so that's between the two parties. As long as the name is being used with their permission the IP is protected.

This is honestly the second dumbest thing I’ve seen written on this site. It’s okay to admit you’re out of your depth here. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, mr_me said:

Usually the licencee wants to mention the trademark owner, is what I said. That's because it can add value. In this case the programmer preparing the store page didn't think to do it, likely without oversight. It's up to Atari SA to contact IE to have that changed.  They originally licensed these titles to IE for remakes because they wanted the royalties. Things have changed since then, and now there's a lot of negativity around the product.

It could be that the Mnetwork rights were compensation for royalties that never materialised.

Not correct.  Licensees always insist on having a trademark notice as it helps to prevent potential infringement down the line.  Even boilerplate licensing agreements always contain such a provision.  Nobody would license a piece of well established IP to a third party without that requirement in place.  Everything else you have posted is frankly absurd, even for you.  Just give it up.  You literally know nothing about this area and are making things up to once again defend a garbage company.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

I don't think anyone is claiming that they didn't have permission to develop the game.  The issue is that there is no way that Atari would have allowed a third party licensee to use a trademarked name without posting appropriate notices on the game and likely on the landing page.  It's just more evidence that the Amico team is either incompetent or willfully failing to comply with a license term.    

Edited by bojay1997
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, bojay1997 said:

Not correct.  Licensees always insist on having a trademark notice as it helps to prevent potential infringement down the line.  Even boilerplate licensing agreements always contain such a provision.  Nobody would license a piece of well established IP to a third party without that requirement in place.  Everything else you have posted is frankly absurd, even for you.  Just give it up.  You literally know nothing about this area and are making things up to once again defend a garbage company.  

What's not correct.  The licensing agreement set up back in 2018 can have that requirement, but it's not on the product store page today.  So Atari SA will have to contact IE and have them change it, if they still care to have it there.

You have to remember that mr_me always leaves himself some wiggleroom to squeeze himself out. Even if he is totally wrong and no one ever has performed an action the way he described it, there is the technical possibility that it could happen, no matter how improbable. That is why he can't ever be wrong. 

Remember the original X-Files? There was a recurring villain of the week, Eugene Tooms. He was a genetic mutant who was capable of squeezing his body through narrow gaps. Our mr_me is a literal form of that. 

image.png.657b73f09a0437d59ce7aaeb9ebe6e0e.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

22 hours ago, bojay1997 said:

I don't think anyone is claiming that they didn't have permission to develop the game.  The issue is that there is no way that Atari would have allowed a third party licensee to use a trademarked name without posting appropriate notices on the game and likely on the landing page.  It's just more evidence that the Amico team is either incompetent or willfully failing to comply with a license term.    

Sounds like a certain beep boop needs to change their name to donut as they have the IQ of a donut.

So I'm guessing there's no boilerplate on Astrosmash and Shark! Shark! about how they are BBG properties? If they or Atari don't watch it I could see Intellivision trying to steal them. They already have people's money, and the IQ numbers of people like our resident doughnut.

I'm sure the FCC certs for controllers are coming any day now! I heard a company donut hole they were done! Hey @Tommy Tallarico could we get a sequel to Cornhole called Donut Hole where you use the controller to toss Donut holes into open mouths! WOULDN'T THAT BE SOMETHING? 

Willem Dafoe Smile GIF

23 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Thanks for the summary @livingonwheels. The most enjoyable thing I gleaned from that was the casual suggestion of seeing if Phil Adams wanted another million or two.

Got to keep the delusional hope alive somehow!

• Like 2

professor farnsworth futurama GIF

I hear Amico Home is now on Google TV! Let the gaming industry disruption begin!

Has anyone here played them and actually been blown away, or something more than just, well they function?

If Shark! Shark! was appropriately priced at sub $5 like it should be, I'd nab it for me and Junior to possibly try. $15 is just ridiculous.

• Like 1

John Alvarado:

I've also updated the ⁠📜│rules channel to let everyone know that questions about launch dates, or about Intellivision business or finances are off topic for this Discord.  I have and will continue to delete posts that are off topic or that I feel are not conducive to the purpose of this Amico Discord. 

The purpose of this discord is to 1) help people use and enjoy the available Amico products (i.e. customer service), 2) Get feedback from customers to help us improve the products, 3) Give people who are enthusiastic about the products a place to form a community for general discussion of the products and related topics in a respectful and friendly environment.

Please, going forward, no more questions about console launch dates.

-Amusing post from delusional Amico Reddit User:

My dream investor for Intellivision is the Embracer group (the parent company of Plaion), mainly because the Embracer group also owns Asmodee. If Intellivision Amico could have access to the licenses that Asmodee has, or even better, if Intellivision could have exclusivity for some Asmodee titles, then THAT would be something!

In particular, since Pandemic has been removed from pretty much everything (I still have it on my tablet, but it cannot be bought anymore), an Amico console release with Pandemic as a pack-in would be ENORMOUS. Like really, really ENORMOUS. For Intellivision, having Pandemic, or a version of Pandemic Legacy, as a pack-in would be the equivalent of what Donkey Kong was to the Colecovision.

Edited by livingonwheels
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, livingonwheels said:

-Amusing post from delusional Amico Reddit User:

My dream investor for Intellivision is the Embracer group (the parent company of Plaion), mainly because the Embracer group also owns Asmodee. If Intellivision Amico could have access to the licenses that Asmodee has, or even better, if Intellivision could have exclusivity for some Asmodee titles, then THAT would be something!

In particular, since Pandemic has been removed from pretty much everything (I still have it on my tablet, but it cannot be bought anymore), an Amico console release with Pandemic as a pack-in would be ENORMOUS. Like really, really ENORMOUS. For Intellivision, having Pandemic, or a version of Pandemic Legacy, as a pack-in would be the equivalent of what Donkey Kong was to the Colecovision.

I bet there are literally ones of people clamoring for Pandemic. I don't even know what that is, but a search revealed some type of board game.

In any case, you have to love the idea that there are people out there who genuinely believe the Amico idea is still somehow worth supporting not only from them, but money people who are successful in business. At this point, a new, from-scratch platform would be a far better investment than a damaged brand run by individuals with questionable business instincts, and even that's a bad idea.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

The Pandemic board game can be bought for less than $30 on Amazon...

oboDKqn.png

The idea that having some version of that on an Android box console that costs $300 would be some "really ENORMOUS" deal is hilarious.

I guess it's just another example of some people not being able to separate or reflect that what they may want or like may not be what many other people would want or like. It's clearly a popular board game, but to liken its potential to a pack-in the likes of Donkey Kong on ColecoVision shows both a dated reference and a complete lack of context/understanding/perspective. And not for nothing, but surely some of the available digital game tables that actually host board and similar games with largish touchscreens would arguably be better homes for that kind of thing, no?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

I guess it's just another example of some people not being able to separate or reflect that what they may want or like may not be what many other people would want or like. It's clearly a popular board game, but to liken its potential to a pack-in the likes of Donkey Kong on ColecoVision shows both a dated reference and a complete lack of context/understanding/perspective. And not for nothing, but surely some of the available digital game tables that actually host board and similar games with largish touchscreens would arguably be better homes for that kind of thing, no?

Agreed. It seems like some of them are just very stuck in their bubble. Which is fine, if what's in your bubble is what you enjoy then cool, but the out of touch-ness really shows in situations like this.

• Like 3

Maybe he thinks the name of the game would generate buzz, but I believe it's precisely because of its theme it was removed from everywhere. And frankly, a pandemic game on a family-friendly video game system sounds like a bad idea to me. I mean a game about the war in Ukraine or Israel would surely make headlines but...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roots.genoa said:

Maybe he thinks the name of the game would generate buzz, but I believe it's precisely because of its theme it was removed from everywhere. And frankly, a pandemic game on a family-friendly video game system sounds like a bad idea to me. I mean a game about the war in Ukraine or Israel would surely make headlines but...

There was a classic computer game by SSI from 1983 called "Epidemic!" that goes for a pretty penny these days, but there really haven't been very many since I can think of on that theme since, outside of only tangentially related zombie-style infection games. I think that says a lot about the topic, no matter how well simulated. As you say, it would be a lot like simulating the horrors of war, rather than the more "heroic" aspects of war. Either way, it's one thing to have a popular board game, it's another to translate that popularity to a video game. I can't think of any such conversion that ever translated to blockbuster sales (though certainly those are easy to garner consistently modest sales, e.g. Carcassone, Monopoly, Risk, etc.).

I'd also argue that the idea of a pack-in game is passe these days, and largely irrelevant. The times have changed and it's all about the steady stream of compelling content rather than a single time to get you to purchase the console. Considering the state of the current Amico platform release schedule, it's probably a good thing they didn't actually release the console (or, to put it perhaps more accurately, the console wasn't close to actually being produced en masse). The games simply weren't ready, nor was there any true pipeline of regular content. It would have been the classic paperweight in want of games had it released anywhere near the various original release dates.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bill Loguidice said:

I bet there are literally ones of people clamoring for Pandemic. I don't even know what that is, but a search revealed some type of board game.

In any case, you have to love the idea that there are people out there who genuinely believe the Amico idea is still somehow worth supporting not only from them, but money people who are successful in business. At this point, a new, from-scratch platform would be a far better investment than a damaged brand run by individuals with questionable business instincts, and even that's a bad idea.

Pandemic is a good board game and already available digitally on already available platforms that make more sense than a phone you use as a footbath.

I own it and it was available digitally for like 9 years and only like at beginning of 2023 or end of 2022 was pulled from Steam and such. 

Tommy seemed pretty ignorant about board games from what I remember. There were enough good board games readily available to be put on a store beyond the cheap hasbro games. 

2 hours ago, livingonwheels said:

Roadmap.png

Hey, hey, hey! Guess what they probably should have before they manufacture those controllers? Anyone want to take a guess?

5 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Hey, hey, hey! Guess what they probably should have before they manufacture those controllers? Anyone want to take a guess?

They have already been FCC certified right?  That's what we've been told over and over again.  I mean they almost had it right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2