IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

51 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

LMFAO

I have seen many Amico's connected directly to tv's   I have played them.  Actually, I didn't see any computers around at all.

Kind of wish I did both Boston locations instead of just the one.  Still got a good feel for the console and controllers.

Don't know if this was talked about...  But the color of your on screen character was also the color around the outside of the disc on the controller.  Nice little touch.

That isn't a denial of Alvarado under the table with a switchboard. ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 1980gamer said:

LMFAO

I have seen many Amico's connected directly to tv's   I have played them.  Actually, I didn't see any computers around at all.

Kind of wish I did both Boston locations instead of just the one.  Still got a good feel for the console and controllers.

Don't know if this was talked about...  But the color of your on screen character was also the color around the outside of the disc on the controller.  Nice little touch.

I quoted this to repost it,so more people can read this!?

• Like 1

Post #1274 from MrBeefy's "Independent Amico Discussion Thread"

https://web.archive.org/web/20210530071151/https://atariage.com/forums/topic/301105-independent-amico-discussion-thread/page/51/#comments

Specific quote by TT:

"Keep in mind... everything I say in here is conversational and always unconfirmed until I confirm it officially through our social media outlets, website, etc."

Screenshot 2022-07-22 230659.png

• Like 2

Separately, the Q&A  and Independent threads should not be hidden.  Folks should be able to see how TT and others acted.  The horrible moderation should not be hidden.  None of that should be hidden and treated like it never occurred.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Alvarado was under the table running the Amico games switchboard.

Hmm that rumor sounds familiar... ? The full story I heard was that Alvarado was under the table switching between pre-rendered videos based on players' inputs to make them think they were playing - hence the input lag most people didn't notice because John is very fast. ? (and maybe because Tommy was pointing a gun at them during interviews)

If several of us heard it, that must be true! ?

• Haha 2

Contrary to what a certain group will tell you, I do NOT call people who criticize us "haters".

-Tommy Tallarico @Tommy Tallarico @Swami

4 hours ago, rayik said:

Separately, the Q&A  and Independent threads should not be hidden.  Folks should be able to see how TT and others acted.  The horrible moderation should not be hidden.  None of that should be hidden and treated like it never occurred.

I agree 100%

Edited by Pink
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Pink said:

Contrary to what a certain group will tell you, I do NOT call people who criticize us "haters".

I always found it ironic that someone who was known to be relentlessly critical of a lot of video games he reviewed had such a hard time with people being critical about his console. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, rayik said:

Post #1274 from MrBeefy's "Independent Amico Discussion Thread"

https://web.archive.org/web/20210530071151/https://atariage.com/forums/topic/301105-independent-amico-discussion-thread/page/51/#comments

Specific quote by TT:

"Keep in mind... everything I say in here is conversational and always unconfirmed until I confirm it officially through our social media outlets, website, etc."

Screenshot 2022-07-22 230659.png

That is basically an excuse for him to hype and promise stuff and not deliver.

He said he was the CEO,  (bet it's still on his profile here). He can like it or not but what he said represented the company.

He feels justified in lying and stretching the proof and why he would get mad when people "used his words against him". Which was just basically quoting him.

As much as he whined this also shows that the biggest spreader ofisinformation was him. 

I sure that's why he hated that thread. I was following everything closely. There wasn't any misinformation in there beyond opinions not matching up with what he told you they should be.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pink said:

I agree 100%

He didn't say that and if he did he didn't mean it. If he did mean it then they deserve it. Stop trying to use his words against him. It is just a conversation learn to take a joke. Gaming racist.

5 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

He didn't say that and if he did he didn't mean it. If he did mean it then they deserve it. Stop trying to use his words against him. It is just a conversation learn to take a joke. Gaming racist.

P.T. Barnum is reputed to have said, "There's no such thing as bad publicity." As far as circuses are concerned, he was right. But the same holds true for any aspect of the entertainment industry

Would you argue there hasn't been somewhat of a "circus" atmosphere at times?

(I wonder if anyone here accidentally incorporated Barnum into the business plan)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, number6 said:

Would you argue there hasn't been somewhat of a "circus" atmosphere at times?

(I wonder if anyone here accidentally incorporated Barnum into the business plan)

I would say it very much has been a circus. There was a clown leading. That's why it has been so fun to watch. Honk honk

??

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

I would say it very much has been a circus. There was a clown leading. That's why it has been so fun to watch. Honk honk

??

There is also the old line about any press being good press. The article goes on to state:

The trick is to generate enough publicity - bad or good.

So the key word is "enough". Well that surely happened. 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, number6 said:

There is also the old line about any press being good press. The article goes on to state:

So the key word is "enough". Well that surely happened. 

Well it obviously wasn't good. They had around 13,000 preorders at one point according to Fig and are now down to 6000.

I think the Streisand Effect is more appropriate here. What he did was push away those who buy video games. ??

"We have haters so must be doing something right!" No you are acting like an idiot and people are coming to watch the monkey throw his feces around. Yeah you will get some people to watch but that doesn't  mean they will buy the monkey's turd.

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Well it obviously wasn't good. They had around 13,000 preorders at one point according to Fig and are now down to 6000.

I think the Streisand Effect is more appropriate here. What he did was push away those who buy video games. ??

"We have haters so must be doing something right!" No you are acting like an idiot and people are coming to watch the monkey throw his feces around. Yeah you will get some people to watch but that doesn't  mean they will buy the monkey's turd.

Sure. Just saying whether you use the term publicity or news any emotion (pick one) as a reaction is still a level above apathy.

If you reach apathy you're done.

I might add a parallel to the stages of grief too. There will always be people stuck in stage 1, particularly the denial aspect of that stage.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mr_me said:

The fig site was combining revenue share investors and preorders.  The revenue share investing was later moved to a Republic page.

And publicity is wasted without product to sell.

Real marketing hasnt begun, like on Oprah, Ellen, and Springer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3