IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

5 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

So true. Right now on Switch I'm playing a game in which young women (whose clothes don't cover them entirely ?) fight for a ball to play with (no hands! ?) and then score.

I'd rather not know what the 'F's in FIFA mean. ?

is it 704 girls, 1 cup?

• Haha 4

Hey!   Thats me they wanted to capitalize on with my nostalgia. I must be special.  So all the friends made along the way was a marketing ploy?  Im shocked!!!

Is this leak legit….

E2CC4814-9405-44E2-934D-0AC1428DF02F.thumb.jpeg.2985fdfde32a59c1a96e6bfa900336d6.jpeg

Edited by Rev
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Rowsdower70 said:

I honestly dont know if its legit or not.   Supposedly the source is a disgruntled ex-employee.

Looks to real. Someone would of had alot of time on it to be a simple prank.    If legal jumps on it then you know its legit.  ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

It can't be real.  I keep hearing the former CEO had no plan(s).

I think they for sure had plans (not saying they were realistic but I’m sure they TT and others thought they were viable). I think that TT had a very hard time staying focused on them, hence the micromanagement and feature creep.  On here s few times myself and others urged him to step away from the public side because his ego was affecting the project. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

I think they for sure had plans (not saying they were realistic but I’m sure they TT and others thought they were viable). I think that TT had a very hard time staying focused on them, hence the micromanagement and feature creep.  On here s few times myself and others urged him to step away from the public side because his ego was affecting the project. 

That was tongue-in-cheek. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Hey!   Thats me they wanted to capitalize on with my nostalgia. I must be special.  So all the friends made along the way was a marketing ploy?  Im shocked!!!

Is this leak legit….

E2CC4814-9405-44E2-934D-0AC1428DF02F.thumb.jpeg.2985fdfde32a59c1a96e6bfa900336d6.jpeg

Okay, a more serious answer.

Why not?  Of course they should capitalize on the intellivision brand and us old farts.

That was obvious anyway..   A legacy of firsts.  Was very early on.  Maybe the first thing they put out even.

Then Night Stalker and other classics were to be re-imagined.  A downer for some of us was the plan to hold back classic intellivision games for at least a year after launch.

I am much less worried about that now, I have the Ultimate Intellivision Flashback.  So, nice video out and a few sets of AtGames controllers.  With the hope of 4 new...2 left / 2 right controllers in development now.

Please note, I have not read this document,  just talking about the snippet.

PS  Also no cart port seemed to be a sticking point for many.  I don't think I felt that strong about it either way.

Plus, I think it would not support some of the new homebrew tech. etc.

I am sure I was a little disappointed at first.  But I am now a digital collector, less space and $$ required.

Anyone need some Mint Colecovision carts?   LOL. 

Edited by 1980gamer
Added PS

59 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

Okay, a more serious answer.

Why not?  Of course they should capitalize on the intellivision brand and us old farts.

That was obvious anyway..   A legacy of firsts.  Was very early on.  Maybe the first thing they put out even.

Then Night Stalker and other classics were to be re-imagined.  A downer for some of us was the plan to hold back classic intellivision games for at least a year after launch.

I am much less worried about that now, I have the Ultimate Intellivision Flashback.  So, nice video out and a few sets of AtGames controllers.  With the hope of 4 new...2 left / 2 right controllers in development now.

Please note, I have not read this document,  just talking about the snippet.

PS  Also no cart port seemed to be a sticking point for many.  I don't think I felt that strong about it either way.

Plus, I think it would not support some of the new homebrew tech. etc.

I am sure I was a little disappointed at first.  But I am now a digital collector, less space and $$ required.

Anyone need some Mint Colecovision carts?   LOL. 

Yeah its fine, we all know they wanted/needed the retro Intv fans to get it off the ground. 

Just I could of swore that “we” were not the demographic.  As in “we” were not the karen soccer moms with little kids that all the shovelware mobile ports like care bears and sesame street. 

But yes, its very obvious the 45-55 year old retro crowd was needed for these early preorders and hype.  

Yep. “Target buyer Mom 30-50”. 

0D5C3C75-C7A7-4383-9479-33BB3AB8D69C.jpeg

Edited by Rev
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rev said:

No, is it filled with viruses?

I haven't read through any of it so I have no clue.

3 hours ago, Rowsdower70 said:

Was just reading it actually.  Lots of interesting tidbits to process.
Targeted the 45-50 retro YouTubers as a written tactic.  I thought they were close friends. 

Well duh. The marketing had started, and failed.

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Yeah its fine, we all know they wanted/needed the retro Intv fans to get it off the ground. 

Just I could of swore that “we” were not the demographic.  As in “we” were not the karen soccer moms with little kids that all the shovelware mobile ports like care bears and sesame street. 

But yes, its very obvious the 45-55 year old retro crowd was needed for these early preorders and hype.  

0D5C3C75-C7A7-4383-9479-33BB3AB8D69C.jpeg

Jessica Alba? Uhhh.

Mall tours with Gamestop is odd considering Gamestop told them in the Boston area they wouldn't do it.

3 hours ago, Rowsdower70 said:

Was just reading it actually.  Lots of interesting tidbits to process.
Targeted the 45-50 retro YouTubers as a written tactic.  I thought they were close friends. 

I see where it says "capitalise on nostalgia of Intellivision brand in 45-55 year old segment".  Where does it mention youtubers?

1 hour ago, Rev said:

They always said retro gamers was a target market but it was third behind families with young children and over 55/seniors.  

2 minutes ago, mr_me said:

I see where it says "capitalise on nostalgia of Intellivision brand in 45-55 year old segment".  Where does it mention youtubers?

They always said retro gamers was a target market but it was third behind families with young children and over 55/seniors.  

What demographic is even left to be 4th?      Blind people?

Edited by Rev
  • Haha 1