IGNORED

Looking for spaceship shooter game recommendations

sirlynxalot

Shooter games like Megamania, Laser Gates, Galaga, Xevious etc. are some of my favorite games on atari platforms.  I'm looking to investigate what is out there for the 8 bit computers. I've been scoping out the 8 bit game library through youtube videos and perusing game name lists and looking into ones that sound promising, but I think it might be a little more efficient and save me a lot of time if the user base here with knowledge of the game library can list some of these games off the top of their heads.  Thanks in advance.

7 minutes ago, WhataKowinkydink said:

While an awesome game for it's day, it's not a shooter arcade game like the OP was asking for. Not even close. This is more of a very early Elite/Privateer/No Man's Sky type of game.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TGB1718 said:

A nice modern shooter is AtariBlast, it's huge and great fun, not sure

how much memory is required to run it though.

On an Atarimax 8mbit (1mb) cart if you burn the Atariblast car to it you can run the game on even a 16k Atari. Otherwise you need an Atari with 1mb of Ram. I tried running it off SIDE3 on a stock 800XL with 64k and it doesn't work. 

If the OP has an U1mb upgraded Atari or an 8mbit Maxflash cart and the means to burn it to the latter then they are laughing. 🤓

I am not sure about AVG cart. 

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 1

SpeedHawk

Tiger Attack

Arax

Blackhawk 

Dark Abyss

Pastfinder/explorer

Screaming Wings

Mirax Force

The Last Guardian

Titan 

Warhawk

Hawkquest

Shoot-em' Ups

horizontal scrolling- http://www.atarimania.com/pgelstsoft.awp?system=8&type=G&genre=114&step=25

Vertical scrolling-http://www.atarimania.com/pgelstsoft.awp?system=8&type=G&genre=118&step=25

• Like 2