IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 17 - Game 11 - PGA Golf

Rickster8

Let's say I was "inspired" to try again...

PGA Golf - 88 mph!!!

image.thumb.png.cab9196a43a7fa113693e70e4c653e65.png

The "play as it lays" rule kills me. I hit a tree, ok, just give me a stroke penalty and move the ball. The fact that this is a 3-dimensional game and they've calculated the hight of trees and their flippin' branches...woof.

And I think I got par on hole 9!

Edited by fakecortex
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

The score mr_me posted is insane, however, most of this game is luck of the draw. If you get a good map with the trees put away from the driving tees you can get a sweet score. If you don't get a good map and trees are slammed right in front of the fkin tees, you WON'T get a good score. The randomness of the tree placement and the crappy putting aspect make this game MEH for me... After this contest is over I don't see myself playing this one again maybe FOREVER!!!! :P 

Edited by Rickster8
Wording

I mentioned this before, but there are no random trees that will block the fairway from the tee preventing a par or birdie.  If you think there is take a screenshot and I'll show how to hit around the tree.

Sometimes trees block a shortcut.  In the image above you can take a shortcut over the pond for a shot at an eagle, but you have to be lucky to chip in your third shot.  Otherwise you can take the long way around the pond for a fairly easy birdie.

28 minutes ago, mr_me said:

I mentioned this before, but there are no random trees that will block the fairway from the tee preventing a par or birdie.  If you think there is take a screenshot and I'll show how to hit around the tree.

Sometimes trees block a shortcut.  In the image above you can take a shortcut over the pond for a shot at an eagle, but you have to be lucky to chip in your third shot.  Otherwise you can take the long way around the pond for a fairly easy birdie.

If you have gotten an Eagle on hole 9 then that's just insane. Lol I would never make it long ways over that pond..... Hole number 4 usually has a tree right smack in front of the tee. I will try to avoid it and almost ALWAYS end up in the trees to the left...... 🙄

Hole four is never a problem off the tee, always a long driver at ESE with maximum slice.

Hole nine over the pond is the short way.  The long way is around the pond and you should be able to get a birdie or at least par.  I didn't eagle nine, what I said is that going over the pond gives you a shot at an eagle.  Since chipping into the hole is so rare, even if random trees open a path over the pond it doesn't really help, you usually end up with a birdie the same as going around the pond.  Similarly you can tee off short on hole seven for a shot at a birdie, but I've never managed to do that.

On hole five sometimes random trees open a shorter path, getting you a birdie rather than par.  It's one where the random trees can reliably save you one shot.

18 hours ago, fakecortex said:

The "play as it lays" rule kills me. I hit a tree, ok, just give me a stroke penalty and move the ball. The fact that this is a 3-dimensional game and they've calculated the hight of trees and their flippin' branches...woof.

This is frustrating.  You can putt your way out but I usually take my chances with a three wood.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 3

Okay… Starting to hate this game! 

Although the putting becomes a little bit of a comedy routine at times…. I think I would rather the game stay as-is… it’s closer to real golf where … when you get that incredible run where everything goes right… you celebrate … as opposed to hitting a 32-35 every time you golf … that would make the game too easy and irrelevant. I think they got it right. 

That being said… I’m really starting to hate this game right now! 

👎🏻 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, IntellivisionMaster said:

Okay… Starting to hate this game! 

Although the putting becomes a little bit of a comedy routine at times…. I think I would rather the game stay as-is… it’s closer to real golf where … when you get that incredible run where everything goes right… you celebrate … as opposed to hitting a 32-35 every time you golf … that would make the game too easy and irrelevant. I think they got it right. 

That being said… I’m really starting to hate this game right now! 

👎🏻 

Nah,it's a great game.

You are finally just burning out on it from overplay.  That happens to everyone!!!

Have you played Chip Shot Golf for an extended time?

It's a far superior and improved rendition of this game.

You must have played it.....

2 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

Nah,it's a great game.

You are finally just burning out on it from overplay.  That happens to everyone!!!

Have you played Chip Shot Golf for an extended time?

It's a far superior and improved rendition of this game.

You must have played it.....

Oh definitely it’s a great game… but you can’t try too many in one session. You can go a little batty. 🦇 

Sure I play Chip Shot. I was really blown away by the programming! Makes PGA obsolete to be honest! Like baseball and basketball… the super-pro versions wipe the floor with the originals! 

This PGA needs to be played here though!  The nostalgia is awesome! I waited 41 years for this contest! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IntellivisionMaster said:

I inserted the overlay last week and haven’t looked at it once LOL 😂 

3774B79D-AA8B-4528-BBF0-982AB1D04F35.jpeg

I never ever ever ever use the overlays. Can't stand the way the buttons feel and the damn thing never fits in right always keeps popping out during gameplay annoying as sh*t..... I will study the overlays but never ever do I insert them into the controllers... NEVER!!!! :P 

• Like 1

Overall Rankings (POINTS)

After Beauty and the Beast

184 - IntellivisionMaster

158 - Rickster8

89 - cmadruga

83 - wongojack

82 - Northcoastgamer

80 - wolfy62

75 - lupovax

71 - crade

68 - Player One

61 - IntyFanMatt 

48 - fakecortex

41 - gavvv

35 - JacobZu7zu7

32 - jimblargh

19 - gar0u

13 - ed1475

3 - jblenkle

Games Won

5 - IntellivisionMaster - Stampede / SNAFU / The Power of He-Man / Thin Ice / Beauty and the Beast

3 - Rickster8 - Pinball / SNAFU / Space Armada UNLEASHED

1 - Northcoastgamer - Q*bert

1 - Gavvv - BurgerTime

1 - IntyFanMatt - Dreadnaught Factor

• Like 1

Quick PGA Golf Update: 

32 mr_me (+5 BONUS POINTS)

33 - IntellivisionMaster (+5 BONUS POINTS)

37 - wolfy62 (+5 BONUS POINTS)

40 - Rickster8 (+5 BONUS POINTS)

48 - wongojack (+4 BONUS POINTS)

55 - cmadruga (+3 BONUS POINTS)

55 - lupovax (+3 BONUS POINTS)

59 - crade (+3 BONUS POINTS)

88 - fakecortex 

Edited by Rickster8
Added in another score.
  • Like 2

I had 32 four more times today. (5 times total). One miss was my fault. I hit the “softy” putt button instead of the “grand” putt button by mistake on 8 and my ball stopped on the lip of the cup. I was going for the “grand” putt but hit the wrong button. 

The other three times: Once my ball randomly curved into the bunker on 8 (that’s the second time it happened). And twice my ball didn’t “make it” over the last tree on 9. (In quotations because I make that shot 20/20 times unless I’m on pace for a 32). Totally fixed !!! 

funny story: one time on 9 I’m hitting a wood over the trees .. on pace for a 32 possibly a 31. On the last tree, while over it, I hear a distinct “wood” sound. My ball shoots like a pinball 100 yards NORTH on the course. The length of a football field!  I had to hit a 3-wood twice just to hit the green. I still ended with a 33! 

Hopefully Tomorrow! 

Very frustrating game! This one begs to be played in a live competition… where anything can happen! 

Edited by IntellivisionMaster
  • Haha 2

Once again I was on pace for a 32 possibly a 31 and the ball curved into the bunker on 8…. HOWEVER I salvaged the hole miraculously by wedging out … and hitting two sweet fairway shots, the latter to the lip of the cup for par… and eagled hole 9 for a 32 … FINALLY ! If everything went perfect I can definitely hit a 31… but I would have to play 200 rounds to do it. 

Rick…. Hit that scoreboard Man !!!

2EC68F80-5E59-41B0-821B-E4AF2C48D982.png

Edited by IntellivisionMaster
  • Like 2

Ok … I hit a 32 right after my 32 in consecutive rounds. 

I played a few more rounds and then it happened….. 

The perfect round! I hit 3 or 4 miracle shots …. And I made every putt … 2 of them were really long putts but gravity pulled them in on the lip. After 40 unlucky rounds this week, I finally got a lucky round! 

THIRTY 

AE4D26AC-8ADE-4F2C-A054-CF673232EE51.png

• Like 2