IGNORED

Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration

Out_of_Gas

Wowsers, sorry to hear that. The console, well, switch version works more or less. It has constant sound issues, mostly with lack of loudness, but graphically fairly rare. It is at least playable. Considering its likely just using Stella and other emulators, you'd think it would be best on computer. Hopefully you'll get some updates soon to make it work, its not perfect, but really is s great collection.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Video said:

Wowsers, sorry to hear that. The console, well, switch version works more or less. It has constant sound issues, mostly with lack of loudness, but graphically fairly rare. It is at least playable. Considering its likely just using Stella and other emulators, you'd think it would be best on computer. Hopefully you'll get some updates soon to make it work, its not perfect, but really is s great collection.

I know its really bizarre...but most of the games are fine. Loved seeing Miner 2049er and some other gems like that. 

If only they can call up a Microsoft rep and have Activsion throw them some games (and Imagic games)

2 hours ago, Astro Rabby said:

Yknow, Atari bought Bubsy and they just added some games. They oughta add the Jaguar Bubsy game.

I would think that a paid DLC might be coming. I could see Bubsy being in there. This last dlc that was free was one Lynx game that was originally on the collection and 11 2600 games.

1 hour ago, jeremiahjt said:

I would think that a paid DLC might be coming. I could see Bubsy being in there.

Yeah, and if a paid or another free DLC comes along, 

what would we here like to see?

What you folks here want to see (even pay for) as good next DLC content for the Atari 50th ?

Perhaps we should list 6-12 games …?

Edited by Giles N

1 hour ago, Giles N said:

What you folks here want to see (even pay for) as good next DLC content for the Atari 50th ?

Well we know Atari just trademarked Brain Dead 13, so I would say that one for sure.  I would also like to see 2600 Miner 2049er Volume II.  Using the saves for Miner 2049 was very nice.  Also Jaguar Bubsy in: Fractured Furry Tales, of course.  My pipe dream would be that they get Battlezone back and add in all the Battlezone games, or at least the arcade original.  Lastly, how about another game they just got back, Math Gran Prix!  And Math Gran Prix should be a hidden unlockable game just like Basic Math was.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Giles N said:

Atari 50 skipped over the ST,  but since then they have reacquired games from Microprose/Accolade.  So it would be nice to see an update that gives ST some love.   Also for Jaguar the Bubsy and Brain Dead 13 as others have mentioned.

Maybe the arcade versions of Berzerk and Frenzy?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Microprose and Accolade?

Lot's of goodies there!  I'll have to look up games done by them.

Definitely could use Hardball... great baseball game!

Yes but they don't own all the titles.  No Test Drive, no Civilization (I don't think)

Pretty sure they own Hardball though!

4 hours ago, zzip said:

Atari 50 skipped over the ST,  but since then they have reacquired games from Microprose/Accolade.  So it would be nice to see an update that gives ST some love.   Also for Jaguar the Bubsy and Brain Dead 13 as others have mentioned.

Maybe the arcade versions of Berzerk and Frenzy?

Definitely some more ST games would be great, that's for sure.

If anymore Jaguar titles are going to be added on Atari 50, i would very much like to see Bubsy, I-War, Hover Strike, Super Burnout, Iron Soldier, and Ultra Vortek. If it's possible, throw in the some of the Songbird titles as well (Protector, Skyhammer, and Hyper Force)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Found another problem on Atari 50 (switch) it doesn't appear to save. Major bummer, I'd about finished atarikarts on jaguar, and was looking forward to finishing it on switch (originally I missed miracle man, I think) I'd only got up to katamari (sp?) On switch, and went to play other games. Imagine my surprise when I go back to Atari karts and have to restart. Gack. I know people dis it as bad, but for 95 it really was a good game, but only after you bypass the early modes that were to easy (imo) and can play the extra tracks and characters.

Here's hoping a future update fixes this. I really want to aim for 100% it at some time. This is the only game I've tried saving, maybe I did it wrong? Just the minus key pulls up the switch options (read instructions, save, load, etc) select save and push a. Load appears to do squat. So I'm assuming it just doesn't work (this is the only game I've attempted to save, or I'd say another game overwrote it)

8 hours ago, Video said:

Found another problem on Atari 50 (switch) it doesn't appear to save. Major bummer, I'd about finished atarikarts on jaguar, and was looking forward to finishing it on switch (originally I missed miracle man, I think) I'd only got up to katamari (sp?) On switch, and went to play other games. Imagine my surprise when I go back to Atari karts and have to restart. Gack. I know people dis it as bad, but for 95 it really was a good game, but only after you bypass the early modes that were to easy (imo) and can play the extra tracks and characters.

Here's hoping a future update fixes this. I really want to aim for 100% it at some time. This is the only game I've tried saving, maybe I did it wrong? Just the minus key pulls up the switch options (read instructions, save, load, etc) select save and push a. Load appears to do squat. So I'm assuming it just doesn't work (this is the only game I've attempted to save, or I'd say another game overwrote it)

I have been playing Dark Chambers (both 2600 and 7800 versions) with my youngest, and we have been using the saves just fine on the Xbox version.

Little late to this party but I got the 50th anniversary edition for Switch during Christmas and am just checking it out now. I like the diversity of the systems they offer (I'm definitely stoked to have Jag, Atari 8-bit and Lynx titles) and the overall presentation is definitely top notch. You can get lost checking out all the details and trying to get the unlockables.. I do really like it.  My one minor criticism is I would have liked more 8-bit/5200 titles.   Maybe it's just that in this day and age, when you have entire console libraries available to you in FPGA form on an Analogue Pocket/MiSTer (or even moreso via emulation elsewhere) to all of a sudden be limited to just a handful feels a little lacking. But they do add titles so here's hoping for some nice updates. But again that's all pretty minor as there's plenty on here to play as is with the arcade list and the reimaginings, etc.. It really is nice for an official release

Edited by NE146
  • Like 2