IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 17 - Game 15 - Sub Hunt

No earthly idea what I'm doing, but I gave it a shot... Didn't have this one as a kid either. We played Sea Battle back then...... 👍

LEVEL 2, SCORE 20 x 2 = 40, not sure I will spend too much time on this one. Very hard to see the bright yellow number. Bravo Intellivision..... 🤣

206997836_SUBHUNT20LEVEL2.thumb.jpg.25b625dab5c97001658338e1527cf249.jpg

Edited by Rickster8
Formatting
  • Like 2

I've only played the game like 3 times, so take my advice for what it is.  

I'm going to call the harbor toward the North England and the one toward the South East France - because, come on, we all know this is a game about the Germans sinking allied shipping in WWII.

My advice is to position most of your subs slightly to the west of England.  That way you don't have to do a lot of moving around if you need to "Return," or if one of your subs is sunk, you can quickly move another pre-positioned sub to intercept.  Save one sub near France because when the Allies attack France, they move quickly and you might not be able to get a sub at sea in position rapidly enough, BUT you will likely have to because that fleet has extra destroyers and kicks underwater booty, so don't strand them too far out in the ocean to the West.

9 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

I'm guessing it would be wise to setup all 4 battle subs around or in front of the island we are protecting yes??? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

I'm guessing it would be wise to setup all 4 battle subs around or in front of the island we are protecting yes??? 🤷‍♂️

I just place all the subs staggered to intercept before the north harbour.  If you want to get the extra three ships hold back two subs southeast of the north harbour until you sink that fleet.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

I just place all the subs staggered to intercept before the north harbour.  If you want to get the extra three ships hold back two subs southeast of the north harbour until you sink that fleet.

Thx. I would like to get an ALL CLEAR on Level 2, anything after that is wishful thinking for me at this point. Seems like a cool game if you know what you are doing which I don't.... :P 

Edited by Rickster8
Wording

Quick Sub Hunt Update: 

156 (L4) - mr_me 

144 (L4) - IntellivisionMaster

108 (L3) - IntyFanMatt

90 (L3) - wongojack

70 (L2) - wolfy62

40 (L2) - Rickster8

Edited by Rickster8
Spelling
  • Like 1

And we were playing at the same time! I couldn’t play yesterday and I had a long day at work today. As I was loading my score, I saw Mr. had loaded 1 hour ago! I was playing for about 2 hours. 

I almost got those 3 bandits on the British island, but every time I tried, they sunk 3 of my subs on their way to France! (There’s a minimum of 3 destroyers on that fleet). So I thought better of it and went for the traditional 36-sinkings-win! 

@mr_me you can go for those 3 bandits… I won’t try again unless you succeed! 

• Haha 1

My Hilarious Sub Hunt Update: Sorry for the weird pic, but I have to blow up the score in yellow so it's somewhat visible.... 🙄

LEVEL 2 (WUSS LEVEL), SCORE 33 x 2 = 66!!! 🤦‍♂️

SUBHUNT33LVL2.thumb.jpg.ec2b00a3a94aaa46084454a084c16446.jpg

Edited by Rickster8
Added face palm emoji....
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1