IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

36 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

$11 "dasher" tip.

Most of it was tip and taxes.

The crazy part is McDonald's charges you still $5.39 for the now empty box with wrapper and bag.

But with the amount of views he got from his one post on twitter, he will earn like a few hundred dollars from it.

He should be fair divide up his twitter winfall earnings with the McDonald's workers and dasher thst went to all that trouble to just prepare and then deliver the empty box.

• Haha 1

Just my luck, as I was watching my tv show, the actors were trying to figure out how the victim was murdered and it turned out to be from his bubble tea he was drinking, one of the tapioca pearls was replaced with a metal bead and then the killer used a super powerful magnet to rapidly pull it out of his victim from outside the building, basically killing him like a gunshot but in reverse without leaving any evidence behind.

Almost choked to death on my own bubble tea as I was slipping it when the actors announced their amazing discovery on the screen.

Just what I get for watching CSI: Vegas while drinking my tea. 🤣

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

one of the tapioca pearls was replaced with a metal bead and then the killer used a super powerful magnet to rapidly pull it out of his victim

If the guy is not chewing on the boba or swishing it around in his mouth, which would have exposed the deception, then he gets what he deserves.

I am not going to touch the rest of the idea... gonna lay off the cynicism for a while.  I need to focus that energy elsewhere.  Purely used for good, mind you.

But, I will be back.

🇺🇸 $5 OZEMPIC ALTERNATIVE TAKES GEN Z BY STORM

A surprising alternative to Ozempic, costing only $5, has emerged at local gas stations, gaining popularity among Gen Z as a budget-friendly weight loss solution.

Zyn nicotine pouches, used as an appetite suppressant, are being hailed as a "poor man's semiglutide shot," with users reporting significant weight loss. Similar to what Ozympic is touted to do.

Nik Bando, a popular Instagram influencer, shared his experience of dropping 30 pounds by substituting meals with Zyn, referring to it as "O-Zyn-pic."

This trend has sparked a wave of content creators advocating for the weight loss benefits of nicotine pouches despite warnings from health experts about potential risks.

Dr. Carolyn Bramante from the University of Minnesota cautions against this practice, highlighting that safer, FDA-approved weight management options are available. Concerns include gum damage and the broader health implications of nicotine consumption.

Despite this, the trend continues, with Zyn appealing to young consumers through its affordability.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-05-17/zyn-shortage-nicotine-pouches-out-of-stock-in-several-us-states

https://nypost.com/2024/05/18/lifestyle/affordable-ozempic-dupe-costs-just-5-at-your-local-gas-station/

20240519_220700.jpg

43 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

highlighting that safer, FDA-approved weight management options are available.

You know, like fixing your diet and putting in a little more movement into your routine.  But, nooooo, I have to have my 32oz soy latte double-shot frappucrappo with the mint twist, and all my energy drinks just to make it to lunch, even though my entire life is 80% sedentary.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

new AI windows PC's will continuously take screenshots as you work, feel it all into a AI model for instant Recall of whatever you want from your past, giving us dumb humans basically a photographic memory!

https://www.windowslatest.com/2024/05/20/microsoft-confirms-windows-11-recall-ai-hardware-requirements/

Edited by Gary from OPA

3 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

new AI windows PC's will continuously take screenshots as you work, feel it all into a AI model for instant Recall of whatever you want from your past, giving us dumb humans basically a photographic memory!

"For the memory of computing, Recall, Recall Recall!"

Yeah.  And NO ONE ELSE, not even Microsoft or its authorized partners, will have access to those screenshots.  "This is my computer, this is my Recall.  And it's all being done locally."Look at the smile on that douche bag's face.  He is completely thrilled with the fact Microsoft has beaten Google and Facebook to the punch on this.

* Until Microsoft decides otherwise, and forces you to accept the new terms or have your computer disabled.  ("Terms and conditions subject to change.")  Just like Roku has effectively bricked my $150 TV because I will not agree to amended the terms to which I already agreed when I bought it.

Mark my words, hear me well: this is manually-activated now, but not long into the future, it will be constantly running.  Do not doubt me.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

"For the memory of computing, Recall, Recall Recall!"

Yeah.  And NO ONE ELSE, not even Microsoft or its authorized partners, will have access to those screenshots.  "This is my computer, this is my Recall.  And it's all being done locally."Look at the smile on that douche bag's face.  He is completely thrilled with the fact Microsoft has beaten Google and Facebook to the punch on this.

* Until Microsoft decides otherwise, and forces you to accept the new terms or have your computer disabled.  ("Terms and conditions subject to change.")  Just like Roku has effectively bricked my $150 TV because I will not agree to amended the terms to which I already agreed when I bought it.

Mark my words, hear me well: this is manually-activated now, but not long into the future, it will be constantly running.  Do not doubt me.

A few of the many things I can see wrong with this...

1. It will require infinite storage, or an always-on Internet connection.
  2. This thing can spy on you, reporting your activities to Microsoft, Google, or ... ?
  3. When it gets hacked, you can look forward to messages arriving, saying "I see you did (something embarassing) four years ago.  Send me money or I'll ... "

I hope I'm just being paranoid.

K-R.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

Finally an outdoor Roomba

The tractor shop in the town near has a smaller version of that thing on display.  I wouldn't trust it to not grind up the baby rabbits that sit in my yard like rocks, hoping any passing hawks will think they are rocks.

A robot vacuum cleaner is one thing, but an untethered mobile Quisinart with spinning blades that can shred any small animal that might be scared into paralysis just scares me...

K-R.

10 minutes ago, Kchula-Rrit said:

The tractor shop in the town near has a smaller version of that thing on display.  I wouldn't trust it to not grind up the baby rabbits that sit in my yard like rocks, hoping any passing hawks will think they are rocks.

A robot vacuum cleaner is one thing, but an untethered mobile Quisinart with spinning blades that can shred any small animal that might be scared into paralysis just scares me...

K-R.

Anybody ever see the movie "Runaway" with Tom Selleck?