IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

24 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

An attorney says she saw her library reading habits reflected in mobile ads. That's not supposed to happen
Follow us down this deep rabbit hole of privacy policy after privacy policy

https://www.theregister.com/2024/05/18/mystery_of_the_targeted_mobile_ads/

Just going to get worse, as Google working on a new SDK feature to help developers get Android users back into their installed apps.

https://techcrunch.com/2024/05/20/google-launches-a-new-android-feature-to-drive-users-back-into-their-installed-apps/

1 hour ago, Gary from OPA said:

Just going to get worse, as Google working on a new SDK feature to help developers get Android users back into their installed apps.

https://techcrunch.com/2024/05/20/google-launches-a-new-android-feature-to-drive-users-back-into-their-installed-apps/

Gonna play Devil's Advocate on this one.  From what I understand, these are shortcut links to specific functions in an app.  If it is indeed something like a Detroit Red Wings icon which takes me into the NHL app directly to the team's information, I am okay with this.

Does anyone want to buy a humanoid robot for $16,000?

The latest product from Unitree hopes that you will: Meet the Unitree G1, a "Humanoid agent AI avatar," aka a robot. If you haven't heard of Unitree, it's sort of the go-to "budget Chinese option" in the robot space.

You're going to have to deal with company promotional materials that are just barely written in English, but you get some impressive bang-for-your-buck robots.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2024/05/unitree-starts-selling-16000-humanoid-robot/

7-640x480.jpg

2 minutes ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

The feel of the clutch underneath your hand?  Is this a niche within a niche?  My cars were all foot pedal clutches; lovely fun in winter at a red light on a hill with a car at your rear bumper.  

I could feel every gear in my car through my clutch pedal and shifter.  Clutch or no -- I had two identical cars, one automatic and one manual -- I could feel everything happening with the engine through my accelerator cable.  Just so much contact with the car has been taken away.

25 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

I could feel every gear in my car through my clutch pedal and shifter.  Clutch or no -- I had two identical cars, one automatic and one manual -- I could feel everything happening with the engine through my accelerator cable.  Just so much contact with the car has been taken away.

Found a new car for you...

Kanye West - Yeezy CyberTruck

17 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

Found a new car for you...

Kanye West - Yeezy CyberTruck

Count me in.  It will fit well with my alter-ego Hotblack Desiato and my band "Disaster Area."  (You may know it as "PRISM.")  Hell, I might just close the show by hurling it into the sun!

4 hours ago, Gary from OPA said:

Does anyone want to buy a humanoid robot for $16,000?

The latest product from Unitree hopes that you will: Meet the Unitree G1, a "Humanoid agent AI avatar," aka a robot. If you haven't heard of Unitree, it's sort of the go-to "budget Chinese option" in the robot space.

You're going to have to deal with company promotional materials that are just barely written in English, but you get some impressive bang-for-your-buck robots.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2024/05/unitree-starts-selling-16000-humanoid-robot/

These are also the guys who made the robot dog base that the famous "flamethrower dog" was built on top of. I've been following a Discord for hacking their machines and it's pretty doable. The base level of the dog is around $2500 right now, though it's a hackable remote controlled toy at that level. The Discord is curious about the humanoid but $16k is the base/base/base model. Nobody has dared to order one to hack it yet. ;)

🇺🇸 NESTLÉ LAUNCHES FOOD LINE FOR OZEMPIC USERS

Nestlé is introducing a new product line called Vital Pursuit, which has been formulated explicitly for weight-loss medication users such as Ozempic and Wegovy. 

The lineup includes 12 items like high-protein frozen pasta, sandwich melts, and pizzas, all enriched with essential nutrients tailored to meet the unique dietary needs of those on GLP-1 agonists, drugs primarily used for Type 2 diabetes that also aid in weight loss. 

With the growing popularity of these medications, Nestlé aims to cater to the changing dietary preferences of this expanding customer base. 

Set to be economically priced under $5, these products are expected in stores by the fourth quarter of 2024, positioning Nestlé at the forefront of a market projected to reach $30 billion over the next six years. 

Source: https://nypost.com/2024/05/21/business/nestle-launches-food-line-targeting-ozempic-other-weight-loss-drug-users/

26 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

Just add a paywall of some sorts into classic99 and you will soon have one yourself to help you type in the coding.

Perhaps some in-app adverts.  All the cool development houses are doing it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gary from OPA said:

With the growing popularity of these medications, Nestlé aims to cater to the changing dietary preferences of this expanding customer base. 

Can we perhaps look at this part more closely?  WHY are these diabetes medications in a "growing popularity,"  i.e. why are so many people developing diabetes??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

The feel of the clutch underneath your hand?  Is this a niche within a niche?  My cars were all foot pedal clutches; lovely fun in winter at a red light on a hill with a car at your rear bumper.  

The great smell of petroleum distillate as I depress the velocitator.

announcing episode 8 GIF