IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2023)

carlsson

Week 04

Top games

1. Alien: Isolation (Switch) - 1740 min. (#6)
2. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Xbox One) - 840 min.
3. Valkyria Chronices 4: Complete Edition (PC) - 565 min.
4. Tales of the Abyss (3DS) - 423 min. (#1)
5. Pikmin Bloom (iOS) - 399 min. (#5)
6. DoDonPachi Saidaioujou (Xbox 360) - 361 min. (#4)
7. Catacombs of the Undercity (PC) - 205 min.
8. Vampire Survivors (Android) - 140 min.
9. Retro Bowl (Android) - 90 min. (#7)
10. Simpsons, The: Hit & Run (Gamecube) - 78 min.

Top systems

1. Switch (1 game) - 1740 min. (#6)
2. PC (10 games) - 928 min. (#3)
3. Xbox One (2 games) - 900 min. (#2)
4. iOS (2 games) - 446 min. (#4)
5. 3DS (1 game) - 423 min. (#1)
6. Xbox 360 (1 game) - 361 min. (#5)
7. Android (2 games) - 230 min. (#7)
8. Gamecube (1 game) - 78 min.
9. Virtual Technologies VTxx (4 games) - 60 min. (#10)

Total 5166 minutes and 24 different games (of which 12 new) on 9 different systems, with 7 participants.

I may have mentioned the Swedish (?) proverb "Alone is strong" before, and if you're isolated you're usually alone. This week Alien: Isolation matches all those criteria as it by a margin of exactly 15 hours becomes the most played game, and at the same time makes the Switch the most played system, by almost the same margin.

Alien: Isolation (Switch) also moves two pegs on the all-time list and is now up to 17090 minutes which equals 9th place! The top list is rather steep from here, next target is Borderlands 3 (Xbox One) at 22077 min. However Alien: Isolation is the only game in the top 20 to have been played so far this year (which indeed only is four weeks old).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Only 2 games this time, but one of them is extremely rare.

PC

Valkyria Chronicles 4 - 1007

Arcade
DoDonPachi Saidaioujou - 10

Yes, I played this on PCB. Apparently there are only several hundred of these in the entire world of something. The sound quality on the PCB is extremely poor; I'd heard this before, but actually playing it on the PCB and hearing that it really does sound like complete shit makes me sad. It also plays slightly better than the 360 version.

• Like 3

Same here... need to make sure I keep track all week... started late, but here's what I did record...

PC

Forza Horizon 5 (299 min) - Been doing rivals with a friend.  We've been going back and forth beating each other... sometimes adjusting current cars, sometimes resorting to finding new ones.  Most of our times are in the top 1% of rivals, so we're doing okay.  lol  The game itself, solo, is meh.  But doing this with friends and challenging each other is pretty addicting.

• Like 3

PC 

Gunmetal Arcadia Zero 31 

Kung Fu Er San 16 

Mini Ghost 41 

Skool Daze Reskooled 20 

Super House of Dead Ninjas 36 

Tiltagon 5 

Venture Kid 20 

Way of the Pixelated Fist, The 37 

XOne 

Vampire Survivors 26 

I'm going through and playing games in my Steam library that are 120mb or less, so you see the results of that above.  Favorites from the past week would be Super House of Dead Ninjas and Mini Ghost.  SHDN is rogue-ish game where you descend floors and do ninja-y stuff, dying almost constantly.  It's really good.  Mini Ghost apparently is based on a metroid-like series originally on the MSX.  The "mini" version is just that - small, but it was a really fun little game to explore and discover abilities etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Week 05

Top games

1. Valkyria Chronices 4: Complete Edition (PC) - 1007 min. (#3)
2. Simpsons, The: Hit & Run (Gamecube) - 458 min. (#10)
3. Forza Horizon 5 (PC) - 299 min.
4. Alien: Isolation (Switch) - 215 min. (#1)
5. Pikmin Bloom (iOS) - 152 min. (#5)
6. Grand Theft Auto Advance (GBA) - 90 min.
7. Art of Rally (Switch) - 75 min.
8. Retro Bowl (Android) - 60 min. (#9)
9. Duolingo (iOS) - 58 min.
10. Mini Ghost (PC) - 41 min.

Top systems

1. PC (10 games) - 1512 min. (#2)
2. Gamecube (1 game) - 458 min. (#8)
3. Switch (2 games) - 290 min. (#1)
4. iOS (2 games) - 210 min. (#4)
5. GBA (2 games) - 110 min.
6. Android (3 games) - 100 min. (#7)
7. Xbox One (1 games) - 26 min. (#3)
8. Arcade (2 games) - 20 min.

Total 2726 minutes and 23 different games (of which 12 new) on 8 different systems, with 7 participants.

In an unusually slow week, Valkyria Chronicles sails away into first place, over 9 hours ahead of the Simpsons in second place. Even without Valkyria Chronicles, the PC would have become the most played system thanks to another nine games played. For once, the classic tracker produced higher numbers in all areas except the individually most played game.

Retro Bowl (Android) enters the 50 Hour Club with exactly 3000 minutes played.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Not much to really say this time. I think I messed up my time counting for DDP, but there isn't much I can do about it.

3DS
Tales of the Abyss - 745

Xbox 360
DoDonPachi Saidaioujou - 205

PC
Raiden IV x MIKADO remix - 112
Valkyria Chronicles 4 Complete Edition - 24

Switch
Metroid Prime Remastered - 614

• Like 3

Apple iOS:

Duolingo - 42 minutes

Pikmin Bloom - 394 minutes

Vampire Survivors - 73 minutes

Game Boy Advance:

Kuru Kuru Kururin - 135 minutes

Mazes of Fate - 25 minutes

PSP:

WTF-Work Time Fun - 25 minutes

Sunplus SPG:

(as manifested in the MyArcade Gamer X Portable)

Bowling - 10 minutes

Curling - 20 minutes

Golf - 25 minutes

Switch:

Legal Dungeon - 150 minutes

WBSC eBaseball: Power Pros - 45 minutes

• Like 2

PC 

Dead Man's Draw 74 

Floating Point 28 

Hargrave 28 

Monsters' Den: The Book of Dread 110 

XOne 

Infernax 243 

It Takes Two 101 

Vampire Survivors 35

What to say here?  I kept playing games that are smaller than ~120mb in my Steam library.  Meanwhile, Infernax is a retro-styled platformer borrowing heavily from Castlevania.  It is set to cycle out of GamePass soon, but I'm not sure I can finish in time.

• Like 2

Just one modern game again...

PC

Forza Horizon 5 (333 min) - Did some of the weekly challenges to get another car, but mainly been working on rivals with a friend.  We've been going back and forth a lot.  He spent about 4 hours one day trying to get a clean time on a particular race before giving up, then beat me on it the next day.  We had been going back and forth beating each other by a second or two... sometimes less...  he beat me on one by 0.006 seconds!  And on this last race, when he finally passed me again, he beat me by over 18 seconds.  A huge margin that it'll take quite a bit to pass.  But hopefully I'll get him back.  I'm considering recording some of the races and putting them on YT.  I did a couple a while back, but not since we've both got back into the game.  Who knows, maybe next week I'll have a YT link in the post.  :)  

• Like 3

Week 06

Top games

1. Tales of the Abyss (3DS) - 745 min.
2. Metroid Prime Remastered (Switch) - 614 min.
3. Pikmin Bloom (iOS) - 394 min. (#5)
4. Forza Horizon 5 (PC) - 333 min. (#3)
5. Infermax (Xbox One) - 243 min.
6. DoDonPachi Saidaioujou (Xbox 360) - 205 min.
7. DOOM (2016 reboot) (Switch) - 155 min.
8. Legal Dungeon (Switch) - 150 min.
9. Kuru Kuru Kururin (GBA) - 135 min.
9. Simpsons, The: Hit & Run (Gamecube) - 135 min. (#2)

Top systems

1. Switch (4 games) - 964 min. (#3)
2. 3DS (1 game) - 745 min.
3. PC (7 games) - 709 min. (#1)
4. iOS (3 games) - 509 min. (#4)
5. Xbox One (3 games) - 379 min. (#7)
6. GBA (4 games) - 260 min. (#5)
7. Xbox 360 (1 game) - 205 min.
8. Gamecube (1 game) - 135 min. (#2)
9. Android (2 games) - 120 min. (#6)
10. Sunplus SPG (3 games) - 55 min.

Total 4106 minutes and 30 different games (of which 17 new) on 11 different systems, with 7 participants.

The tales of the Abyss are back, just over two hours ahead of the new remastered version of Metroid Prime. Speaking of back, so is the Switch in first place, and we're also above 10 systems again after two weeks with slightly fewer systems. Otherwise no major changes on the all-time stats, except that DOOM (2016 reboot) on the Switch by a margin of 24 minutes avoids getting surpassed by Pikmin Bloom (iOS).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Very light week everywhere this time. Toaplan is finally on PC with a bunch of new stuff! Unfortunately, pretty much everything is broken and/or glitchy, so best to hold off on playing them for now. Dariusburst AC EX is finally back after a very long absence, although I still didn't play it much.

PC
GRAND CROSS Re:NOVATION - 33
KAMUI - 75
Kyuukyoku Tiger/Twin Cobra - 68
Out Zone - 49
Tatsujin/Truxton - 53
Valkyria Chronicles 4 Complete Edition - 337
Zero Wing - 62

Arcade
Dariusburst Another Chronicle EX - 10

• Like 4

For my gaming this week...  Not sure how to categorize this...  I guess I can break it apart though?

PC

Forza Horizon 5 - 450 min (So I've been playing this on PC through PC Game Pass, but have been having trouble lately... I don't think my laptop is powerful enough to do some things I want to do while playing (like having another monitor running a video or streaming on Twitch for example), so I got out the ol' XBox One and changed my PC Game Pass into a Game Pass Ultimate, then downloaded FH5 on the XBox One.  So now I can let the XBox work on running the game while my PC is free to do the other things.  So part of this week's FH5 times were on PC and some were on XB1.)

XBox One

Forza Horizon 5 - 240 min (Really only played this last night... but it worked really well so I played a decent amount.  Didn't actually write down the time, but it was at least four hours, so I'll go with that.)

Also, since I mentioned maybe posting a video... here's one of me racing the Goliath in FH5.  It's a really long circuit lap race that goes around the entire game map.  Thirty-four in game miles.  My rival time is in the top 1% of all times for the class vehicle I was using (class B).  Number 4,212 out of 284,184.

• Like 3

Here are my times for this past week (February 13th through 19th, 2023) on modern systems:

Browser-based:

Reflexect - 2 min.

Ultra Bow Golf Demo - 4 min.

This week I only played a short session on 2 games by Base_Thomas. Reflexect is similar to a Jump'n'Run game, but you can use the mouse to place reflector pads which cause the game figure to basically reflect. In Ultra Bow Golf Demo, you basically shoot arros instead of golf balls, but it more or less follows the rules of Golf.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Eltigro said:

Darn... I was kinda looking at that one.  Toaplan made some fun stuff.

My obsession with Toaplan allows me to quickly make massive lists of problems with all of these games. Here is the list of things that are broken that I have found on each game

Spoiler

Problems with all games

• Games run too fast, as they don't match PCB refresh rates. Affects some games more drastically than others

• Can only have one autofire rate set at once

• Screen settings do not seem to save when closing the game and reopening it

• Adding gadgets with borders disabled seems to re-enable borders despite the borders being disabled

• After closing a game and reopening it, games seem to default to using custom mode.

• All games should default to difficulty setting B upon first boot, as they currently default to some other difficulty

• All games should default to having 3 ships at start of game, but they don't

• No option to reset DIP switches to default difficulty/player stock/extend DIP switch values

• Mouse cursor does not hide in fullscreen in some games

• Sound emulation is incorrect on all games, with music tempos fluctuating, instruments/channels missing, and all sound effects being played improperly

• Online leaderboards track assisted gameplay on the non-assisted (arcade settings) leaderboard

• Need stage maps in training mode menu in all games so player can easily identify where each checkpoint is. Currently only displays checkpoint number, leaving the player guessing as to which checkpoint is where

Out Zone

• Unusual ROM revision is used for the “Normal” version of the game instead of the actual normal version

• Local high score table does not save player's name properly

• Online high score tables should say “Normal” and “Hard” versions instead of “Easy” and “Hard”

• Possible to get first death achievement by having enemy shot hit shield, causing player to get achievement without dying

• Extend DIP switches mislabeled using Kyuukyoku Tiger/Twin Cobra/Tatsujin values; should be 300,000 every (default setting), 200,000 and 500,000, 300,000, and NONE/OFF according to my Japanese Out Zone instruction manual

• Missing option in training mode to allow player to begin with the speed up and energy extend

• Training mode stages numbered incorrectly (displays mission 0-6 instead of 1-7)

Zero Wing

• When launching the game for the first time, 1P version should be the default

• Player shots and satellites clip through the game's HUD at the top of the screen in 1P version

• Possible to get first death achievement by having enemy shot hit bomb rather than player, causing player to get achievement without dying

• No option in training mode to allow player to select how many speed items player has collected

• Training mode displays stage name instead of stage number

• In training mode, using the secret warp on stage 5 to go to stage 8 and dying will cause the player to start again on stage 8 at weapon power level selected in training menu but with red weapon and without satellites. Dying again opens menu as normal.

• When playing with keyboard, pressing in opposite directions simultaneously results in player ship moving in unintended manner.

• In 1P version, Pipiru Seijin clips through the HUD at the top of the screen on stage 4 instead of being hidden by HUD as intended

Kyuukyoku Tiger/Twin Cobra

• Extend DIP switches are mislabeled

• Widescreen mode causes enemies to spawn in improper locations

• When playing with keyboard, pressing in opposite directions simultaneously results in player helicopter moving in unintended manner.

• Widescreen causes powerups to move around on left side of screen instead of being centered

• Widescreen causes player helicopter to land in incorrect position at end of each stage

• Training mode sometimes starts player on incorrect stage (Kyuukyoku Tiger only)

• Training mode stages numbered incorrectly (displays mission 0-9 instead of 1-10)

• Game does not remember which game the player played last, defaulting to Twin Cobra

Tatsujin/Truxton

• Extend DIP switch settings are mislabeled

• Extend settings should default to 70,000/200,000 every

• Starting player ship count DIP switch mislabeled

• No option in training mode to allow player to select how many speed items player has collected

• When playing with keyboard, pressing in opposite directions simultaneously results in player ship moving in unintended manner.

• Training menu is unintuitive since it uses boss number instead of stage number and associated checkpoints, requiring player to know which boss/miniboss/stage/checkpoint is associated with each boss number

There might be other problems as well, but I have not found them myself. I sent all of these and a few other suggestions to the developers and they seem pretty open to feedback, so hopefully this all gets fixed.

• Like 1