IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2023)

carlsson

PS5

Star Wars Jedi: Fall Order - 330min.                        Played through most of it again in anticipation of the next game coming out in the next 2 weeks.

PS4

Minecraft - 1200min

The Caves&Cliffs update and updates to the Nether have made the game almost too big. Not in a fun way either. Most of my hours were spent trying to locate a Nether fortress just to make potions. Even using a save copy to fly around free roaming took several hours. 20 hours and very little progress. I had an easier time mining for Netherite than finding a fortress this go around.

Little Nightmares - 15min.                                           A plus free game. Cool art and seems like a fun adventure game. Need to stop playing Minecraft to play it more.

• Like 4

Just a little bit of modern gaming for me this week, since I spent most of the week playing through Splatterhouse on the PC Engine, Splatterhouse 2 on the Genesis, and Castlevania: Rondo of Blood on the PC Engine CD-ROM². I swear I'm going to finish Tomb Raider: Anniversary one of these days :lol:

PSP
Tomb Raider: Anniversary - 44 minutes 

• Like 4

PC 

Critical Mass 27 

Jets n Guns Gold 127 

Xone 

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China 200 

Catastronauts 80 

It Takes Two 198 

Out of Space 392 

Pinball FX3 27 

TMNT: Shredders Revenge 51 

On the PC side, I sorta gave up on Hand of Fate 2 as I just wasn't having as much fun with it as the original game. I kept playing other games in my Steam library with an install size <120mb, and I found my way to two games that now seem to be considered "classics" by those who played them at a younger age.  Both of these games had trouble starting on a modern PC, so they had a bit of a "yesteryear" feel to them (which all of us are familiar with on this board).  It was fun to find comments specifically about Jets n Guns like "I loved playing this as a kid."  The game is from 2004!  This one is not really in a genre where I claim to have a lot of opinions, but it seemed perfectly playable to me in 2023.  Jets'n'Guns - Wikipedia

The XBox One saw an uptick for me.  I recently had to replace the power brick for my original XBox One and am happy that it is back up and running.  I had a moment where I thought I might just get rid of all my physical Xbox One games because (even though I am a big hoarder of physical media) I have grown accustomed to not getting up and putting discs in a console.  Alas, I really have too many Xbox One physical games to dump them all on one friendly retailer - I'd loose too much.  After saying all of that, none of these titles were physical.  The theme was mostly co-op gaming as my wife and I tend to try all games at all similar to Overcooked and Out of Space hit the spot for that style of gaming - we extended from there.  It comes with the subtitle "Couch Edition," but I don't really think it needs to be tracked with that added on.  Out of Space: Couch Edition Review | TheXboxHub

• Like 3

More time on this side this week for some reason.

Apple iOS:

Duolingo - 101 minutes

Pikmin Bloom - 407 minutes

Nintendo 3DS:
Drancia Saga - 21 minutes

Fairune - 189 minutes

Started it again and finished it:

D1793648-4C06-4A15-9214-D75FDAA08984.thumb.jpeg.e20fbcedf3311128139a644f833eb070.jpeg

Fairune 2 - 47 minutes
Karous - The Beast of ReEden - - 19 minutes

Nintendo Switch:

Space Ducks: The great escape - 35 minutes 

Tetris 99 - 15 minutes 

Web browser:

[this section is a joke]

Gmail search - 191 minutes

Google Sheets - 227 minutes 

TaxAct - 327 minutes

• Like 4

Week 15

Top games

1. Minecraft (PS4) - 1200 min. (#1)
2. Ace Golf (Gamecube) - 516 min.
3. Pikmin Bloom (iOS) - 407 min. (#4)
4. Out of Space (Xbox One) - 392 min.
5. Star Wars Jedi: Fall Order (PS5) - 330 min.
6. Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China (Xbox One) - 200 min.
7. It Takes Two (Xbox One) - 198 min.
8. Fairune (3DS) - 189 min.
9. Ebikore+ Amagami (Vita) - 180 min.
10. Jets'n'Guns Gold (PC) - 127 min.

Top systems

1. PS4 (2 games) - 1215 min. (#2)
2. Xbox One (6 games) - 948 min.
3. Gamecube (1 game) - 516 min.
4. iOS (2 games) - 508 min. (#4)
5. Android (9 games) - 430 min. (#7)
6. PS5 (1 game) - 330 min. (#5)
7. 3DS (4 games) - 276 min. (#6)
8. Vita (1 game) - 180 min. (#10)
9. PC (2 games) - 154 min. (#1)
10. Switch (2 games) - 50 min.

Total 4681 minutes and 34 different games (of which 15 new) on 13 different systems, with 7 participants.

Minecraft with ease stays in top, with Ace Golf well behind in second place. With three entries on the list, the Xbox One returns to the tracker in second place, though it is almost 4.5 hours behind the PS4.

No changes to the 50, 150 or 300 Hour Clubs this week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Yesterday's (04/18/2023) totals:

Android

1) PGA Tour Golf Shootout - 15 minutes

2) Retro Bowl - 10 minutes

3) Shattered Pixel Dungeon - 25 minutes

4) Life in Adventure - 50 minutes

5) Data Wing - 10 minutes

6) Pinball Deluxe: Reloaded - 10 minutes

• Like 3

PS4

Minecraft - 255min

Fell down huge crack all the way into lava while transporting between houses. Lost all diamonds, Netherite, end game gear, ender eyes, wither skulls, enchanted gear. Unable to recover any of it and auto save, saved the darn game. All done with modern for awhile now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

This past weekend's (04/22 and 04/23/2023) times:

Android

1) Fury Road - 10 minutes

2) Marvel Snap - 50 minutes

3) Pinball Deluxe: Reloaded - 20 minutes

4) Retro Bowl - 35 minutes

GBA

1) Super Monkeyball Jr. - 10 minutes

2) Starsky and Hutch - 7 minutes

3) Strike Force Hydra - 7 minutes

4) Stuntman - 15 minutes

• Like 3

5 hours ago, neogeo1982 said:

PS4

Minecraft - 255min

Fell down huge crack all the way into lava while transporting between houses. Lost all diamonds, Netherite, end game gear, ender eyes, wither skulls, enchanted gear. Unable to recover any of it and auto save, saved the darn game. All done with modern for awhile now.

This is the part of the gameloop for Minecraft that always kills it for me.  There's always this point where the game does something that makes me want to STOP playing.  It usually takes a while for me to get back into too.

• Thanks 2

Xbox One

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China 470 

Forza Horizon 5 235 

Hot Wheels Unleashed 144 

It Takes Two 90 

Out of Space 411 

It's all Xbox One for me in the modern tracker this week.  I completed AC Chronicles China and was pleasantly surprised.  As a spin-off game, I'd say it really delivered.  Nice new gameplay mechanics that all worked well and felt rewarding.  The typical half-assed story from all AC games was there, but it just doesn't matter much in a leaner version of the franchise.  I got this through Games with Gold along with the India and Russia versions and will probably give those a chance in the near future as well.

• Like 3

Pretty good week for modern gaming this week in terms of play time, though I feel like I'm kinda stuck finishing two games I don't really like very much now :lol:

I love the original Tomb Raider but the Anniversary remake on the PSP doesn't control very well and it feels like I'm always fighting with the camera, though I'm on the last level at this point so I'll finish it anyway in spite of the frustration.

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance on the other hand doesn't feel like there's anything particularly wrong with it, the area designs just feel kinda homogeneous and uninspired. The game is also really long and it's not always clear where to go. It uses a similar "two castles" structure to Symphony of the Night, but the castles are partially merged together and look pretty much the same so it's often confusing trying to figure out which castle you're actually in and what you're supposed to do in each of them. I'm nearly 11 hours in at this point and not having much fun, and the end is nowhere in sight so I may just abandon this one and move on to a different game.

Game Boy Advance
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance - 639 minutes

PSP
Tomb Raider: Anniversary - 133 minutes

Edited by Skippy B. Coyote
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance on the other hand doesn't feel like there's anything particularly wrong with it, the area designs just feel kinda homogeneous and uninspired.

It’s a very uninspired game. It set out to look like SotN on the GBA, and it accomplishes that. It also has a neat furniture-based achievement system. Other than that, meh. The worst Igavania ever maybe?

• Like 2

Week 16

Top games

1. Pikmin Bloom (iOS) - 645 min. (#3)
2. Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA) - 639 min.
3. Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China (Xbox One) - 470 min. (#6)
4. Out of Space (Xbox One) - 411 min. (#4)
5. Minecraft (PS4) - 255 min. (#1)
6. Forza Horizon 5 (Xbox One) - 235 min.
7. Hot Wheels Unleashed (Xbox One) - 144 min.
8. Tomb Raider: Anniversary (PSP) - 133 min.
9. Duolingo (iOS) - 90 min.
9. It Takes Two (Xbox One) - 90 min. (#7)
9. Marvel Snap (Android) - 90 min.

Top systems

1. Xbox One (5 games) - 1350 min. (#2)
2. iOS (4 games) - 832 min. (#4)
3. GBA (5 games) - 678 min.
4. Android (9 games) - 350 min. (#5)
5. PS4 (1 game) - 255 min. (#1)
6. PSP (1 game) - 133 min.
7. 3DS (1 game) - 83 min. (#7)
8. Blaze Evercade (1 game) - 15 min.

Total 3696 minutes and 27 different games (of which 8 new) on 8 different systems, with 5 participants.

By a margin of 6 minutes, Pikmin Bloom is ahead Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance. Systems wise, both the Switch and PC are missing, while the Xbox One becomes the most played, again followed by a number of handheld systems - essentially I think 6 of 8 on the list could be categorized as handheld in one form or another.

No major changes to the all-time stats.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

This week I played:

Suikoden III for Playstation 2 - 115 minutes

Super Smash Bros. Melee for Gamecube - 279 minutes

Tekken 4 for Playstation 2 - 375 minutes

Progress:

Suikoden III - I started a new game and played part of Hugo Chapter 1 to the point where I finished Melville, Alanis and Elliot's quest to the northern cave.

Super Smash Bros. Melee - I completed classic mode with all default characters on very easy mode and unlocked Dr. Mario, Jigglypuff, Young Link, Marth and Roy. I also completed that same mode with all 5 of them. Next I played adventure mode on very easy mode as Mario and Pikachu, unlocking Luigi in the process. After that I completed that mode with Bowser, then Peach.

Tekken 4 - I completed story battle mode on easy difficulty with every default character, then with every unlockable character and the two characters that are alternates to unlockable characters. I tried to start Tekken Force mode as Kazuya but only completed the first stage and got frustrated with it during the second stage deciding I wouldn't bother with it.

• Like 4

Question for @carlsson, because I honestly have no idea what system to list the main game I've been playing this week under. 

I've been playing Blood: Fresh Supply, which is a port of the original PC DOS version of Blood to modern Windows architecture that I purchased on Steam. It seems unchanged from the original DOS version, however, I haven't been playing it on a Windows computer. I've been playing it on the Android app Zeta Touch on my Retroid Pocket 3+ handheld, which adds some nice new features like gyroscope motion control aiming.

So, do I list Blood: Fresh Supply under PC DOS, Steam, PC Windows, or Android and in the modern tracker or the classic one? Cause I have no clue :lol:

• Like 1

My head spins... Actually I have been thinking about adding Steam as its own system in the modern tracker, but not sure if it is separate enough from PC as the hardware. Since it isn't a native Android app, but rather something you play through one of its apps (think emulator), I suppose Steam/modern PC is the closest unless the Steam version itself runs a MS-DOS emulation layer too, so you would be playing it through double emulation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

I've been playing Blood: Fresh Supply, which is a port of the original PC DOS version of Blood to modern Windows architecture that I purchased on Steam. It seems unchanged from the original DOS version, however, I haven't been playing it on a Windows computer. I've been playing it on the Android app Zeta Touch on my Retroid Pocket 3+ handheld, which adds some nice new features like gyroscope motion control aiming.

Here is the Steam page for it: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1010750/Blood_Fresh_Supply/

It is a native Windows port. How are you playing it on Android? If you are just streaming from your PC you’re still playing it on your PC, so it is a modern PC game.