IGNORED

Upcoming myarcade handhelds, and possible mini console

negative1

On 1/6/2023 at 9:29 PM, Flojomojo said:

The TV console has a lot of 2600 Jr style. I think the Atari 50 is my limit for this stuff but I’m interested in how it does. 

Agreed.  Already kinda reached my limit with seeing Atari stuff.  However, if there can be better packages that include ALL systems (arcade, 2600, 5200, 7800, A8, ST, Lynx, and Shaguar) that would be very enticing.  Apart from that, though, not so much.

• 6 months later...

I think it might be. That feature, along with the potential for a low price or close outs, might make me consider getting this thing. Even though I have all of its games in other formats already. 

Is anyone else a little surprised at how Atari seems to keep finding new people to buy old stuff? I’d think the market were saturated years ago. 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2023 at 3:08 AM, gespy said:

The MyArcade Gamestation Pro is up for pre-order at select retailers. Like here at Office Depot: https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/2589311/My-Arcade-GameStation-Pro-Atari-Retro/

If you look at the photo, it looks like they added a paddle to the controller!

BJs wholesale has photos of the box and you can just about make out game names 

https://www.bjs.com/product/my-arcade-atari-gamestation-pro/3000000000004511847?fulfillment=shipping

IMG_2908.webp.865850a4cc1db90441ce31c8d48cf939.webp

• Like 1

Originally they were not suppose to be, but now it says Atari 5200 on the box so I guess this now includes those games like Atari 50?!

Game highlights out of 50 listed...

Play these legendary Atari games

Asteroids (arcade, 2600, 7800 or all?)

Breakout (arcade, 2600 or both?) 

Canyon Bomber (arcade, 2600 or both?)

Centipede (arcade, 2600, 7800 or all?)

Dark Chambers (2600, 7800 or both?)

Drag Race (Activision or homebrew?)

Fast Eddie (2600)

Gravitar (arcade, 2600 or both?)

I, Robot (arcade)

Lunar Lander (arcade, 2600 or both?)

Major Havoc (arcade)

Millipede (arcade, 2600, 5200 or all?)

Missile Command (arcade, 2600, 5200 or all?)

Orbit (?)

Roadrunner (arcade, 2600 or both?)

Star Raiders (2600, 5200 or both?)

Super Breakout (arcade, 2600, 5200 or all)

Tempest (arcade, 2600 or both?)

Warlords (arcade, 2600 or both?)

And many more

Edited by TrekkiELO
  • Like 1

On 8/4/2023 at 9:02 AM, Flojomojo said:

Is anyone else a little surprised at how Atari seems to keep finding new people to buy old stuff? I’d think the market were saturated years ago. 

I agree... yet I want it.  I have plenty of 2600 options already (R77, AFB2, AFB2 modded, AFB9 CFW, 7800, and of course Stella) and yet I find myself wanting to buy this one.  I guess as long as there are chumps like me out there they'll keep releasing these things.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2023 at 3:45 PM, famicommander said:

Big missed opportunity if you won't be able to use that controller on a PC, VCS, Switch, Xbox, or Playstation.

why would you ever want to do that. theres a ton of better controller with better features out there,

how is it supposed to handle all the system buttons, restart, home, triggers etc.

no way this thing could work with them.

later

|| | | || | |

n egat ive 1

2 minutes ago, negative1 said:

why would you ever want to do that. theres a ton of better controller with better features out there,

how is it supposed to handle all the system buttons, restart, home, triggers etc.

no way this thing could work with them.

later

|| | | || | |

n egat ive 1

Atari just released gigantic compilations of Atari games on all of those systems.

You don't think people might want to play Atari games on an Atari controller? I'm not suggesting anyone would use them to play Super Smash Bros or Halo.

• Like 2

On 8/28/2023 at 10:53 PM, famicommander said:

Atari just released gigantic compilations of Atari games on all of those systems.

You don't think people might want to play Atari games on an Atari controller? I'm not suggesting anyone would use them to play Super Smash Bros or Halo.

not in the least bit.

there are very few people playing these retro games on new consoles.

i go for leaderboard scores, so i use my own spinners, trackballs and joysticks that are more arcade accurate.

those cost a lot more and perform much better.

atari already came out with a much better arcade quality dual joystick+ trackball controller awhile ago.

and another one that was single player later on (but dont like the placement)

a cheap controller like this wouldnt work well at all.

later

| || | || | | 

ne gative 1

Edited by negative1

6 minutes ago, negative1 said:

not in the least bit.

there are very few people playing these retro games on new consoles.

i go for leaderboard scores, so i use my own spinners, trackballs and joysticks that are more arcade accurate.

those cost a lot more and perform much better.

atari already came out with a much better arcade quality dual joystick+ trackball controller awhile ago.

a cheap controller like this wouldnt work well at all.

later

| || | || | | 

ne gative 1

I'd be willing to bet that the number of people who purchased or will purchase the Atari 50 Collection across all platforms is far, far higher than the number of people who will buy this MyArcade device. Obviously only a small chunk of that group would be interested in this controller but I'd imagine they'd sell a decent number to PC emulation enthusiasts as well. Those sticks would be perfectly fine for playing most of the games from the NES/SMS era and prior. Sell them at half the price of the VCS Classic Joysticks. I don't know how many VCS units they sold, but I do know those classic sticks are sold out everywhere while the modern gamepad is readily available. The VCS sticks are going for high prices on the secondary market so it would seem somebody out there wants those controllers or a reasonable facsimile. 

All it would take would be a basic USB receiver peripheral and they could make it work with most modern consoles as well as PC operating systems, VCS, Evercade VS, etc.

Edited by famicommander

32 minutes ago, famicommander said:

I'd be willing to bet that the number of people who purchased or will purchase the Atari 50 Collection across all platforms is far, far higher than the number of people who will buy this MyArcade device. Obviously only a small chunk of that group would be interested in this controller but I'd imagine they'd sell a decent number to PC emulation enthusiasts as well. Those sticks would be perfectly fine for playing most of the games from the NES/SMS era and prior. Sell them at half the price of the VCS Classic Joysticks. I don't know how many VCS units they sold, but I do know those classic sticks are sold out everywhere while the modern gamepad is readily available. The VCS sticks are going for high prices on the secondary market so it would seem somebody out there wants those controllers or a reasonable facsimile. 

All it would take would be a basic USB receiver peripheral and they could make it work with most modern consoles as well as PC operating systems, VCS, Evercade VS, etc.

no it wouldn't, all modern consoles controllers have encryption on them. so getting the license for them would make it prohibitive.

thats how it works with microsoft.

and they wouldn't even entertain it for the tiny number of people that would want it.

good luck getting sony or nintendo in on it either.

later

|| || | | | |

ne gative1

1 hour ago, negative1 said:

no it wouldn't, all modern consoles controllers have encryption on them. so getting the license for them would make it prohibitive.

thats how it works with microsoft.

and they wouldn't even entertain it for the tiny number of people that would want it.

good luck getting sony or nintendo in on it either.

later

|| || | | | |

ne gative1

Wouldn't need anybody's permission for it to work on Windows, Mac, Linux, Evercade, VCS, Polymega, etc. And a lot of USB peripherals work out of the box on Switch and Playstation.