IGNORED

Upcoming myarcade handhelds, and possible mini console

negative1

3 hours ago, famicommander said:

Atari should've just partnered with Blaze for an Atari-branded Super Pocket device. No excuse for crapping out these low quality devices at these prices in 2023.

so they come out with $30-$50 items in a multitude of form factors.

people complain.

they've already had expensive pocket players, and people have complained about those.

make up your mind.

no matter what they come out with, people will complain.

later

|| | || | || 

ne gative 1

48 minutes ago, negative1 said:

so they come out with $30-$50 items in a multitude of form factors.

people complain.

they've already had expensive pocket players, and people have complained about those.

make up your mind.

later

|| | || | || 

ne gative 1

Maybe they should make something that doesn't suck. It shouldn't be too much to ask to have decent emulation of a 1977 system in 2023. 

You don't see many people complaining about the Evercade. Because the Evercade has decent emulation, decent online features, a good selection of games, good customer support, etc.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, famicommander said:

Maybe they should make something that doesn't suck. It shouldn't be too much to ask to have decent emulation of a 1977 system in 2023. 

You don't see many people complaining about the Evercade. Because the Evercade has decent emulation, decent online features, a good selection of games, good customer support, etc.

the evercade is too expensive, and doesn't have the titles i want on it.

i would consider a used one, but would never buy one new.

especially when some versions of them, lock certain games to certain machines.

later

|| | | | || |

ne gative 1  

14 hours ago, negative1 said:

the evercade is too expensive, and doesn't have the titles i want on it.

i would consider a used one, but would never buy one new.

especially when some versions of them, lock certain games to certain machines.

later

|| | | | || |

ne gative 1  

19 hours ago, negative1 said:

later

|| | || | || 

ne gative 1

Well said.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, negative1 said:

when you charge as much as evercade does, it better perform well.

I have an Evercade EXP and VS. They perform well enough for me. US$130 via Amazon for a handheld with a nice screen that includes 24 games including some Capcom greats? That seems very reasonable to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, negative1 said:

when you charge as much as evercade does, it better perform well.

when something costs $20-$40, i don't mind about minor issues and don't expect it perform like something triple or quadruple the cost.

later

| || | | |

ne gative 1

The Super Pocket models come out next month and they cost 60 bucks with your choice of 17 Taito games or 12 Capcom games. They play every cartridge in the Evercade library and include quality IPS screens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, madman said:

I have an Evercade EXP and VS. They perform well enough for me. US$130 via Amazon for a handheld with a nice screen that includes 24 games including some Capcom greats? That seems very reasonable to me.

The EXP actually comes with 31 games. The 18 built in Capcom games, the 6 on the included Irem cart, and the free unlockable hidden games (Kubo, Kubo 2, NNNNNN, Gribbly's Day Out, Gotris, Spacey McRacey, Rogue64)

• Thanks 1

On 8/31/2023 at 9:09 PM, negative1 said:

no it wouldn't, all modern consoles controllers have encryption on them. so getting the license for them would make it prohibitive.

thats how it works with microsoft.

and they wouldn't even entertain it for the tiny number of people that would want it.

good luck getting sony or nintendo in on it either.

later

|| || | | | |

ne gative1

And yet, 8BitDo and PowerA make nice controllers for all kinds of systems. A little interoperability for these old-style joystick controllers would be nice to have. 

Thanks for posting the video reviews, I’ll check them out later. Anyone seen these in stores yet? 

On 9/4/2023 at 8:58 PM, swlovinist said:

My order for the GameStation Plus has been backordered.    I wonder if this got pulled due to the upcoming Atari 2600+.    I go to the My Arcade website and it is no longer being promoted.  

I pre-ordered through Amazon, and until 3pm today it was on track for delivery today (9/7/23) by 10pm, and then I received an email notifying me of a delay.  Like you, I'm also worried that the product was canceled, but I talked to Amazon customer service, who told me that it still will be shipped.  I'm skeptical that Amazon is only telling me the information that they have, which may not be the most up to date, or may be inaccurate.  I really hope that it does ship, it seems like a better product overall than the 2600+ that Atari announced a few weeks ago.

On 9/1/2023 at 9:38 PM, mario64 said:

Anyone know what's going on with the My Arcade Atari Game Station Pro?

I just found a FCC ID registration here with some cool exterior and interior pictures and some more details.

From one of the pictures:

it is powered by a RockChip RK3032 with 256MB DDR3 SDRAM (2gbit/128M x 16)

From the manual:

Built-in ATARI/8BIT/16BIT/PIKO emulator game

CPU: RK3032
DDR: 256 MB
flash: 2GB
Resolution: 720P
Power Supply: DC5V/1A
SD Card Expansion: micro 32GB

image.thumb.png.0faa5412036e9385e88ad54d56c114a3.png

image.thumb.png.e8ff8748f43f0fa1fcd456fb10ff352c.png

image.thumb.png.082ff3ed5f731da4f78f773f7b8b8a62.png

image.thumb.png.5e2a7bbca8a8fc9aeb3933bfa64b2a17.png

image.thumb.png.f81a1de8cfa7ccccb5a201651434ace6.png

image.thumb.png.30362fa8bf20d13ff07b90d35b17c42b.png

image.thumb.png.fc1c298d06c7c6af211c9ce8c23fa256.png

image.thumb.png.2050796fd13a8f4a89475b22d89baa12.png

• Like 3

I noticed GenXGrownUp showed off the joysticks for the new My Arcade GameStation over a week ago mentioning he had the console in his possession. But then he reviewed everything else EXCEPT the GameStation and has been mostly silent now (except the Atari news about AtariAge). I wonder if My Arcade told him to nix any reviews and there has been a problem with supply or something? His silence has me concerned.

I wonder if the GameStation is just a timing thing? Like Atari wants the focus to be on the 2600+ for now and wants to get as many presales as possible, etc. The GameStation would distract from that console and potentially confuse the market. I imagine they want to do a better job of timing multiple releases of systems/accessories/etc., than they've done in the past. For instance, there's also the timing of the Polymega add-ons that will also potentially conflict with 2600+ sales. 

It could also be as simple as the GameStation production not being ready as of yet (a particular chip shortage maybe) and the decision being made to push it back into early next year. That would hurt sales since it wouldn't be a holiday item, but I don't really think it would make a huge difference either way.

Of course, I could be way off base and there's another issue, such as it actually being canceled or what-not. The game list certainly had some curious inclusions, so some of those titles could also be in flux. Either way, I do hope it eventually releases as it has some interesting qualities.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2023 at 7:25 PM, Blinky said:

SD Card Expansion: micro 32GB

I thought the console had built-in memory to save games.  But I guess they changed that.  From what the manual states, the SD card isn't included.  But that's okay.  It would be neat if the SD card option allowed for installing games onto the console though.

4 hours ago, madman said:

I'm sure it'll be in line with the level of quality we've come to expect from My Arcade.

I can already imagine the reviews

"the sound is off, the emulation is slow, the controllers randomly come desynched, and it doesn't save your high scores but other than that, 10/10!"

• Haha 1