IGNORED

Anyone know how to get in contact with Wave 1 Games? They've completely ghosted me

Leatherrebel5150

On 2/6/2023 at 3:56 AM, mdkdue said:

The quote box is somehow stuck in my reply area and I can’t get it to go away so this will look weird. But just wanted to point out that a member on here was kind enough to try to reach out to @WAVE 1 GAMES on facebook and was apparently told that I would be reached out too. That was on Sunday, still have not heard anything. It also appears that @WAVE 1 GAMES logged into here on Monday and still hasn’t messaged me wven with all of the notifications Im sure he is flooded with from all the previous messages of mine that have not been answered and @ in my posts.

Edited by Leatherrebel5150
  • Like 2

I have a bunch of Wave1 games. Every order or interaction with Jeff was problematic in one way or another, but Saucer Wars and JagZombies 2 aren't terrible. I will also reiterate his controller overlays are very high quality as well. Unfortunately I just can't recommend purchasing from him. I understand life gets in the way sometimes, but then you gotta put your e-store on pause mode or something. Can't just leave people hanging all the time like this.

• Like 9

Say what you want about Wave 1. The dude is hobbyist, making stuff out of his basement. Telegames on the other hand, used to be regarded as an actual publisher in the video game industry. I recently received a package from them to my disappointment with flimsy box, poor print quality, discs that look like bootlegs, tiny game manuals that look like copy paper print offs. Literally the worst I've seen, and there's a lot of not-so-great physical products in the cottage Jag market.

3 hours ago, Warmsignal said:

Say what you want about Wave 1. The dude is hobbyist, making stuff out of his basement. Telegames on the other hand, used to be regarded as an actual publisher in the video game industry. I recently received a package from them to my disappointment with flimsy box, poor print quality, discs that look like bootlegs, tiny game manuals that look like copy paper print offs. Literally the worst I've seen, and there's a lot of not-so-great physical products in the cottage Jag market.

Say what you want about telegames quality. I also bought a game from them that had to be exchanged. Except they actually sent me the product. Yet here I am without my game from Wave 1

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Warmsignal said:

Telegames decline in quality has been covered here, I know I made at least one thread about the poor print quality on boxes and B&W labels. Their really early Lynx stuff was even cheaper than that. Not sure if it's still a mixed bag or what, I've got all their releases so no need to order anything else. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, madman said:

Telegames decline in quality has been covered here, I know I made at least one thread about the poor print quality on boxes and B&W labels. Their really early Lynx stuff was even cheaper than that. Not sure if it's still a mixed bag or what, I've got all their releases so no need to order anything else. 

I've managed to get a hold of some of their older product runs, and while a bit plain and underwhelming, they were more on par with the standard. The Limited Edition stuff they sell now must all be done in-house. Sad that I could make a better label, box and manual than they can manage. But I'm hesitant to do it, because as crappy as it is, it's still a legitimate copy.

Some of this post Jag market stuff I'm seeing though, just looks bootleg. In my not so humble opinion, no Jag CD game should ever come in a DVD case. It should come in a three panel digipak with jewel case booklet sleeved inside the way that the games originally did, at the very least. Maybe even contained within an oversized box like some of them also had. Yeah, it's a lot more trouble, but that's how it should be... and use materials that don't suck. Wish I had the time to commit to offering folks better designed packaging for some of these products, but I rarely do and also heavily doubt anyone besides myself really cares that much.

Yeah, but at the same time it's not like Jag CD games are really moving a lot. How many people even own one these days? I grabbed the IS2 CD and World Tour Racing before they went to the DVD boxes, although I think the IS2 CD is a CDR, I can't remember.

Here's a thread I started on their Lynx variants: 

Here's my post on the low quality Breakout 2000 release: 

It kind of is what it is I suppose, at least the games are still available. Not everyone is going to have the production quality of AA and Songbird releases. I'd rather have a good game in a junky box than a crap game in a nice box. And I'd rather have either of those before I had a Wave 1 game.

• Like 2

I said this before, so it feels like I am banging my head against the wall again, but here I go....

If Jeff would just slow down, take the feedback, listen to it, let it soak in, then use it to improve his games he could release a product worth playing. He gets something kinda working, then never finishes it.

He will completely pretend his games are 100% done when in fact they are no where near finished. Play-testing would help him fix a ton of the bugs. He says he has play testers, but he must not listen to them.

Many people have pointed out bugs before he releases a game, yet he will pretend they aren't bugs. If you do actually get him to notice a bug, he will say he is gonna fix it then he doesn't. He releases it without taking the time to fix bugs he knows are there because he does not care. He knows he will sell games, he just doesn't care about quality. It is maddening.

"Fast Food 64" could have been a fun little game in small bursts. But the game is broken. 2-player mode is just crap. The game freezes and you have to "hard reset" to get anywhere.

Such a freaking shame cuz it could have been a neat little game. I refuse to play it cuz it is so frustrating dealing with the bugs. I can not even enjoy it on the shelf cuz the box is a joke and looking at it reminds me of my hard-earned $$$ down the toilet.

I think when you release that many broken games, people can see it is a cash grab. The Frogz 64 game isn't even a game. The jumping lanes don't line up and the frog can just land on water without dying. It is bad. I can not believe anyone would release a game like that. It looks like a weak demo someone did in a weekend.

Still waiting on my t-shirt too....

Edited by Machine
  • Like 12

13 hours ago, Leatherrebel5150 said:

@WAVE 1 GAMES logged on again last night and still no replies here or to me directly 

Time to accept the loss and move on. If you eventually receive your replacement cart, that's great, but I wouldn't put any more effort into it. Life's too short.

ETA: I just saw he made you pay the return shipping for his mistake. This would've been a red flag to me and I would've waited until receiving the replacement to send the original back, but that's in the past. At the very least he could've just mailed you the correct shell and a label so you could do the swap yourself, that way he just calls the other shell a small loss and you're not out shipping money.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I started to wonder why I haven't gotten myself into this kind of pickle.  Certainly tempted fate more than once.  Made several runs with seemingly random cart shell colors at times.  Think these tactics helped:

* Was firm on what couldn't be done (side deals, off the book payments, etc..)

* Made obvious what the product was including hobbyist packaging, cheap manuals

* Sacrificed personal copies of the game when gotchas happened

Mostly I think communication trumps promotion or trying to look professional.  We're enthusiasts sharing cool stuff with fellow enthusiasts.  I'd like to buy groceries (and development tools) but without each other there's no point.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

There's something to be said for not taking money until you at least have a firm schedule for shipping. When I did my hand-soldered Skunkboards, I knew life stuff, day job, wanting to just chill the fuck out some nights, etc. were going to have serious impacts on when I could deliver, so I just didn't make any specific guarantees and (I think most importantly) didn't accept payment until I was ready to ship product. If you don't have a really, really solid path to shipping, don't take pre-orders. You just get yourself into a bad situation even when intentions are good.

• Like 6