IGNORED

RTO - my "production" take on the multicart

5-11under

1 hour ago, Lathe26 said:

At this point, how many have been built and how many are on order?  Just curious about the market size.

Ask again in a couple of months, approximately.

So far about 18 have been mailed out, although most are probably still in the mail. Zero on order, because I don't want to put them on sale before they're actually ready. About 18 more ready very soon. I've got a busy weekend, but hopefully will find some time.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2023 at 9:55 PM, 5-11under said:

Today I'm finishing up reworking the first batch, and hope to mail these all out by tomorrow. After that, I'll finish the next batch, and then review my PMs/e-mails for international requests, and add the remainder to the store.

Any news for this? I pmed to you 25th

FYI, 15 more are nearly completed... just need final testing and putting in shells and final assembly of the boxes. All materials are ready.

I would have been done already, but Saturday was a beautiful day as far as temperature goes, so I spent time CNCing 30 more shells, which will hopefully get me through until the next warm day. ;) I'll still need to get out there to CNC the box shapes, but that's an easier job that can be done in the cold (and uses clamps, which work better in the cold compared to the tape I use to hold down the shells during the CNC process). Be patient... we'll get there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, 5-11under said:

FYI, 15 more are nearly completed... just need final testing and putting in shells and final assembly of the boxes. All materials are ready.

I would have been done already, but Saturday was a beautiful day as far as temperature goes, so I spent time CNCing 30 more shells, which will hopefully get me through until the next warm day. ;) I'll still need to get out there to CNC the box shapes, but that's an easier job that can be done in the cold (and uses clamps, which work better in the cold compared to the tape I use to hold down the shells during the CNC process). Be patient... we'll get there.

I'm really looking forward to snagging one of these, but from how I've interpreted your previous posts it sounds like international customers are the only ones who will get consideration when they become available... for everyone else it seems we'll have to rush to your store like Black Friday in the hope of getting in early enough to obtain a cart. If that's true I'd like to offer a suggestion... you should consider my home an international sovereign state! 🤪 Barring that it would be nice if you would limit purchases to one cart per person/address for the time being to help more people have a shot at getting one while putting a speed bump in the way of those who might look to grab multiples simply to scalp them on sites like eBay.

Clearly, with only 30 or so initially available you won't be stuck with extras that don't sell on your first batch or so.  Just something to consider.

Edited by CrashTestMonkey

1 hour ago, CrashTestMonkey said:

I'm really looking forward to snagging one of these, but from how I've interpreted your previous posts it sounds like international customers are the only ones who will get consideration when they become available... for everyone else it seems we'll have to rush to your store like Black Friday in the hope of getting in early enough to obtain a cart. If that's true I'd like to offer a suggestion... you should consider my home an international sovereign state! 🤪 Barring that it would be nice if you would limit purchases to one cart per person/address for the time being to help more people have a shot at getting one while putting a speed bump in the way of those who might look to grab multiples simply to scalp them on sites like eBay.

Clearly, with only 30 or so initially available you won't be stuck with extras that don't sell on your first batch or so.  Just something to consider.

There's only a couple of international e-mails/PMs that I've received. Maybe a couple more, where I haven't asked where they live yet. Also, only 1 or 2 people have bought 2. If someone orders more than that, in the short term, I'd consider doing a temporary refund/cancellation - if I remember, I'll add that note to the store listing.

4 hours ago, 5-11under said:

There's only a couple of international e-mails/PMs that I've received. Maybe a couple more, where I haven't asked where they live yet. Also, only 1 or 2 people have bought 2. If someone orders more than that, in the short term, I'd consider doing a temporary refund/cancellation - if I remember, I'll add that note to the store listing.

Hi 5-11,

Did u get my PM?

I wrote u few weeks ago…

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's winter now, so it's time for some RTO "snow level" cartridges... .

I've got four of these nearly ready to go... one to be given to @Rev who sent me a bunch of shells, one for sale to @the1hatman I have no idea why, and a couple more.

Pay no attention to the fact that the cart "pic" on the back of the box shows a black cartridge shell. ;)

image.png.3aab4adbd97199f594de9d275dcdb39e.png

These 2 extra RTO carts are available for sale, at a premium price, as well as a dozen regular green versions, at https://videogamepcbs.com/products/24-11-rto-flash-multicart-for-the-intellivision.html#/4loose-vs-boxedcartridge-with-box-and-manual.

Whoever buys one of the snow level RTOs, thanks for your support in this project.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 5-11under said:

The 2 blue ones are sold out. Sorry if you missed that. I don't have any more white Coleco shells for the Intellivision... unless someone sells me some... .

I would like to get one loose green there is not that as option in shop. I asked to postage to Finland with PM. 

Quick update: all current orders have been mailed out (or at least shipping labels have been applied - will send to the post office tomorrow).

I've also contacted international (outside of US or Canada) order requests. If I haven't sent you a PM, I may have missed it. Let me know via PM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 12/26/2023 at 4:52 PM, 5-11under said:

I could give a rebate on one, at least. Details unknown at the moment.

I'd like to have a white one too, if possible. Would you be open to making me one if I send you a white cartridge? I'm not interested in any sort of discount... I'll happily pay full price... I'd just prefer to have one that's white.

Thanks! :)