IGNORED

RTO - my "production" take on the multicart

5-11under

1 hour ago, Sinjinhawke said:

I'm interested in a completed one but ultimately it will depend on final price.  I do have an LTO but a backup cart could come in handy.  

Thanks

At this point, it's looking like a maximum of $85 USD for the initial offering. If things go better than planned, it could be slightly less. Later orders will likely be a bit more (economies of scale).

• Like 5

8 hours ago, RockLobster said:

lmk if you're interested in parting ways with it!  :)

OMG no.  Never.  ;)

I have some purchased ROMs tied to it.  Just looking for an alternative in case it dies as I play my ROMs/games on real hardware.  I may get a backbit as well.

I like to support these efforts where I can.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, 5-11under said:

they'll need to be changed via the rom2bin.exe program available in the jzintv emulator.

Has anyone tried to download the jzintv emulator recently.  I went to download it from: spatula-city.org and I get blocked telling me the site is unsafe and there are trojans. If I click continue to site then I get more warnings.
image.thumb.png.a10a660c47461a6c5f05a86f18dd9e83.pngimage.thumb.png.c336baab1200367e408f69b6c3724588.png

47 minutes ago, RockLobster said:

Well you can always use the MiSTer using real INTV2 controllers as your backup like me.  

I think it was Matthew 6:19-21
Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where emulators and MiSTers corrupt and where hackers break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where Intellivision games and real hardware neither corrupt nor fail, and where no hacker can break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Intellivision is older than I thought.

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Sinjinhawke said:

But there was also Isaiah 43:18-19 

Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old.  Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?  MiSTer will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert of Intellivision flashcarts.

God doesn't want us to starve during the LTO and RTO drought.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RockLobster said:

Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old.  Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?  MiSTer will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert of Intellivision flashcarts.

But also:

Proverbs, 19:15

"Hate of work sends deep sleep on a man: and he who has no industry will go without food."

There is no drought of RTO, you can build easily yourself like dozens guys already did.... if you're lazy or have no industry, you have to wait and pray! ;)

Edited by aotta
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, RockLobster said:

image.png.0d171647f1b88d09d23132f79140ed8d.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update: I've got the CNC programs (hopefully) ready to go, to route the inside of the shells (need to remove some supports), and holes for the LCD/LED/switches, as well as for the MicroSD slot.

The plan is to route a few shells and finalize the label over the next few days, then send out a few to beta testers (just to make sure everything is good). After that I'll start to arrange pre-orders of a batch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 3/30/2023 at 11:22 AM, Sinjinhawke said:

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where emulators and MiSTers corrupt and where hackers break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where Intellivision games and real hardware neither corrupt nor fail, and where no hacker can break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

On 3/30/2023 at 12:10 PM, aotta said:

But also:

Proverbs, 19:15

"Hate of work sends deep sleep on a man: and he who has no industry will go without food."

Ok well... Hatman 3:16 says I just whipped your a$$ (at Body Slam)!

Hatman316a.jpg

• Haha 1

I was able to get some labels printed this afternoon. The pictures, compared to real life, show all the little imperfections (as well as the blatantly obvious issue with the corner of the label). I'll expect the next ones to be at least a little bit nicer looking than this one. One of the issues that I had to deal with, by first applying only part of the label, was the fact that I needed to cut the holes in the label, and then put the screws in (also in the front). Over the next few days, I'll put together the beta units.

RTO-1.png.57e2fb7025c6897757ffc983157d5a57.png   image.png.60a49a50dbb9c8ec76779504253b858b.png

MicroSD and MicroUSB ports on the sides:

image.png.9bed69e5b169bee888b32ce190a0a06f.png   RTO-3.png.32c06014f648f351fbe3029790e1fa8b.png

The 1.3" OLED display. It looks clearer in real life, without the glow around the letters:

image.png.55a570b3927e08a22314e6a9da3d869e.png   image.png.760e5f85a2894dcfe6d5d67279c1bacf.png

Edit: adding picture in Model I:

image.png.0a3053d5cd32b6664ef292f697f22874.png

• Like 9

It looks very good. 👍

I think I mentioned my interest in being a beta tester in the past, but just in case, here it is:  count on me for testing.

I have a few projects I can test with, including some games that use bank-switching and extended memory (if that is implemented in the RTO).

dZ.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, the1hatman said:

That's pretty cool. I have a boatload of spare Donkey Kong carts if you need a further supply at the ready. I know Rev already sent you a batch.

You know, you guys keep going like this and someday LV Poker & Blackjack and Coleco DK cartridges will become the rarest, most sought after cartridges for collectors.  😁

dZ.

• Haha 3