IGNORED

Switchblade II Release

madman

5 hours ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

I missed out on this originally but for UK jag users you can pre order Switchblade II again from here: https://funstock.co.uk/products/switchblade-ii-jaguar

I just pre ordered a copy this evening, it states it is a port of the Amiga version and will ship at the end of this month, so now pretty much. Looking forward to playing this on my Atari Jaguar.

It sure looks more like the ST version to me: 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

I think they just messed up the description, the screenshots look like the Atari ST version.

Looking again at the screenshots and comparing those with the video in madman's post (above) it looks to me as Amiga screenshots:)

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Isgoed said:

Looking again at the screenshots and comparing those with the video in madman's post (above) it looks to me as Amiga screenshots:)

My bad lol. I really do wonder though if it actually will be the Amiga version in the end as funstock are usually very accurate and i have used them in the past with no issue, either way though i should have the game next week so ill find out soon enough 🙂

52 minutes ago, Isgoed said:

Look again, the Jaguar version is clearly a direct port of the ST game.

Not only is the background missing the color gradients of the Amiga version, it also shows the same flip screen scrolling of the ST version, while the Amiga has smooth scrolling.

Edited by agradeneu
  • Like 5

On 1/31/2024 at 7:31 PM, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

My bad lol. I really do wonder though if it actually will be the Amiga version in the end as funstock are usually very accurate and i have used them in the past with no issue, either way though i should have the game next week so ill find out soon enough 🙂

Great, at least you "got it" :)

Don't hesitate to share your opinion of the game once you have played it!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Isgoed said:

Great, at least you "got it" :)

Don't hesitate to share your opinion of the game once you have played it!

I will do. I'm looking forward to it arriving. I think its going to be quite a difficult game to complete from what I've seen in reviews so i should get my moneys worth on this one. 

• 3 weeks later...