IGNORED

Mr. Run & Jump - (in VCS Store)

SabertoothRetro

30 minutes ago, tripled79 said:

Oh great! I just bought this game!

Be prepared for messed up hands for a while after playing it at first 😅. I struggled to hold a controller for a day or so after playing this game. You'll eventually get used to it and it becomes more fun and much easier! Great game i need to get back into it, i was planning on doing multiple plays of the game to get better at it.

I finally downloaded the game. Right away I am noticing significant lag or some kind of frame rate issue. Even when simply running from left to right my character moves at at a very (what's the opposite of smooth?) crunchy rate. This makes simple running and jumping difficult.

I wonder if this is just my VCS or has anyone else noticed this?

On 31/8/2023 at 21:02, tripled79 said:

Finalmente descargué el juego. De inmediato noté un retraso significativo o algún tipo de problema con la velocidad de fotogramas. Incluso cuando simplemente corro de izquierda a derecha, mi personaje se mueve a un ritmo muy (¿qué es lo opuesto a suave?) crujiente. Esto hace que correr y saltar sean difíciles.

Me pregunto si este es solo mi VCS o ¿alguien más lo ha notado?

Do you play wirelessly or wired via usb? That happened to me with End Reach when I was playing wirelessly

2 hours ago, chriSBA28 said:

Do you play wirelessly or wired via usb? That happened to me with End Reach when I was playing wirelessly

I figured out that if the VCS or even the game is in 4K resolution mode, it moves at a very choppy rate. It's pretty much unplayable. I had to bring it down to 1080p.

46 minutes ago, tripled79 said:

I figured out that if the VCS or even the game is in 4K resolution mode, it moves at a very choppy rate. It's pretty much unplayable. I had to bring it down to 1080p.

Very interesting. I thought the 4k issue got fixed over a year ago. I remember when i used to try and play my Atari VCS 800 with the screen resolution set to 4k my VCS would start to freak out and the fan would ramp up and it would be a slide show, even navigation of the dashboard was impossible but the issue resolved when the OS was updated a long time ago now. Have you tried changing your HDMI cable? Some HDMI cables are just no good when it comes to 4k so its always recommend to get a high quality cable that supports that resolution if you don't already have one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/2/2023 at 6:06 PM, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

Very interesting. I thought the 4k issue got fixed over a year ago. I remember when i used to try and play my Atari VCS 800 with the screen resolution set to 4k my VCS would start to freak out and the fan would ramp up and it would be a slide show, even navigation of the dashboard was impossible but the issue resolved when the OS was updated a long time ago now. Have you tried changing your HDMI cable? Some HDMI cables are just no good when it comes to 4k so its always recommend to get a high quality cable that supports that resolution if you don't already have one.

Depending on your setup, selecting 4K may force 4K / 30hz, and the 30hz causes the choppiness, not the 4K.   This is an issue on even the PS5 and I think newer Xbox-  you have to turn on certain settings in the TV and console to get it up to 60hz.

For my VCS,  I used to see only 4K/30,  but now I see 4K/60 is available.

• Like 1