IGNORED

Mr. Run & Jump - (in VCS Store)

SabertoothRetro

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Tomorrow cant come quick enough! Desperate to pick this up for my Atari VCS 800 and pretty much every other platform i own. I think the VCS will be my favorite place to play this game followed by the Steam Deck for portability. I already played the demo on the Steam Deck and it ran perfectly so it'll be a good pick up 🙂

• Like 2

I'm loving Mr Run and Jump so far even though I'm barely surviving the difficulty level at the easiest setting 😅 I'm pretty much living of the invincibility star when i play and skipping orbs left right and centre but I'm improving however and appreciate the difficulty level as everything is doable in the game, just need to get good first and i intend to do multiple plays of the game and get better and bump up the difficulty level. I'm really keen to get the 2600 cart for sure i think it'll be a blast playing this on the old 2600.

2 minutes ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

I'm loving Mr Run and Jump so far even though I'm barely surviving the difficulty level at the easiest setting 😅 I'm pretty much living of the invincibility star when i play and skipping orbs left right and centre but I'm improving however and appreciate the difficulty level as everything is doable in the game, just need to get good first and i intend to do multiple plays of the game and get better and bump up the difficulty level. I'm really keen to get the 2600 cart for sure i think it'll be a blast playing this on the old 2600.

I felt similarly when playing VVVVV early on. It would get where I'd just walk away for a day and come back. That usually worked. Which is you like this style of game check it out.

14 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

I felt similarly when playing VVVVV early on. It would get where I'd just walk away for a day and come back. That usually worked. Which is you like this style of game check it out.

I've not played VVVVV before, in terms of being brutal it looks right up there with Mr Run and Jump 😃. I might check this game out but my hands are still  destroyed with playing Mr Run and Jump over the last few days, so i have had to take a little break from it today, when i return to it in a few days I'm hoping to improve for sure. I honestly thought i was decent at platformers till Mr Run and Jump put me in my place 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

I've not played VVVVV before, in terms of being brutal it looks right up there with Mr Run and Jump 😃. I might check this game out but my hands are still  destroyed with playing Mr Run and Jump over the last few days, so i have had to take a little break from it today, when i return to it in a few days I'm hoping to improve for sure. I honestly thought i was decent at platformers till Mr Run and Jump put me in my place 🙂

Honestly MR&J looks more brutal. So you'd probably find VVVVV easy by comparison. I would just get too antsy and want to speed through and make dumb errors. Then I'd come back the next day and play and easily get through the spot.

If you run steam on your VCS you can get it for $5, but I know I paid less than that. Looks like it took me shy of 4 hours to complete. So I'm sure if you are doing okay in R&J you could do much better than I did.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/70300/VVVVVV/

55 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Honestly MR&J looks more brutal. So you'd probably find VVVVV easy by comparison. I would just get too antsy and want to speed through and make dumb errors. Then I'd come back the next day and play and easily get through the spot.

If you run steam on your VCS you can get it for $5, but I know I paid less than that. Looks like it took me shy of 4 hours to complete. So I'm sure if you are doing okay in R&J you could do much better than I did.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/70300/VVVVVV/

I actually ended up picking it up whilst waiting on Ends Reach releasing. I grabbed it on the Steam Deck for £3.99! A steal of a deal if you ask me, I'll give it a try in a few days its compatible with the Steam Deck even though its not on the list of supported games that i can see, nice one for posting about it, i never heard of VVVVV before this and its always great to pick up a half decent game you've never heard about before. If it turns out easier than Mr Run and Jump that will be a good thing for me right now lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

I actually ended up picking it up whilst waiting on Ends Reach releasing. I grabbed it on the Steam Deck for £3.99! A steal of a deal if you ask me, I'll give it a try in a few days its compatible with the Steam Deck even though its not on the list of supported games that i can see, nice one for posting about it, i never heard of VVVVV before this and its always great to pick up a half decent game you've never heard about before. If it turns out easier than Mr Run and Jump that will be a good thing for me right now lol 

Update us if it is easier or harder. I'd like to have an idea what I'm getting into if I pick up Run and Jump.

Its a brutal game and i thought i was fairly good at platformers but this game left me questioning everything and it also left me with messed up hands for a few days. My first playthrough of the game on the easiest difficulty left me feeling very frustrated and ashamed of myself and my gaming ability, i beat myself up really bad as my friend was beasting the game without many issues, i was only scraping by thanks to the invincibility star and i was skipping orbs etc 😅 I can confirm there's hope though, I'm cruising  through some of the game much better now on my second playthrough so stick with it, it makes you a better gamer for sure and there's no shame in using the invincibility star even though it does make it to safe and easy, this is a game you will need to play a lot to get good. I appreciate the difficulty level now its where the value for money is within the game for me at least as ill keep returning to the game until i get the mechanics down completely. I do wonder how brutal the 2600 version will be. 

6 hours ago, bluenomadgaming said:

-42 years old 

-Married with kid

-Play games on normal most of the time. 
-Not amazing at any game except perhaps No Mercy.  I am okay at that one.  :)

I'm 42 as well (not for long though) and I find the game very easy. I think you should get rid of your wife and kid then. 🙂

Spoiler

Joking of course, I don't think your personal situation is that relevant.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

I'm 42 as well (not for long though) and I find the game very easy. I think you should get rid of your wife and kid then. 🙂

Reveal hidden contents

Joking of course, I don't think your personal situation is that relevant.

I am glad you find the game easy.  You are an inspiration to us all.  

I am sorry you found parts of my post irrelevant.  I was setting the stage to show that some wives and daughters pull on a person’s personal time, make messes, and generally want to be loved.  

That cuts into gaming time a little bit especially when gaming is a fun diversion.  So, I hope there is relevance there for you.  

4 hours ago, bluenomadgaming said:

I am glad you find the game easy.  You are an inspiration to us all.  

I am sorry you found parts of my post irrelevant.  I was setting the stage to show that some wives and daughters pull on a person’s personal time, make messes, and generally want to be loved.  

That cuts into gaming time a little bit especially when gaming is a fun diversion.  So, I hope there is relevance there for you.  

Uh, I was really joking, I didn't play the game and would probably suck at it. And yes, having a family can prevent you from training, but still I'm not sure it has that big of an effect.

Haven't gotten to play it extensively, but so far, so good.  This one doesn't mess around and bring the heat right out of the gate.  The extra challenges are super stiff, and even just completing the first few levels will require some pixel-perfect jumps.

You may not like that; I definitely do.  Nothing original here; If you've played Celeste, or Super Meat Boy, or VVV, you've probably already seen what this dog does, but the Day Glo/neon visual style is preferable in some ways to heterodox pixel art.

Another feather in Atari's cap.

• 4 weeks later...