IGNORED

AtariAge Store Last Chance Sale!

Albert

I find it interesting that this thread has now reached 10 pages in the 7800 forum and the same thread is only 3 pages in the 2600 forum. I would have expected the opposite. I think it shows how highly people think of 7800 homebrews now, and by extension the 7800 homebrewers. Especially Bob D.

• Like 10

29 minutes ago, tkarner said:

I find it interesting that this thread has now reached 10 pages in the 7800 forum and the same thread is only 3 pages in the 2600 forum. I would have expected the opposite. I think it shows how highly people think of 7800 homebrews now, and by extension the 7800 homebrewers. Especially Bob D.

As I was explaining to my podcast co-host on Wednesday night, the 7800 is an amazing console that was ahead of its time when it was ready for launch, but got hamstrung by the North American market crash and charges to the ownership and leadership of Atari that stripped it of any fair chance to succeed. It's not hard to be affectionate about it or enthusiastic for it when great new games or products come out, because it feels like the system getting its just due after all this time.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, tkarner said:

A majority of my voluminous purchase was 2600 homebrews but I did pick up some 7800 homebrews and at least 3 or 4 of those were programmed by Bob D.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, tkarner said:

I purchased 8 for the 7800, 2 for the 5200, and 2 for the 2600.  Bob's work was 80% of the reason I finally purchased a 7800 in 2017.

• Like 8

On 6/22/2023 at 3:03 PM, Albert said:

We're having a huge sale on a large variety of 2600, 5200, and 7800 games in the AtariAge Store! This will be your last chance to buy the games on sale. If you've been holding off on buying some of these titles, now's the time to pick them up! These games will be removed from the AtariAge Store once this sale has completed.

Some of these games have a limited number of boxes, and once those are exhausted, no further boxed copies of those games will be available! All the games in this sale have been discounted by 10%. This sale will run now through Sunday, July 23rd. Due to the expected volume of orders, it will take about a month or possibly longer for most orders to ship.

Click this link to see a complete list of games on sale!

Here's a list of the games on sale by system:

Atari 2600:

Atari 5200:

Atari 7800:

Again, this sale runs through Sunday, July 23rd!

I'm really sorry I missed this! I need to check the forums more regularly. :(

• Like 1

You are partially correct. I believe that Al had some titles that had a small inventory on hand but after those are depleted he is building all the remaining games to meet the order demand.

He was very kind to allow “last chance” orders to be open for over 30 days to allow people to sort out their must haves and their budgets. He could have just cut off after a week and cut a lot of people out and had a lot less work to deal with by building smaller amount of games. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, mario64 said:

Am I understanding correctly that any orders placed as part of the last chance sale won’t ship for months? None of the games were actually in stock?

Remember, Al isn’t Amazon or Wal-Mart. There’s not a lot of “in stock” items ready to send out, especially given the incredible variety of titles offered by the Store. EPROMs and EEPROMS need to be written, carts assembled, labels applies, carts and boxes and manuals and inserts need to be assembled, and everyone’s orders packed up and shipped out. He doesn’t have a full-on assembly factory here - it’s basically just him and maybe a few trusted people helping out. 

On top of that, the Portland Retro Gaming Expo is coming up, which is one of the biggest retro-gaming events around, and the AtariAge Store usually has a big presence with examples of many of the latest games available to buy on-site at the show, so he needs to have some stock of those games built and ready to sell too.

So patience is a virtue for all of us as he works through the giant list of orders. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 7/6/2023 at 12:21 PM, dodge ramman said:

That is totally understandable, But you also have to look at it this way! When was the last time you bought an Atari 7800 game off the peg at say wal-mart! 

Not trying to bring up old wounds but I did buy Rikki & Vikki on Steam which is a 7800 game. So more recently than one might think. :P

Just ignore me... carry on.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

Remember, Al isn’t Amazon or Wal-Mart. There’s not a lot of “in stock” items ready to send out, especially given the incredible variety of titles offered by the Store. EPROMs and EEPROMS need to be written, carts assembled, labels applies, carts and boxes and manuals and inserts need to be assembled, and everyone’s orders packed up and shipped out. He doesn’t have a full-on assembly factory here - it’s basically just him and maybe a few trusted people helping out. 

On top of that, the Portland Retro Gaming Expo is coming up, which is one of the biggest retro-gaming events around, and the AtariAge Store usually has a big presence with examples of many of the latest games available to buy on-site at the show, so he needs to have some stock of those games built and ready to sell too.

So patience is a virtue for all of us as he works through the giant list of orders. 

Thank you

2 hours ago, Crazy Climber said:

Anyone get their order yet? I know mines going to take a while but was wondering if any of the smaller orders have started to arrive. I'm pretty excited for mine since its definitely the biggest order I've ever placed ☺ 

Patience is definitely the name of the game. I am hoping the orders manage to get filled in time for Christmas.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, john_q_atari said:

Patience is definitely the name of the game. I am hoping the orders manage to get filled in time for Christmas.

I purchased a large amount of games during last years PRGE, so I only picked up two games from the Last Chance Sale. I’m fine with them arriving by Christmas or later. I’m sure the games and preparation for this years PRGE will keep Al pretty busy. Don’t know how he finds the time for all of this and his day job.

Thanks @Albert🙂

• Like 6

2 hours ago, john_q_atari said:

I mean, I would say waiting 7 weeks before politely asking if anyone has received their smaller orders (while also stating I realize my larger order will take awhile) still qualifies as being patient but hey, what do I know 😃 

Im patient dammit, I waited 7 years for Paprium!! Was just curious, thats all 😄 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crazy Climber said:

I mean, I would say waiting 7 weeks before politely asking if anyone has received their smaller orders (while also stating I realize my larger order will take awhile) still qualifies as being patient but hey, what do I know 😃 

Im patient dammit, I waited 7 years for Paprium!! Was just curious, thats all 😄 

It wasn't a criticism or anything. I just figure it's going to be quite awhile before anything ships. 

• Like 1