IGNORED

AtariAge Store Last Chance Sale!

Albert

14 minutes ago, dodge ramman said:

Any word on the shipping dates yet?

I sent out an email on Friday to everyone with an outstanding Last Chance order.  If you don't see it, please check your spam folder.  Ifyou stll don't see it there, please send me a DM and we can try and resolve the issue.

..Al

5 minutes ago, Cafeman said:

Al, do you send out another email to us when our order is shipped?  

Yes, you will receive an email from the store when the order ships, just as you would for any other email. 

To anyone who doesn't see emails from the store, I suggest you whitelist AtariAge.com in your email client. And also check your spam folder to see if emails are being deposited there. 

..Al

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2023 at 12:10 AM, Albert said:

Yes, you will receive an email from the store when the order ships, just as you would for any other email. 

To anyone who doesn't see emails from the store, I suggest you whitelist AtariAge.com in your email client. And also check your spam folder to see if emails are being deposited there. 

..Al

Last thing I got from you eas this! Would you also like a copy of the game I purchased and the cost??

On Friday, July 14, 2023 at 06:47:58 PM EDT, Albert Yarusso <albert@atariage.com> wrote:

Greetings!

I'm writing to you as you have recently made a purchase in the AtariAge Store as part of our "Last Chance!" sale for games that will soon be removed from the AtariAge Store.  

I wanted to let you know that due to the sheer volume of orders we've received, it's going to take some time to get all of these orders built and shipped.  And by some time, it will likely take 2-3 months to work through all the orders.  After seeing the volume of orders being placed just a few days after the sale began, I ordered additional parts I'll need to get all the games built, such as more Atari 2600 and 7800 cartridge shells, more electronic parts for circuit boards, more shipping supplies, and I will be having additional boxes printed for some games to ensure that everyone who wants boxed copies of these games can get them.  

I will provide periodic updates as I'm building all the games, and orders will be shipped out in the order received.  I please ask that people have a bit of patience, as games are generally built by hand, which is a time consuming process.  If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask by responding to this email. 

Thank you for your order and take care, 

..Al

2 hours ago, dodge ramman said:

Last thing I got from you eas this! Would you also like a copy of the game I purchased and the cost??

On Friday, July 14, 2023 at 06:47:58 PM EDT, Albert Yarusso <albert@atariage.com> wrote:

Greetings!

I'm writing to you as you have recently made a purchase in the AtariAge Store as part of our "Last Chance!" sale for games that will soon be removed from the AtariAge Store.  

I wanted to let you know that due to the sheer volume of orders we've received, it's going to take some time to get all of these orders built and shipped.  And by some time, it will likely take 2-3 months to work through all the orders.  After seeing the volume of orders being placed just a few days after the sale began, I ordered additional parts I'll need to get all the games built, such as more Atari 2600 and 7800 cartridge shells, more electronic parts for circuit boards, more shipping supplies, and I will be having additional boxes printed for some games to ensure that everyone who wants boxed copies of these games can get them.  

I will provide periodic updates as I'm building all the games, and orders will be shipped out in the order received.  I please ask that people have a bit of patience, as games are generally built by hand, which is a time consuming process.  If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask by responding to this email. 

Thank you for your order and take care, 

..Al

Was also hoping to have my games before xmas but that's come and gone.  It's been so long I don't even remember what I ordered, so it really will be like an xmas gift when they show up :)

• Like 2

Yeah, I didn't get an email either. I haven't got any about this order for some reason. Could be my own fault though, maybe I unsubscribed accidentally or something (although I still get emails for DMs,etc...) 

I won't ask if anyone's got their games yet haha

Serious question though... If I pre order some of the new releases will they ship together with my last chance order? Typically I'd just wait but Penault seems like a game I want as soon as possible 😄 

My last email was on 12/8 - started with

I am here to provide another update on your outstanding Last Chance! order or orders.  I'll keep this one brief -- I am actively building and shipping these orders, and the goal is to ship between 100 and 150 orders (comprising ~500 games) every two weeks until they are all shipped.

and ended with

That's all for now, just wanted to give you an update, and hopefully this will be the last update I need to send out.  Again, if you have any questions or requests, please respond to this email and I will respond promptly. 

That was the last update that I received as well. 

I've still got a pile of homebrews from Christmas that I have yet to play. I was hoping to see them by Christmas, but I cannot imagine how many orders Al has to fill. I know mine is 19 carts and I imagine there were several other large orders as well.

Keep on keeping on, Al.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, bent_pin said:

I've still got a pile of homebrews from Christmas that I have yet to play. I was hoping to see them by Christmas, but I cannot imagine how many orders Al has to fill. I know mine is 19 carts and I imagine there were several other large orders as well.

Oh yeah, there are a lot of really big orders.  I'm busy soldering Last Chance games right now, but wanted to respond to this, so I paused briefly.  I will have another 200 Last Chance orders out next week comprising some 700 games, and I will keep doing waves of orders like that until they are all out! 

..Al

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, Albert said:

Oh yeah, there are a lot of really big orders.  I'm busy soldering Last Chance games right now, but wanted to respond to this, so I paused briefly.  I will have another 200 Last Chance orders out next week comprising some 700 games, and I will keep doing waves of orders like that until they are all out! 

..Al

A bit late to ask, but have you looked into using a solder pot for these?  Think of it as a manual wave solder technique.

You have my sympathies on having to hand build all of these!

12 minutes ago, Stephen said:

A bit late to ask, but have you looked into using a solder pot for these?  Think of it as a manual wave solder technique.

Yeah, that would be interesting, but not sure how well it would work for many of the boards I'm using, especially boards that have components on both sides.  A wave solder machine sure would be nice, but also would be problematic for some of the boards.  While soldering does take a while, programming chips and populating boards also takes a significant amount of time.  The end goal is to have flash-based boards for the 2600, 5200, 7800, and Jaguar, with boards already assembled into shells, so all I have to do is pop a cartridge into a programming fixture, program it, test, label, and box the game.  My intent is to have that all in place by the middle of this year, along with a new cartridge shell for 2600/7800 games that doesn't have any of the compromises I keep running into with third-party shells.

12 minutes ago, Stephen said:

You have my sympathies on having to hand build all of these!

Thank you, I'm under quite a bit of pressure to get these games built and shipped, and I am laser focused on that right now.  It will be an enormous relief for me once these are all out, and you can bet your ass I will be taking a much-needed break afterwards! 

..Al

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Albert said:

Yeah, that would be interesting, but not sure how well it would work for many of the boards I'm using, especially boards that have components on both sides.  A wave solder machine sure would be nice, but also would be problematic for some of the boards.  While soldering does take a while, programming chips and populating boards also takes a significant amount of time.  The end goal is to have flash-based boards for the 2600, 5200, 7800, and Jaguar, with boards already assembled into shells, so all I have to do is pop a cartridge into a programming fixture, program it, test, label, and box the game.  My intent is to have that all in place by the middle of this year, along with a new cartridge shell for 2600/7800 games that doesn't have any of the compromises I keep running into with third-party shells.

Thank you, I'm under quite a bit of pressure to get these games built and shipped, and I am laser focused on that right now.  It will be an enormous relief for me once these are all out, and you can bet your ass I will be taking a much-needed break afterwards! 

..Al

Sounds like a good Cruise would be in order!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dodge ramman said:

At least you got an email! 

Those emails have been going out to everyone with an outstanding Last Chance order.  If you're not seeing the emails, please check your spam folder.  Some of the larger email providers (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, for instance) sometimes mark emails from the store as spam.

..Al

• Like 2