IGNORED

AtariAge Store Last Chance Sale!

Albert

On 2/22/2024 at 2:45 PM, chicgamer said:

I think most of us know that you're putting a ton of work into getting these orders together and appreciate it!

Totally agree, and the quality of the products and the attention to detail on the shipment packaging is fantastic. They look so nice, I don't even want to open the bags!

• Like 1

On 2/23/2024 at 7:57 AM, Crazy Climber said:

Ah gotcha. Guess it just threw me off that you were responding to a 6 week old reply that you didn't quote, immediately after someone else (bent_pin) had an inquiry about the games, and when he (rightfully) took a little offense to your jab and responded you still didn't clarify you meant "the facebook people" and not him but I get it now, just a coincidence, bad timing, etc I guess. 

Cmon man, I was just arguing about how patient and polite everyone has been. You're making me look bad 😄 

Yeah, sorry about that. Sometimes I'm reading this in an airport so I rush the post without the quote. (and it doesn't seem to be quoting right?)
I will add now that the post is also now not entirely directed to Facebook whiners...
image.thumb.png.5225d55494f0bd5926fd4b74aac5d149.png

Prepayment ensures that Albert has the funds he needs to order parts in qty. I build control systems. I always charge at least 50% up front to cover hardware. This wouldn't be manageable in cases such as this. It is hard enough to manage it with a single order every few weeks... I'm happy to pay 100% in advance for these games.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2024 at 12:54 PM, sramirez2008 said:

I placed mine June 23rd and received them last Monday, January 22nd. I know it’s taken time, but unless some of the buyers are first time buyers, I’m surprised to hear that they feel like they’re never going to receive their items. I’ve never had an issue placing an order and receiving my items. Sure this particular order has taken time, but as it’s been said before, lots of product to build/ship and only one Al. 🙂

Now that he has Atari's backing, they should send him some assembly assistants and shipping clerks.

41 minutes ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

Now that he has Atari's backing, they should send him some assembly assistants and shipping clerks.

Yeah perhaps in the future but probably not for this batch. I'm sure Atari wants to distance their logistics and official channels as far as possible from shipping mass amounts of er, unofficial clone products. 

Also Al I'm sure has to do this off the clock in his free time separate from whatever Atari has him doing. This is his own side project. Atari wants nothing to do with it on official time.

Edited by JagChris
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, JagChris said:

Yeah perhaps in the future but probably not for this batch. I'm sure Atari wants to distance their logistics and official channels as far as possible from shipping mass amounts of er, unofficial clone products. 

Also Al I'm sure has to do this off the clock in his free time separate from whatever Atari has him doing. This is his own side project. Atari wants nothing to do with it on official time.

I know. I was more being facetious than serious. 

• 1 month later...

I'm still waiting on two orders that I placed during the sale...

I posted a comment here about them in February, and Albert reached out to me to let me know to expect them in about 2 weeks.  It's now getting close to two months since that point, and in another two months it'll be a year since the orders were placed.  

I'd rather know that Albert is spending his time producing and shipping the games, not responding to emails.  But he hasn't responded to my last couple of emails asking for an updated ETA.

From past experience, I have full faith that they'll be coming... eventually.  But I'm at the 10 month point now, so it's tough to wait so long.  I hope it's not much more time til they ship.  But I like to keep track of the things I order and pre-order, so when dates slip I try to get an updated date so I can watch for the shipping notification and make sure that my packages are promptly picked up, to avoid the porch pirates in my neighborhood.

3 hours ago, guppy said:

I posted a comment here about them in February, and Albert reached out to me to let me know to expect them in about 2 weeks.  It's now getting close to two months since that point, and in another two months it'll be a year since the orders were placed.  

I'd rather know that Albert is spending his time producing and shipping the games, not responding to emails.  But he hasn't responded to my last couple of emails asking for an updated ETA.

From past experience, I have full faith that they'll be coming... eventually.  But I'm at the 10 month point now, so it's tough to wait so long.  I hope it's not much more time til they ship.  But I like to keep track of the things I order and pre-order, so when dates slip I try to get an updated date so I can watch for the shipping notification and make sure that my packages are promptly picked up, to avoid the porch pirates in my neighborhood.

FWIW, I waited just about as long as you, but I did get mine eventually. I know it is not much consolation, but they will eventually get to you. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, guppy said:

Same here guppy.  Hope everything is OK. I agree will eventually will show up.  Just wish Al could drop us a quick update.  He mentioned mine might be in a few weeks time a couple months ago... Al, please let us know all is good.

I'm churning on them, and working on another large batch Last Chance orders now.  It is taking a long time, yes, and everyone will get everything they ordered.  It's tough, as there are other things I have to continue working on in parallel as well, but the Last Chance orders are one of my highest priorities by far.  I am going to send another update to everyone this week who still has outstanding orders.

While the Last Chance orders are a somewhat unique experience (one I hope to never repeat!), I am actively working on several things that will make processing and shipping of orders much faster by the beginning of next year.  My goal is to have 95% of orders placed in the store shipped within one week.  I leave the 5% for orders that have unique conditions where they cannot be fulfilled that quickly (for instance, if someone purchases an Edladdin controller, those are built by hand and generally take a month or so to get out). 

Anyone who has any questions about their order (or orders) can feel free to email or PM me, but keep in mind that I'm not always immediately responsive, and I tend to respond to order emails in batches to be more efficient with that.

..Al

• Like 17
  • Thanks 6

I haven't sent out a new update yet, as others have surmised, I have my head down and furiously building games.  Built another 250 Last Chance games over the weekend, and will get several hundred more done over the next few days. This work will result in shipping another large batch of orders next week, then it's time to rinse and repeat, and I can start on the next big batch of games.  I'm shipping 100-200 orders in each batch.  The orders vary quite a bit in size, some have just one game, and other orders can have 30 or more games. 

..Al

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

:o

That's what happens when you remove so many games from the store at once...  I'm just glad people had an opportunity to buy them, but, damn, the number of games sold was just nuts, far exceeding what I was expecting! 

I'll go into some details soon about the various things I'm actively working on to greatly reduce the amount of time it takes me to get orders out.  That's not really going to help with the Last Chance orderes, but as I mentioned above, the goal by this time next year (or earlier, really) is to ship 95% of orders within a week's time. 

..Al

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Albert said:

the number of games sold was just nuts, far exceeding what I was expecting! 

It sounds nuts, especially since 30+ games = lots of $$$.

7 minutes ago, Albert said:

I'm just glad people had an opportunity to buy them,

Thanks again for providing the community with this opportunity.🙂

• Like 4