IGNORED

New Games at the 2023 Portland Retro Gaming Expo!

Hello all,

After 2 years+ of development, Turbo Arcade is nearing completion and will be available at the Champ Games booth at this year's Portland Retro Gaming Expo.

A huge thanks to @Nathan Strum and all of his hard work researching printers and producing all of the artwork for the game (box, manual, label and poster), as well as all of the in-game graphics and sounds! (is there nothing he can't do?!?! ;) )

Here are some images of the box:

Turbo-Arcade-3D-box.thumb.png.985cf3d393abca34290ada9651068463.png

I also want to thank @Albert for helping with the transition process with recommendations, suggestions and reviewing the text for the box and manual (Nathan and I are C+ grammar students at best :dunce: ).

We also plan on adding Turbo Arcade (both boxed version and digital download) to our Champ Games store after we return from the convention, most likely in early December.

If you're in the Portland area in mid-October, come on down and visit as we will have the games set up to play as well.  Our booth will be in close proximity to the AtariAge booth.

Hope to see you there!

Thanks,

John

• Like 9

If I could give a 100 hearts on the above post to accurately convey just how much I love it, I would.  So good to see we are still getting a physical release for your next game and that the experts are giving you help in the transition to self publishing.  I hope that really works out for you and doesn't take up too much of your time as I, and I'm sure many others, would love to still get our Champ Games on physical cart along with beautifully designed packaging and manual.  I'm just SO relieved to see that still happening. This has made my day and possibly my week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, johnnywc said:

Hello all,

After 2 years+ of development, Turbo Arcade is nearing completion and will be available at the Champ Games booth at this year's Portland Retro Gaming Expo.

A huge thanks to @Nathan Strum and all of his hard work researching printers and producing all of the artwork for the game (box, manual, label and poster), as well as all of the in-game graphics and sounds! (is there nothing he can't do?!?! ;) )

I also want to thank @Albert for helping with the transition process with recommendations, suggestions and reviewing the text for the box and manual (Nathan and I are C+ grammar students at best :dunce: ).

We also plan on adding Turbo Arcade (both boxed version and digital download) to our Champ Games store after we return from the convention, most likely in early December.

If you're in the Portland area in mid-October, come on down and visit as we will have the games set up to play as well.  Our booth will be in close proximity to the AtariAge booth.

Hope to see you there!

Thanks,

John

One question, which I appreciate you may not be able to answer at this stage as it's early days.  Are the physical releases from Champ Games going to be produced in limited numbers and when they're all sold, no more will be produced?  Or will they continue to be available over multiple years just like AtariAge.  It's just that, if I had the chance, I'd wait until Elevator Agent was also available and order both in one go to save on shipping.  Especially the hateful search fee that Canada Customs add to the customs charge.  They get me every bastard time!!!

16 hours ago, johnnywc said:

Hello all,

Really, really nice box art. Look forward to having the CIB in my hands soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/18/2023 at 8:54 PM, insertclevernamehere said:

If I could give a 100 hearts on the above post to accurately convey just how much I love it, I would.  So good to see we are still getting a physical release for your next game and that the experts are giving you help in the transition to self publishing.  I hope that really works out for you and doesn't take up too much of your time as I, and I'm sure many others, would love to still get our Champ Games on physical cart along with beautifully designed packaging and manual.  I'm just SO relieved to see that still happening. This has made my day and possibly my week.

Thanks so much for the kind words!  We're very excited about the opportunity to release our games not only digitally but as physical carts as well.  It has certainly been an interesting summer figuring out how to self-publish (lots of moving parts!), and it certainly would not have been possible without @Nathan Strum who is doing most of the work, from researching and finding a great local printer, producing the artwork for Turbo Arcade (and Elevator Agent), as well as converting all of the older manuals, boxes, posters and labels as well.  

9 hours ago, insertclevernamehere said:

One question, which I appreciate you may not be able to answer at this stage as it's early days.  Are the physical releases from Champ Games going to be produced in limited numbers and when they're all sold, no more will be produced?  Or will they continue to be available over multiple years just like AtariAge.  It's just that, if I had the chance, I'd wait until Elevator Agent was also available and order both in one go to save on shipping.  Especially the hateful search fee that Canada Customs add to the customs charge.  They get me every bastard time!!!

If all goes well, Elevator Agent will be available at PRGE also and added to the Champ Games store in early December.  We have also spent the time (many hours, as it turns out) updating the boxes, manuals, labels and posters for most of our older games and will have a limited number of copies of those available as well (at PRGE and after).  We are producing a larger batch of Turbo Arcade and Elevator Agent games (250 each), and we plan on producing more if the demand is there.  The trick is having enough games to print at once so the cost isn't prohibitive.  

At some point I'll need to research shipping options as this is also all-new to Champ Games, which I plan on doing once I return from PRGE.  I will post more info as it becomes available!

8 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Really, really nice box art. Look forward to having the CIB in my hands soon.

Thanks Steve, looking forward to seeing you at PRGE!  Bring your work clothes! ;)  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Scorch is a new Atari 5200 game that will see its debut in physical form at PRGE next month!  Here's a preview of the box created by @Atariboy2600 (John Calcano):

5200_Scorch_Render_Boxes.jpg

Scorch brings the classic turn-based artillery game to the Atari 5200! You and up to five other players take turns firing a variety of weaponry at your opponents, adjusting your tank's turret angle and power before each shot. You must consider gravity, wind, terrain, and other variables if you want to be the last tank standing!

Choose up to six human and/or robo tanks for each game. Before each round, you can purchase offensive and defensive weapons using your available cash. Weapons range from basic missiles to expensive nukes, and defensive weapons include parachutes, shields, auto defense, and more!

Do you have what it takes to outlast your opponents and be crowned king of the mountain?

• Like 7

Quantum Tunnel is a new Atari 2600 game by @graywest to be released in physical form at PRGE!  Here's a preview of the box by @CoreyremarK

2600_QuantumTunnel_Render_Boxes.jpg

In the near future, the world-famous Atari Research Institute unveils an incredible quantum computer known as the "15600XL" that could bring peace to the world.

This machine however, attracts the attention of dangerous nano-engineers who "did the math" and now crave its 512-qubit power. These rogues release self-replicating nanobots into the machine that infest its circuits, latch onto electrons, and exploit them as an infinite power supply in an attempt to wrest control.

To combat this menace, ARI scientists create a particle capable of navigating the quantum world and task it with stopping the infestation. As this particle, you possess a curious ability to tunnel through solid barriers and absorb electrons, which deprives the nanobots of their power source and lets you manipulate time.  The fate of the quantum world and beyond now lies in our hands!

• Like 3

Hello all,

Champ Games is happy to announce that Elevator Agent is nearing completion and will be available at the Champ Games booth (along with Turbo Arcade and other games) at this year's Portland Retro Gaming Expo.

A huge thanks to @Nathan Strum (again!) for the artwork for the game (box, manual, label and poster), as well as all of the in-game graphics.  Nathan also spent numerous late nights (too many to count!) hammering out the final details of the publishing requirements; a physical release of this game (and Turbo Arcade) would not have been possible without his dedication and hard work! 🏆 :thumbsup: 

Big thanks to @Pat Brady for the amazing music and sounds! :music: 

Elevator-Agent-3D-box.thumb.png.3cb09db610d0ae600fc6d666d3ac3f46.png

I also want to thank @Albert for reviewing the text on the box and manual and for helping with the publishing transition process. :thumbsup:  

We also plan on adding Elevator Agent (both boxed version and digital download) to our Champ Games store after we return from the convention, most likely in early December.

If you're in the Portland area in mid-October, come on down and visit as we will have both Elevator Agent and Turbo arcade (and our other games) set up to play as well. 

Hope to see you there!

Thanks,

John

• Like 12

Oozy the Goo Gaiden is a new Atari 7800 game by @vhzc (Vladimir Zúñiga) and will make its physical debut at PRGE!  Here's the box design that Vladimir created for his game:

7800_OozyGooGaiden_Render_Boxes.jpg

Oozy The Goo is an adventurer slime with a mission: defeat the tyrant Foggy Nightmare and his evil servants that reign over the creatures inhabiting the catacombs of Dungeonburg. But it is not an easy task, the tower is filled with perils, traps, and creatures, and time is running against you!

Guide Oozy through the three floors of the tower, use the different forms that Oozy can adopts avoid traps, find keys, solve puzzles, fight against the boss on each floor, and challenge the Skull Foggy Nightmare in this slimy adventure!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, johnnywc said:

Hello all,

Champ Games is happy to announce that Elevator Agent is nearing completion and will be available at the Champ Games booth (along with Turbo Arcade and other games) at this year's Portland Retro Gaming Expo.

A huge thanks to @Nathan Strum (again!) for the artwork for the game (box, manual, label and poster), as well as all of the in-game graphics.  Nathan also spent numerous late nights (too many to count!) hammering out the final details of the publishing requirements; a physical release of this game (and Turbo Arcade) would not have been possible without his dedication and hard work! 🏆 :thumbsup: 

Big thanks to @Pat Brady for the amazing music and sounds! :music: 

Elevator-Agent-3D-box.thumb.png.3cb09db610d0ae600fc6d666d3ac3f46.png

I also want to thank @Albert for reviewing the text on the box and manual and for helping with the publishing transition process. :thumbsup:  

We also plan on adding Elevator Agent (both boxed version and digital download) to our Champ Games store after we return from the convention, most likely in early December.

If you're in the Portland area in mid-October, come on down and visit as we will have both Elevator Agent and Turbo arcade (and our other games) set up to play as well. 

Hope to see you there!

Thanks,

John

:-o Loving this artwork!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Penult will (finally!) make its debut at this year's Portland Retro Gaming Expo.  Here's a preview of the beautiful box created by @BitJag (William Thorup):

2600_Penult_Render_Boxes.jpg

The kingdom of Faradur has seen many tribulations from threats within and outside of our land. Incursions of nightmarish creatures of the Shadow Realm had been rare, but now we have been caught completely unprepared by an explosion of these fell creatures invading the kingdom.

Though our plight looks grim. hope has not been lost. Our beloved liege, Queen Avalina, has beseeched the Fey Realm to help us in our dark hour. They have responded by sending one of their own in the form of a dragon to locate a hero that can help save our land. You are the chosen hero!

It is vital that you and your new dragon companion explore the land to gain power and knowledge in order to confront whatever is behind our troubles. We can only hope that your strength and resolve will be enough!

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Albert said:

Penult will (finally!) make its debut at this year's Portland Retro Gaming Expo.  Here's a preview of the beautiful box created by @BitJag (William Thorup):

2600_Penult_Render_Boxes.jpg

The kingdom of Faradur has seen many tribulations from threats within and outside of our land. Incursions of nightmarish creatures of the Shadow Realm had been rare, but now we have been caught completely unprepared by an explosion of these fell creatures invading the kingdom.

Though our plight looks grim. hope has not been lost. Our beloved liege, Queen Avalina, has beseeched the Fey Realm to help us in our dark hour. They have responded by sending one of their own in the form of a dragon to locate a hero that can help save our land. You are the chosen hero!

It is vital that you and your new dragon companion explore the land to gain power and knowledge in order to confront whatever is behind our troubles. We can only hope that your strength and resolve will be enough!

The box art is off the charts this year! I've been waiting for this game. 🙂

Growing Ties Deluxe by @drludos is one of two new Atari Lynx games we'll be debuting at this year's Portland Retro Gaming Expo!  Here's a preview of the Growing Ties box created by @BitJag (William Thorup):

20230830_growing_ties_render_preview_01_front.jpg

20230830_growing_ties_render_preview_03_back.jpg

Everyone's dream is to have a tie that looks and fits perfectly. Time to make dreams come true! Take control of the Tie-O-Matic to select the color, properly measure, and quickly cut the perfect ties for your clients.

• Like 3

Odynexus for the Atari Lynx by Ancient World will be making its first appearance in physical form at PRGE!  Here's a preview of the beautiful packaging created by @BitJag (William Thorup):

20230832_odynexus_box_art_render_preview_01_front.jpg

20230832_odynexus_box_art_render_preview_03_back.jpg

Face the Olympian Gods and their ancient creatures as you take flight towards your throne and Penelone your Queen. Traverse seven treacherous worlds that will take you above the clouds, below the sea and through flames. The Gods predict your demise. You will prove them wrong.

• Like 2

Novagen Volume 1 will be making its debut at next week's Portland Retro Gaming Expo!  Here's a preview of the packaging design by @BitJag:

Jaguar_NovagenVolume1_Render_Boxes.jpg

Mysterious obelisks litter the planet, clouds hover menacingly across the desolate plain, when suddenly your monitoring systems tell you you're under attack.

Take control of your vehicle of destruction, navigate a 3D environment, and crush your enemies in these high-speed arcade action battle simulations. You will encounter aliens who will show no mercy as they use a wide range of strategies to make short work of your defense and offense. Travel across multiple worlds and their changing environments to Encounter the Backlash of a seemingly endless wave of attackers.

• Like 2

E.X.O. by MuddyVision is seeing its physical debut at PRGE this year!  Here's a preview of the box:

7800_EXO_Render_Boxes.jpg

Take on the role of Zoe Ryen, Command Pilot in the top secret Elite Xeno Operations.

Your E.X.O. team have been betrayed and scattered across the galaxy, imprisoned by the Saruut, Earth's one-time ally. Operating from a hidden base, you are now their only hope for rescue and to uncover the dark secrets of the Saruut that threatens the very existence of humanity.

You have command of a Wasp Tactical Extraction Covert Mark 5 spaceship. Flying from the secret Artemis E..O. base, you will need to use every ounce of flying skil and experience (as well as your blaster and rockets!) to infiltrate; shoot, battle and puzzle vour way to victory, to rescue vour team, and save Earth.

An intergalactic adventure spread over five worlds with over 110 screens full of enemies, traps, and puzzles, a full fifteen track musical score, five bosses to defeat, secrets to unlock and much more.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1