IGNORED

MR. RUN AND JUMP 2600

Travis McClellan

The waiting way past the 3 months has made me totally back off. I got my 2600 plus and the regular editions but no email back on status check so im done dont trust that there gonna pull through so im skipping everything from here on out. to bad the plan was every product and all versions

I was just searching reddit about this to see if it was just my order,  glad but not glad to see I'm not the only one.  I agree,  if I'd known limited edition was going to be like this I would have stuck with standard.  I wonder if all limited editions have the same issue

On 2/14/2024 at 1:07 PM, Living Room Arcade said:

On 2/29/2024 at 6:40 AM, Angryartist said:

I was just searching reddit about this to see if it was just my order,  glad but not glad to see I'm not the only one.  I agree,  if I'd known limited edition was going to be like this I would have stuck with standard.  I wonder if all limited editions have the same issue

I'm thinking there's an issue there not telling us about. yes its all limited editions. I backed off and done with atari even though i wanted the 7800 releases. when ordering it said 3-4 months not the better part of a year. I can understand the last chance sale wait with mass orders way bigger than expected plus we know Albert is legit and has a lot to do. atari is having another company produce there carts and its not like there getting 5-10,000 orders as there limited to 500 i think. Im betting its a issue with them working on the 2600 plus. Ether way its obvious something is wrong and they should just tell us and let us know what there game plan is. the way there handling this and releasing other systems its obvious atari wll fall again. Al has way more passion for atari and could make atari live but its a corperation and investors have a say instantly making them doomed. they need to look at whats working and what isnt and change things on the fly as they try things but no one man has the power or say so it cant ever outcome well. then the 7800 releases are just previously released home brews nothing new at all except tweaks for 7800. wonder why they bought matell where there not doing anything about the lost games and kinda seems like there not gonna even try make there money back on it. I think there closer to collapse than we think as there spreading themselves way to thin with atari computers and havent really gotten off the gr9ound with the stuff before the computers. I can produce carts my self how does atari need 8 months as were coming up on that. Im about to go through my bank and claim fraud to get my money back even though I'd rater have the product functional or not.

• 1 month later...

Just needed to bump this thread since I'm coming up to my 9 month anniversary for when I ordered Mr. Run and Jump 2600 - Limited Edition (August 1, 2023) and still without the item other than the "We appreciate your patience and cooperation interim." email I received. :sleep:

I guess I wasn't aware this was a kickstarter campaign to get it through production :lol:.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Teleprompter said:

Just needed to bump this thread since I'm coming up to my 9 month anniversary for when I ordered Mr. Run and Jump 2600 - Limited Edition (August 1, 2023) and still without the item other than the "We appreciate your patience and cooperation interim." email I received. :sleep:

I guess I wasn't aware this was a kickstarter campaign to get it through production :lol:.

If only there was somewhere within Atari itself that could be checked in order to figure out how to make and ship cartridges.  If only.

• Haha 1

I got so fed up waiting for the limited edition, I put in a refund request. I had an email from Atari, which went into my junk folder when all my other emails from them had gone to my inbox, stating it would ship in April.  Frustratingly I have since lost that email but I emailed Atari to state that IF it was shipping in April, I would like to cancel my refund request, which they did.  We now only have one day left in April and I've had no shipping notification.  Nothing.  I hope a shipping notice arrives tomorrow but I'm not expecting any.  This is really souring my feelings towards the new Atari, so fingers crossed I get something tomorrow or I will be sending a very strongly worded email to them.

• Sad 1

I just got the latest update yesterday... finally.  Basically it may hit a full year by the time I receive it (ordered 8/1/2023).  Here it is:

Greetings from Atari! 

Thank you for being patient. We have been given a recent update that shipments for orders containing the Mr. Run and Jump Limited Edition Atari XP cartridge will begin shipping within the following 60-75 days. 

As soon as your order is queued for shipment you will receive an email with tracking details. 

We appreciate your patience and support. 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Guys, while you wait for Mr. Run and Jump to arrive, may I suggest an alternative?  

@batari Mr. Fred Quimby's Gingerbread Man: One Tough Cookie!  

Mr. Quimby released the ROM here.  (Thank you, Mr. Quimby!)  

Atari Compendium has the manual here.  

"You, a Gingerbread Man, find yourself baking in a gas-fired oven, and you must find a way out!" 

image.jpeg.0483e1ed772903d902c329d69fb5699c.jpeg image.jpeg.6d7662b2000feea1783f01199bffe8f3.jpeg

"In Gingerbread Man you must fight your way through 20 levels consisting of five unique game-play screens, facing a variety of obstacles and challenges in order to survive!"

gingerUA.bin

Edited by Living Room Arcade

2 hours ago, Living Room Arcade said:

Guys, while you wait for Mr. Run and Jump to arrive, may I suggest an alternative?  

@batari Mr. Fred Quimby's Gingerbread Man: One Tough Cookie!  

Mr. Quimby released the ROM here.  (Thank you, Mr. Quimby!)  

Atari Compendium has the manual here.  

"You, a Gingerbread Man, find yourself baking in a gas-fired oven, and you must find a way out!" 

image.jpeg.0483e1ed772903d902c329d69fb5699c.jpeg image.jpeg.6d7662b2000feea1783f01199bffe8f3.jpeg

"In Gingerbread Man you must fight your way through 20 levels consisting of five unique game-play screens, facing a variety of obstacles and challenges in order to survive!"

gingerUA.bin 8 kB · 447 downloads

Really like this one - any chance of a PAL version?