IGNORED

MR. RUN AND JUMP 2600

Travis McClellan

I’m thinking it’s not going to release. It’s 20 minutes till noon eastern standard time and it’s still not available. On the 25th the windows/steam version released and if it didn’t do well so far Atari may dump the project. More people are disappointed than like it. In ways I don’t blame them. I do hope I’m wrong cause my plan is never open the game cause it will automatically be a r10 and just need some years to pass by and anyone that has it unopened will have good resale value 10-20 years from now

• Haha 1

Well weird they jump the date up one day on a pre order. Something fishy going on if you ask me. Being a pre order shipping several months from now it wouldn’t matter if there was a glitch issue cause it’s not shipping for a while. I didn’t like the game but now they’re playing with us date wise. I’m standing clear of this one and I bet the date changes tomorrow too. 

83751213-96A2-4DBB-9BA6-214ABCCCE10F.png

• Sad 1

• 6 months later...
14 hours ago, Teleprompter said:

Has anyone gotten their Mr. Run and Jump Limited Edition?  Last notice I received was in October saying it would be shipped in Dec/Jan.

No and beginning to wonder. I ordered every limited edition and that’s the only ones I’ve heard nothing of. I got everything that wasn’t limited edition even stuff I ordered way after the limited editions. I wonder if limited edition is limited to zero. We pay more to wait forever. Hopefully I’m not dead when they get here

4 hours ago, chriswhit said:

No and beginning to wonder. I ordered every limited edition and that’s the only ones I’ve heard nothing of. I got everything that wasn’t limited edition even stuff I ordered way after the limited editions. I wonder if limited edition is limited to zero. We pay more to wait forever. Hopefully I’m not dead when they get here

I guess misery loves company, lol.  Good to know I'm not alone.  I did get feedback from them yesterday and was told,
"However, please note that these orders are in pre-production, and we do not have an exact shipping date. Once orders are queued for shipment, you will receive an email with tracking information from our warehouse.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation interim."

I have a suggestion.  Atari could release a demo ROM for fans to enjoy while they are waiting for the physical carts to ship.  

According to the official online game manual, the full game contains "six colorful worlds."

Perhaps the demo ROM could contain one of the colorful worlds?  

If anyone finds this useful, here is the online manual as a PDF.

Mr. Run and Jump - manual.pdf

Edited by Living Room Arcade

15 hours ago, Teleprompter said:

I guess misery loves company, lol.  Good to know I'm not alone.  I did get feedback from them yesterday and was told,
"However, please note that these orders are in pre-production, and we do not have an exact shipping date. Once orders are queued for shipment, you will receive an email with tracking information from our warehouse.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation interim."

I emailed a month and a half ago and heard nothing back but maybe I just didn’t notice it

I feel bad for people that ordered the special edition. It’s weird that the regular edition shipped months ago but people are still waiting on the special.

I don’t want to overhype it…but it’s a pretty great game. (Maybe not quite as good as Game of the Bear, but I do love it.)

Looking forward to lots more new Atari games!

It is very frustrating because it seems like they are listening to fans and releasing some stuff that people really want. And then they drop the ball on things like this. They should take a look at how Ben from Plaion interacts with the community here and emulate it. Delays happen but not communicating with people who have bought a premium product from you is inexcusable.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, tillenterprises said:

Yup, I ordered mine in August, too and am still waiting, too.     It would be nice to get an update from Atari, rather than have to e-mail them to ask.

I emailed and got the response copied and pasted below -

Thank you for reaching us. We truly understand your concern, and I want to assure you that our team is actively working on fulfilling your order #****. However, I regret to inform you that we do not currently have an exact shipping date for your Mr. Run and Jump 2600 - Limited Edition. These products are still in the pre-production phase, but rest assured, we are committed to shipping them out as soon as they are ready.

Once your order is queued for shipment, you will receive an email with tracking information directly from our warehouse. We sincerely appreciate your patience and cooperation during this interim period. 

If you have any queries please don't hesitate to let us know.

19 minutes ago, insertclevernamehere said:

Thank you for reaching us. We truly understand your concern, and I want to assure you that our team is actively working on fulfilling your order #****. However, I regret to inform you that we do not currently have an exact shipping date for your Mr. Run and Jump 2600 - Limited Edition. These products are still in the pre-production phase, but rest assured, we are committed to shipping them out as soon as they are ready.

Once your order is queued for shipment, you will receive an email with tracking information directly from our warehouse. We sincerely appreciate your patience and cooperation during this interim period. 

I find this delay bizarre,  I mean isn't the only difference between the one they have in stock and ready to ship, is just the limited edition has the silver label, silver box and manual?   Is there something different about they actual game itself that would be holding this up?   

Edited by BillDMatt

1 minute ago, BillDMatt said:

I find this delay bizarre,  I mean isn't the only difference between the one they have in stock and ready to ship, is just the limited edition has the silver label, silver box and manual?   Is there something different about they actually game itself that would be holding this up?   

As far as I know, it's just different packaging and a manual so yeah, they really seem to be dragging their heels on this release.

2 minutes ago, insertclevernamehere said:

As far as I know, it's just different packaging and a manual so yeah, they really seem to be dragging their heels on this release.

certainly is strange, I received my regular copy within 7 days of placing the order.  It's  orange label and orange box  no manual version.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, insertclevernamehere said:

That's the canned response I got from them, too.

43 minutes ago, LS650 said:

I note that the Video Game Critic has posted a review of Mr. Run & Jump, ranking it a 'B'.

https://videogamecritic.com/2600mm.htm?e=43626#rev5877

My words! I like that review... and again: manuals need to be in the future, if Atari wants to go on that road! 

Because 2600 games are all about emotion and everything around that is substantial as selling point.

• Thanks 1