IGNORED

Two new Intellivision consoles coming from BBG Entertainment

Rev

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

There's already cores to play Intv games on FPGA. It's literally do you have a thing for stuffing in carts or you want to play games. So it already exists minus plugging in carts.

If people are worried about homebrews, the brewers could sell roms in addition to carts. I bought the rom Micro Mages for NES. I just wanted to play it and didn't need to plug in a cart for that. So a solution is there already basically.

Some homebrew cartridges have hardware features that would have to be emulated in fpga.  It could probably be emulated on the software side of Mister, it is something that would have to be done.  And if there are homebrew cartridges in the future with different hardware, they'd have to be emulated as well.  You don't have to worry about that with cartridge support.

And it's up to homebrew publishers/developers to make their cartridges available as rom files, it's unlikely they all will, while some have been sold as rom files with drm specific to a cartridge. Then there's the cartridges from the 80s, some haven't been sold as rom files for decades while others never will.  With these you'd be asking people to make copies without permission, which they'll have to do with the Exec anyway.

40 minutes ago, Special Teams said:

Can you post a link to the MiSTer that I can currently purchase?  What I can see looks like it requires a bunch of different components but I could be looking in the wrong place.  A plug-in adapter would be fine (I have an Intellivision and am fine plugging in the Intellivoice or the ECS).  Last thing I want to do is worry about builds/cores and custom firmware etc.  That's why Flashback and Retron really aren't the solution for me (emulation with community builds).

Mister fpga is very much a do it yourself project, not unlike Retropie.  Someone could package it for resale, here's an example below. Something similar could be done that's Intellivision specific

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vDIz8WY6zLE

1 hour ago, SegaSnatcher said:

BBG isn't IE, but the projects are still going to be tied to that company in some way.  That matters and is relevant to point out.  

BBG doesn't have any track record of shipping hardware before, they are known for releasing a handful of low budget games you'd find buried on the Nintendo shop. 

If it were Evercade who were involved then I'd have a hell of a lot more faith in these projects. 

Then it's good they didn't licence BBG for a hardware system.

Edited by mr_me

11 hours ago, the1hatman said:

That's going to require all the ATSD (Amico Traumatic Stress Disorder) sufferers here to accept that BBG is not IE and their possible console(s) is/are not the Amico to move the f&$k on already rather than see the Ghost of Tommy Tallarico everywhere they look.

I'm not holding my breath though.

One of the most interesting things about this whole mess is how soooo many former TT cultists show up every few months to insult everyone else for, essentially, being correct and showing good judgement. Just admit you were played for a fool and move on. Everyone gets scammed at some point. There’s no shame in that… the shame is in doubling down and getting hyper defensive/aggressive.  Until IE returns the money they STOLE (with support from many people on AA) I think it’s fair game to make sure that theft remains part of the conversation.

Edited by jerseystyle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would rather use the cartridge playing the original decks myself, but I could see wanting to use emulators while playing somebody that doesn't have a deck but they have it on their computer but me I'd rather go the old fashioned way.

After all this game is what brought me back into the retro gaming world, I was pretty much done with all the home entertainment systems until I found this game by accident LOL

Now I'm hooked on retro anything.

And I did this to the computer on NES vs. Baseball two days ago.  Still the best baseball game I've ever played on home entertainment systems, so basic but so fun to play and so easy to use.

gorf-3d.png

20230809_043141.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jerseystyle said:

One of the most interesting things about this whole mess is how soooo many former TT cultists show up every few months to insult everyone else for, essentially, being correct and showing good judgement. 

Fascinating, isn't it?

Me, personally? I'd rather just stick to an old CRT for old school gaming. ESPECIALLY pre-NES stuff. Not to mention my C64 which I'd only use a monitor for.

I mean are there really no Intellivison RF to RGB dongles? Someone mentioned having to connect INTV to a VCR and upscale to HDMI from there as part of an intricate upscale process, that just seems insane.

Are you guys saying that modern TVs don't accept RGB cables? or you just HAVE to play these old games in 4k only via hard-wired HDMI cable on your big TV?

Question is- do you need a whole new console (and the price tag)? Or do you just need to keep your cords tidy, stop complaining about upscaling, and enjoy your Intellivision for what it is?

image.thumb.png.9999c3510e52e563f7c34f0cd3acc19a.png

5 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

BBG isn't IE, but the projects are still going to be tied to that company in some way.  That matters and is relevant to point out.  
BBG doesn't have any track record of shipping hardware before, they are known for releasing a handful of low budget games you'd find buried on the Nintendo shop. 
If it were Evercade who were involved then I'd have a hell of a lot more faith in these projects. 

Being tangentially connected does have some relevance but not so much that people need to go full witch hunt mode and start comparing everything to the entire Amico fiasco to the point of pretending it's happening all over again. Discussing BBG's track record is perfectly valid but that barely happened here before the torches and pitchforks came out. I have basically no faith in anything like this coming out until I see a product being displayed for sale, but I'm still not going to blow a gasket every time the slightest connection or reference to IE or the Amico comes up either.

IE is still (barely) a thing and, as long as it holds certain IP rights, it's just something we are going to have to deal with anytime something new tries to reach the market. It's unfortunate but it's also no reason to attack people for trying to do something IE failed miserably at.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sweet and Tender Hooligan said:

Fascinating, isn't it?

Me, personally? I'd rather just stick to an old CRT for old school gaming. ESPECIALLY pre-NES stuff. Not to mention my C64 which I'd only use a monitor for.

I mean are there really no Intellivison RF to RGB dongles? Someone mentioned having to connect INTV to a VCR and upscale to HDMI from there as part of an intricate upscale process, that just seems insane.

Are you guys saying that modern TVs don't accept RGB cables? or you just HAVE to play these old games in 4k only via hard-wired HDMI cable on your big TV?

Question is- do you need a whole new console (and the price tag)? Or do you just need to keep your cords tidy, stop complaining about upscaling, and enjoy your Intellivision for what it is?

image.thumb.png.9999c3510e52e563f7c34f0cd3acc19a.png

You can play INTV on a new TV if it has a jack in the back for analog, just turn it on channel 3 or 4 like the old days.

But you have a lot of empty screen. 

I bought a 36 inch TV just to make it a little more realistic and even that TV has some space on it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

One of the most interesting things about this whole mess is how soooo many former TT cultists show up every few months to insult everyone else for, essentially, being correct and showing good judgement. Just admit you were played for a fool and move on. Everyone gets scammed at some point. There’s no shame in that… the shame is in doubling down and getting hyper defensive/aggressive.  Until IE returns the money they STOLE (with support from many people on AA) I think it’s fair game to make sure that theft remains part of the conversation.

Who here in this thread do you are think are TT cultists? Who here do you think is doubling down or being defensive/aggressive in defending Tommy or IE in any way? The only person being defended here was William because he was laughably being labeled as the next Tallarico as if he here were trying to resurrect the Amico itself.

If you want to have conversations about IE and all their ills, be my guest. It's not like everyone here hasn't been engaged with that discussion for years now. But when IE becomes the reason people decide to take cheap shots at real creators or publishers who've actually delivered in making games/products for our favorite system, then it's gone beyond valid discussion.

12 minutes ago, the1hatman said:

Who here in this thread do you are think are TT cultists? Who here do you think is doubling down or being defensive/aggressive in defending Tommy or IE in any way? 

If you want to have conversations about IE and all their ills, be my guest.

I can't speak for jerseystyle, but it's always telling when someone shoo's away discussion about Amico, or downplays the significance. The Amico is still going on, isn't it? In fact, the Amico Forever panel discussed these BBG consoles that were announced by William on their Amico show this Wednesday.

Is there a place to talk Intellivision Entertainment? Do they have their own thread?

45 minutes ago, Sweet and Tender Hooligan said:

I can't speak for jerseystyle, but it's always telling when someone shoo's away discussion about Amico, or downplays the significance.

It's not that people are shooing away or downplaying Amico talk. There are plenty of threads here on those exact topics. The issue here is folks projecting it on to people that essentially have no connection to it just because they can't get over their anger. IE screwed over everyone, even those that didn't even give them any money by tarnishing anything Intellivision related going forward. But that's no reason to snipe at the reputation of someone who had nothing to do with it.

The Amico is still going on, isn't it? In fact, the Amico Forever panel discussed these BBG consoles that were announced by William on their Amico show this Wednesday.

And? People are talking about the thing William did an interview on. How does that make him Tommy?

Is there a place to talk Intellivision Entertainment? Do they have their own thread?

You expect us to believe you don't know how to start a topic or how the search function works? Protest too much indeed.

42 minutes ago, Sweet and Tender Hooligan said:

the1hatman said: IE is still (barely) a thing and, as long as it holds certain IP rights, it's just something we are going to have to deal with anytime something new tries to reach the market. It's unfortunate 

Well said! That about sums it up.

...but it's also no reason to attack people for trying to do something IE failed miserably at.

Any reason why you left the actual point of that post out?

8 hours ago, mr_me said:

If you're talking about a lack of available gpio, an intellivision fpga wouldn't require the add-on boards other systems do, and its cartridge port uses fewer pins than other systems.  There should be enough gpio for an intellivision cartridge port and controller ports.

I'm not saying you can't create an FPGA Intellivision clone with a cart port. I'm just saying the MISTer can't be connected to any cart adapter, period.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

The Amico and TT should definitely be part of many conversations.  However, long discussions of those serves little purpose in _this_ conversation of the IntyFPGA other than to drown out the IntyFPGA, both for and against the IntyFPGA.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

There's already cores to play Intv games on FPGA. It's literally do you have a thing for stuffing in carts or you want to play games. So it already exists minus plugging in carts.

If people are worried about homebrews, the brewers could sell roms in addition to carts. I bought the rom Micro Mages for NES. I just wanted to play it and didn't need to plug in a cart for that. So a solution is there already basically.

Speaking of that, this reminds me of an intv homebrew situation that left me with a sour taste in my mouth.

I wanted to play TNT cowboy, an intv homebrew, but this is impossible.  It was released in 2019? I think it was, but today you cannot play it.  It was sold on cart for a very short time, and there is a ROM you can buy but without an LTO flash cart it's impossible to play, since it's... encrypted.   If you want to buy and play it, you're SOL.  I've looked on ebay now and again for the cart but haven't seen anything.  The LTO flash carts haven't been sold in many years, and I did see one on ebay once but I am not paying $300 just to play 1 game.  Why can't we just buy a ROM that isn't encrypted?  I can't imagine the piracy scene for INTV homebrews even exists.

As for FPGA intellivision cores that can play cartridges, mine does indeed play carts, and it can play recent homebrews like boulderdash.  I made a cart adapter for my core and got it working a awhile back for lulz.  You could just about make an analogue pocket intv cart adapter for intv games since they are quite small.  I actually did do that but haven't assembled it since I can't find a compatible cart connector.  The ones I bought awhile back on digikey went EOL and I haven't found a replacement source yet.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, the1hatman said:

But when IE becomes the reason people decide to take cheap shots at real creators or publishers who've actually delivered in making games/products for our favorite system, then it's gone beyond valid discussion.

This is where I’m getting confused. I haven’t seen these cheap shots- certainly not on these forums anyway. I’ve said multiple times I’d buy the Flashback William was proposing. I think he was lied to and ill used by IE. I don’t think he did anything wrong in being excited about his projects. I think the mistake on his end (in my opinion) is when he went off on us and NSG instead of the actual liars and con artists here: IE. Like, Mike and William both apologized to them- why? I don’t think they have anything to apologize for. The quicker the retro community stops giving IE a free pass at scumbaggery, maybe the quicker we can get actual cool stuff made (like what William brought up).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, the1hatman said:

Who here in this thread do you are think are TT cultists? Who here do you think is doubling down or being defensive/aggressive in defending Tommy or IE in any way? The only person being defended here was William because he was laughably being labeled as the next Tallarico as if he here were trying to resurrect the Amico itself.

If you want to have conversations about IE and all their ills, be my guest. It's not like everyone here hasn't been engaged with that discussion for years now. But when IE becomes the reason people decide to take cheap shots at real creators or publishers who've actually delivered in making games/products for our favorite system, then it's gone beyond valid discussion.

I compared him in regards to lying, not scamming. His brag about awards was also Tallarico-like and just needed him to mention holding a Guiness World Record and it would be like perfect. ;)

I mean is the next thing he's going to do, is start sending private messages to people in private about the consoles announced-not-announced? Rallying troops to keep the faith that an FPGA is still in the works and totally a thing they are working on? That if anyone makes comments about it they are haters, mentally unstable, or like murderers? 🤪

I've not really heard anyone call the BBG a scam, or not want it to happen. I've actually heard more people excited and laughing at IE wanting to see it happen. I still hope they release some type of "Intellivision" something.

It was also expected for people to make fun of how there were two consoles announced regarding an Intellivision platform of sorts, and within 3 days it crash and burn. I mean it's like another notch in the Intellivision's growing legacy of make announcements promise things and POOF! They are gone or non-existent.

It has been interesting to watch the Intellivision legacy nosedive over the past 5 years. 

...and IF there are "backroom talks" about the announced-not-announced consoles, I would maybe encourage Willy to go by the NDA and not discuss it until they have something concrete that BBG, or whoever, is ready to announce. The whole now claiming to be under NDA is silly, considering going on MGG and announcing what they were doing to the world. Waiting until things are ready might save him, BBG, or whoever some heartache and being laughed at.

1 hour ago, jerseystyle said:

This is where I’m getting confused. I haven’t seen these cheap shots- certainly not on these forums anyway. I’ve said multiple times I’d buy the Flashback William was proposing. I think he was lied to and ill used by IE. I don’t think he did anything wrong in being excited about his projects. I think the mistake on his end (in my opinion) is when he went off on us and NSG instead of the actual liars and con artists here: IE. Like, Mike and William both apologized to them- why? I don’t think they have anything to apologize for. The quicker the retro community stops giving IE a free pass at scumbaggery, maybe the quicker we can get actual cool stuff made (like what William brought up).

This. Don't say stuff and act like you didn't say stuff. Tallarico would do that and I stand by my comparison in that regard.

I really do partially believe that BBG is trying to be nice to IE, who they've done business with. I hope they get tired of their (IE's) whining, release those Amico games, and tell them to stick it and fully announce their announced-not-announced console(s). I'd like to see Couch in the Woods release their Amico game too. I think it's done but under a different name on Steam. A lot of those devs put in work and should try and recoup something. IE obviously doesn't care about them.

3 hours ago, kevtris said:

As for FPGA intellivision cores that can play cartridges, mine does indeed play carts, and it can play recent homebrews like boulderdash.  I made a cart adapter for my core and got it working a awhile back for lulz.  You could just about make an analogue pocket intv cart adapter for intv games since they are quite small.  I actually did do that but haven't assembled it since I can't find a compatible cart connector.  The ones I bought awhile back on digikey went EOL and I haven't found a replacement source yet.

So a solution is already out there. Someone just needs to take it the next step.

I really should get a Pocket. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

This is where I’m getting confused. I haven’t seen these cheap shots- certainly not on these forums anyway. 

William, Rev, Casey and myself have all pointed them out in this very thread. But if you need a direct example...

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I compared him in regards to lying, not scamming. His brag about awards was also Tallarico-like and just needed him to mention holding a Guiness World Record and it would be like perfect. ;)

I mean is the next thing he's going to do, is start sending private messages to people in private about the consoles announced-not-announced? Rallying troops to keep the faith that an FPGA is still in the works and totally a thing they are working on? That if anyone makes comments about it they are haters, mentally unstable, or like murderers? 🤪

... this^ is what I have been talking about. Over and over again, the need to pretend William's interview is anything like the Amico fiasco. It falls somewhere between stubborn denial over getting called out for a ridiculous amount of hyperbole and tinfoil hat conspiracy nuttyness. 

8 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

This is where I’m getting confused. I haven’t seen these cheap shots- certainly not on these forums anyway.

Since the not-seeing-the-cheap-shots against Willy has come up a few times, I'll add a little info here.  None of what I say here addresses anything Willy has done or not done; it only discusses the cheap shots.

1. Multiple Youtube channels have taken to calling him "Uncle Fester".  This is a cheap shot to mock his physical appearance.  It is also hypocritical.  Many of the same folks saying this are the same folks who were upset (and rightfully so) when Tommy and followers were mocking Pat the NES Punk's curly hair (i.e. mocked Pat's physical appearance).
  2. Multiple videos (not comments, videos) have been created with thumbnails of Willy's face with word balloons of him fake "saying" the below.  I censored some of the below to comply with Atariage standards and rules.
    1. "My hot sister thinks I'm a piece of s***"
    2. "Please let me move from the drama!  I'm a weak c***"

There are more examples of the above, mostly on Youtube since AtariAge shuts this behavior down.

[note for AA mods: if this post violates any AA rules, I apologize in advance and feel free to nuke this post from orbit]

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Lathe26 said:

Since the not-seeing-the-cheap-shots against Willy has come up a few times, I'll add a little info here.  None of what I say here addresses anything Willy has done or not done; it only discusses the cheap shots.

1. Multiple Youtube channels have taken to calling him "Uncle Fester".  This is a cheap shot to mock his physical appearance.  It is also hypocritical.  Many of the same folks saying this are the same folks who were upset (and rightfully so) when Tommy and followers were mocking Pat the NES Punk's curly hair (i.e. mocked Pat's physical appearance).
  2. Multiple videos (not comments, videos) have been created with thumbnails of Willy's face with word balloons of him fake "saying" the below.  I censored some of the below to comply with Atariage standards and rule.
    1. "My hot sister thinks I'm a piece of s***"
    2. "Please let me move from the drama!  I'm a weak c***"

There are more examples of the above, mostly on Youtube since AtariAge shuts this behavior down.

[note for AA mods: if this post violates any AA rules, I apologize in advance and feel free to nuke this post from orbit]

Ah- I hadn’t seen those and I agree going off on looks is ridiculous. Im sorry William was attacked for that. Again, it’d be nice if BBG and IE wouldn’t have hung him out to dry. I think most of the community was excited about his ideas, though- we were just waiting for IE to screw it up, which they did.

As an aside, I find it strange that so many former shills, when covering this story, said they didn’t know who William was or what he has done in the community. How can you be all in on Amico and the history of Intellivision, be active in the retro community, talk endlessly about how important Intellivision was to the industry, and have never heard of Electronite? I mean I’ve never owned an Intellivision but even I’ve got some of his games. It’s almost like they weren’t really fans at all…

• Like 5

17 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

I'm not saying you can't create an FPGA Intellivision clone with a cart port. I'm just saying the MISTer can't be connected to any cart adapter, period.

I was talking about Mister.  A typical Mister setup has a ram board, output and input boards, rtclock addon, using up most of the gpio pins.  Since there's no room for a cartridge connection I wouldn't expect the official cores to support that.  But the Mister Intellivision core doesn't require any of those addons, so why couldn't someone modify the Mister Intellivision fpga or create a new one and connect the intellivision cpu bus and other signals to Mister gpio pins.

16 hours ago, kevtris said:

The connector is the same as a c64 cartridge slot, I believe.  They shouldn't be hard to find.

5 hours ago, mr_me said:

But the Mister Intellivision core doesn't require any of those addons, so why couldn't someone modify the Mister Intellivision fpga or create a new one and connect the intellivision cpu bus and other signals to Mister gpio pins.

I'm no specialist but I'm pretty sure you would have to rewrite MISTer's firmware, so basically fork it. Good luck doing that without becoming MISTer's public enemy number one!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, the1hatman said:

William, Rev, Casey and myself have all pointed them out in this very thread. But if you need a direct example...

... this^ is what I have been talking about. Over and over again, the need to pretend William's interview is anything like the Amico fiasco. It falls somewhere between stubborn denial over getting called out for a ridiculous amount of hyperbole and tinfoil hat conspiracy nuttyness. 

You make it too easy you goober. 😆

What in any of what was said conspiracy? If you are talking about the "behind the scenes" stuff. It's a joke, but since you can't seem to grasp that let us continue. Are you telling me you know 100% for a fact that Willy isn't going around and privately sharing information with people like yourself? 😁 I'm not saying he actually is, but it wouldn't surprise me. In fact he mentioned in MGG iirc that he told someone else about the projects before he announced-not-announced them. I kind of know how these things work and I know some things about BBG myself.

I pointed out simple fact he lied in his denial. You took offense. If you paid any attention to Tommy you would have noticed he lied about stupid things instead of just admitting a simple mistake. Which is the type of thing Willy did by saying he denies announcing consoles being worked on by BBG. You took offense and so I continued to then point out other ways to compare him to Tommy. 

So in the tradition of this back and forth, this is also like the Amico debacle in which fanboys deny reality and just attack. Your boy lied, if you don't like someone pointing it out, tell your boy to not lie. 😂 Are you going to try and dox me next over a dumb lie being pointed out? That's what the Amico nuts would do and did. 🤷‍♀️

So here I am wanting to see BBG re-announce their console becuase I think they should tell IE to kick rocks. I'm also waiting for more information from BBG on all the great games they've sniped from Amico. All the while also laughing at you getting mad and fanboying over something stupid.

I think in the near future we will hear some neat things regarding BBG. Maybe not an FPGA console, (that they TOTALLY aren't working on *wink *wink) but something. 

FB_IMG_1691767589251.thumb.jpg.c1ae09c44e5a45610d69d5d682bfcb9d.jpg

6 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

I'm no specialist but I'm pretty sure you would have to rewrite MISTer's firmware, so basically fork it. Good luck doing that without becoming MISTer's public enemy number one!

If you fork it, the main project is unaffected.  Mister has been forked and itself is a fork of another open source project.  The software on the Arm side has a gpl open source license.  I didn't think it has to change but if someone wants or needs to fork it, what's the issue.

4 hours ago, mr_me said:

If you fork it, the main project is unaffected.  Mister has been forked and itself is a fork of another open source project.  The software on the Arm side has a gpl open source license.  I didn't think it has to change but if someone wants or needs to fork it, what's the issue.

Then you clearly don't know Sorgelig and Rysha. MISTer is not completely open source, its firmware is not. And yes it's a fork of MIST but Sorgelig doesn't want it to be forked, don't ask me why. Just ask Marcus Jordan Andrade aka Boogermann what happens when you try to fork MISTer. 🙄

It's OK not to know everything about everything, you know? 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2