IGNORED

The Atari 2600+ is live for preorders!

jgkspsx

5 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Encouraging then! 

Thank you for this update. I can't believe they are working on this on Saturday 23rd December. 😬

Any news on the release?

I can't personally comment on when this will be released (because I don't know!) but I believe that @Ben from Plaion will be giving us all an update on this soon

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Dr Karnov said:

I can't personally comment on when this will be released (because I don't know!) but I believe that @Ben from Plaion will be giving us all an update on this soon

Cheers, I understand. 

On a side note, it's my birthday tomorrow, maybe I'll be updating my console as a gift to myself. 🤷🏻🤣

• Like 4

Good news from Dr Karnov, every one of his 7800 PAL and NTSC games work.

I tried about 20 carts (mix 2600 7800 PAL NTSC) all fine.

Stuff like difficulty switch reversal, 7800 fire button reversal, PAL / NTSC auto cart detection works fine.

There is one further change missed in todays build regarding 7800 homebrew cart reading that needs to be added. 

Once I receive the build and test again I think we are good to go.

Edited by Ben from Plaion
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 6

Just now, Ben from Plaion said:

Good news from Dr Karnov, every one of his 7800 PAL and NTSC games work.

I tried about 20 carts (mix 2600 700 PAL NTSC) all fine.

Stuff like difficulty switch reversal, 7800 fire button reversal, PAL / NTSC auto cart detection works fine.

There is one further change missed in todays build regarding 7800 homebrew cart reading that needs to be added. 

Once I receive the build and test again I think we are good to go.

Wow, you guys have put some work in, thanks again for going over and above what you needed to do, we all could have waited, so it is very much appreciated.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Still a fair bit to do after this update. Driving controller we look at in the new year, I asked about it before and got a 'not possible' response.

It's ok, I was joking.

I hope it will be possible to make them work as Indy 500 is what is currently keeping my Woody hooked up, but that picture quality is rough! It's hard to use, especially after the super crisp display of the 2600 Plus.

Edited by JetmanUK

1 minute ago, JetmanUK said:

It's ok, I was joking.

I hope it will be possible to make them work as Indy 500 is what is currently keeping my Woody hooked up, but that picture quality is rough! It's hard to use after, especially after the super crisp display 2600 Plus.

Driving Controller and Video Touch Pad incompatibility are frequently brought up. Its interesting to me as they are just electrical messages being sent to the machine and if the CX40 Joystick and CX30 Paddles work then whats up with that?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Driving Controller and Video Touch Pad incompatibility are frequently brought up. Its interesting to me as they are just electrical messages being sent to the machine and if the CX40 Joystick and CX30 Paddles work then whats up with that?

Yeah that's what I've been thinking too, the 2600 had 'simple technology' controllers, you would assume them to be simple to emulate.

I've not actually looked, I wonder if Stella supports the Driving Controllers right now anyway. I have a USB Mayflash Megadrive adapter which I use with my laptop to play Stella with a CX40, I should plug a driving controller in and see what happens. 

Created a temporary spot in my Atari Room for the 2600+. I’m going to really start playing it tomorrow and Monday with both of my sons. I’m expecting to permanently swap places with my S-Video modded 2600 Jr, once the “update(s) have been provided. The Jr. is currently connected to our living room TV.

IMG_2727.jpeg

IMG_2726.jpeg

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Still a fair bit to do after this update. Driving controller we look at in the new year, I asked about it before and got a 'not possible' response.

That doesn't really make any sense.  The driving controller just pulses the left and right joystick inputs (it can push both together).  Diagonals work obviously, so if up + left can register, why wouldn't left + right register?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

Created a temporary spot in my Atari Room for the 2600+. I’m going to really start playing it tomorrow and Monday with both of my sons. I’m expecting to permanently swap places with my S-Video modded 2600 Jr, once the “update(s) have been provided. The Jr. is currently connected to our living room TV.

IMG_2727.jpeg

IMG_2726.jpeg

*Chefs kiss*

Not a fan of dust I see.

• Like 5