IGNORED

The Atari 2600+ is live for preorders!

jgkspsx

30 minutes ago, Albert said:

No delay has been announced, but hey, why not invent yet something else to complain about. 

..Al

Actually there have already been at least one shipping delay on Atari.com.

When the 2600+ was first listed for preorder, it had a shipping date of November on Atari.com.

The date was later changed to November/December and then changed again to December.

Currently Amazon has a date of November 17th and Atari.com says December so if Amazon starts shipping on Nov 17 as listed and Atari.com starts shipping in December as listed then I's say it is a concern for those who ordered first on Atari.com.

Maybe there is a good reason for the conflicting shipping dates which is why I asked the question in the first place.

Edited by E. King
correction
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, E. King said:

When the 2600+ was first listed for preorder, it had a shipping date of November on Atari.com.

Edit: I see you changed "October" to "November" while I was working on my response...

No, the shipping date was first listed as November when the 2600+ hit the Atari.com store, which has already been stated in this thread. It later changed to December for later orders. Those who ordered when the date was November will have their order shipped in November. This was also stated in this same thread. They are not conflicting shipping dates. 

..Al

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Albert said:

No, the shipping date has first listed as November when the 2600+ hit the Atari.com store, which has already been stated in this thread. It later changed to December for later orders. Those who ordered when the date was November will have their order shipped in November. This was also stated in this same thread. They are not conflicting shipping dates. 

..Al

Ok then that makes much better sense, thank you for the explanation.

• Like 1

Sorry, didnt mean relay false info about a delay, I shoulda read the previous responses rather than skimming thru. 

Related, since the release is going thru on time, is Atari currently developing a patch or update to help with compatibility?  I have a good many homebrews, and hopefully they will be able to improve in the near future,  thx. 

14 hours ago, tcmultimedia said:

Could these delays possibly be caused by Atari tweeking the units?  I know there were a lot of people out there concerned about compatibility.  Maybe something being looked at to improve those potential problems to change before production?

Als answered your first question.

Regarding the compatibility question, no changes have been made to the launch software since going gold just prior to commencement of mass production in late summer. 

What has been done since then is that many more cartridges have been tested from the compatibility list that were 'not tested' and the vast majority are now a 'Pass'. I did post a list in this thread giving an update whilst I was doing this further testing. The official compatibility list will be updated around launch day.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, tcmultimedia said:

Sorry, didnt mean relay false info about a delay, I shoulda read the previous responses rather than skimming thru. 

Related, since the release is going thru on time, is Atari currently developing a patch or update to help with compatibility?  I have a good many homebrews, and hopefully they will be able to improve in the near future,  thx. 

Yes, we've now moved to testing homebrew and it's likely a patch will be released in the future to improve homebrew compatibility.

• Like 5

Here’s hoping there is a breakthrough with the touchpad. Star Raiders is calling my name. Spent so much time on that as a kid.

Really psyched to see the UK gamepad on deck for release!!! I’ve debated importing a pair for a long while.

I have only been lurking through half of this thread so maybe I missed it. But how healthy is the relationship between the Atari+ project and the emulator authors whose work is being leveraged?

Love seeing all the behind the scenes stuff!

IMG_1657.jpeg

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, AtariYMás009 said:

yes,I know, but I'm spanish and all my games are PAL, do yoy know which stella color pallete uses? or if is it updatable?

I am pretty sure it will always use the NTSC palette. And without access to Stella's UI, there is no way to correct this. :( 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, dashv said:

Here’s hoping there is a breakthrough with the touchpad. Star Raiders is calling my name. Spent so much time on that as a kid.

Really psyched to see the UK gamepad on deck for release!!! I’ve debated importing a pair for a long while.

I have only been lurking through half of this thread so maybe I missed it. But how healthy is the relationship between the Atari+ project and the emulator authors whose work is being leveraged?

Love seeing all the behind the scenes stuff!

IMG_1657.jpeg

I have been wondering this as well.

There was mention made some time ago by Atari here on the forum about doing something for the Stella team, seeing that it is their software Atari is selling.

A lot of radio silence since on it, and I still see no mention on their webpage about Stella.

I am really hoping this was more then a bit of lip service by Atari. Without the Stella team and their work, Atari would not have a 2600+ to sell.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

I am pretty sure it will always use the NTSC palette. And without access to Stella's UI, there is no way to correct this. :( 

Wait wait, are you saying that all my games will have altered colors? isn't stella suposed to run both NTSC and PAL games? The colors should look good, right?

55 minutes ago, AtariYMás009 said:

Wait wait, are you saying that all my games will have altered colors? isn't stella suposed to run both NTSC and PAL games? The colors should look good, right?

PAl-50 games should look fine, PAL-60 games not. The latter because Stella assumes they are NTSC.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

22 hours ago, Tavi said:

I have been wondering this as well.

There was mention made some time ago by Atari here on the forum about doing something for the Stella team, seeing that it is their software Atari is selling.

A lot of radio silence since on it, and I still see no mention on their webpage about Stella.

I am really hoping this was more then a bit of lip service by Atari. Without the Stella team and their work, Atari would not have a 2600+ to sell.

I was wondering the same thing. 

Can anyone provide an update?

I'm loving the interaction between the fanbase and the developers. This is so often overlooked for projects like this so thanks to the devs for the updates and for the hardcore Atari fans for sharing their knowledge. Despite having a ton of devices that run 2600 games, I'm very excited about the 2600+ and have been stocking up on carts.

My wishlist for purely cosmetic stuff (once they've actually got all the actual running games properly up and running obvs) is for access to some filters. I love this uses HDMI but to get that warm, fuzzy feeling from playing your childhood console, some warm, fuzzy visuals would really help. Even that hi-res Atari logo that flashes up jars a little, how about an option to switch to a lovely blocky VCS style version as well? I'm really hoping this machine continues to get support and updates after launch and we get to see that compatibility list increased (I will buy a copy of Circus Convoy if you can get it up and running).

Not long to go! My VCS back in the late 70's was still the best Xmas present I ever got and possibly ruined Christmas from that moment on.

• Like 3