IGNORED

The Atari 2600+ is live for preorders!

jgkspsx

2 minutes ago, Jstick said:

Yeah, that’s nice packaging. I can’t imagine wanting to have the cost of various packaging based on different things someone might have ordered, though.

I ordered all that plus and extra joystick, so would that mean there’s a box to accommodate that configuration?

As a customer, I’d love to get a box like that. As a company, I would probably be the one saying, “Hey, let’s think this through a bit more.” 

I’ll be curious to hear what Ben says.  

• Like 1

Just to be clear, the packaging in the above video is NOT the normal packaging everyone is going to receive.  It was created as a fun experiment, and then it was decided to make a small number to send out to some people.  I can tell you that packaging of this nature is quite expensive to produce!

..Al

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Albert said:

Just to be clear, the packaging in the above video is NOT the normal packaging everyone is going to receive.  It was created as a fun experiment, and then it was decided to make a small number to send out to some people.  I can tell you that packaging of this nature is quite expensive to produce!

..Al

A collector will probably pay top dollar for that packaging down the road. (If those review units ever end up for sale on eBay).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jake67 said:

Yeah, that’s nice packaging. I can’t imagine wanting to have the cost of various packaging based on different things someone might have ordered, though.

I ordered all that plus and extra joystick, so would that mean there’s a box to accommodate that configuration?

As a customer, I’d love to get a box like that. As a company, I would probably be the one saying, “Hey, let’s think this through a bit more.” 

I’ll be curious to hear what Ben says.  

There are a couple of hundred of these press packs been sent out to influencers and media outlets.

Retail versions are exactly what's been shown on Amazon and Atari.com.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jeremiahjt said:

Does that include Albert?

If so, hey @Albert, I got a proposition for you.

Like I'd miss out Albert!

I've personally kept a few aside for VIPs like the Stella devs. Still got a couple are unaccounted for.

Perhaps it would be good to have a lottery for an Atari Age member to win one, Al?

Edited by Ben from Plaion
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2