IGNORED

The Atari 2600+ is live for preorders!

jgkspsx

This was a slightly disappointing e-mail to get from Atari about my pre-order:

Thank you for purchasing an Atari 2600+. We are eager to get your order to you and will do so as soon as possible. Our fulfillment partner is shipping orders in waves as product arrives at their distribution center. Your order is planned to ship in the first week of December.

I suppose I wish their “fulfillment partner” was Amazon. 😁

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Well... I'm kind of bummed. I got a notification telling me that my 2600+ wouldn't be shipping until sometime in December.

I'll survive, hah... but I think I'm a little frustrated because I purchased it literally within minutes of receiving the e-mail that an Atari 2600+ was available for pre-orders. I mean... I ordered it so fast that I could barely get the numbers in fast enough... so I have to assume I was probably one of the earlier ones to order it. I received an e-mail Tuesday saying it's ready to ship... and then received an e-mail on Friday with a tracking number, and now an e-mail telling me it'll be ~3 weeks.

Again, love Atari... I'll suck it up, but I am a little bummed... haha. It would be OK if I knew it was because there was a patch or something they wanted to put out before they sent it to me. Still hoping for a smooth rollout for Atari... I want to see them succeed.

• Like 3

Getting closer to shipping for me...

Atari <no-reply@atari.com> Unsubscribe

2:11 PM (34 minutes ago)

to me

Thank you for purchasing an Atari 2600+. We are eager to get your order to you and will do so as soon as possible. Our fulfillment partner is shipping orders in waves as product arrives at their distribution center. Your order is planned to ship in the first week of December.

You will receive an email with a tracking number when your order is scheduled to leave the fulfillment center. 

Thank you,

The Atari Team
  • Like 2

My biggest take away so far, is don't order day one and wait for Amazon.

I just received an email saying "Thank you for purchasing an Atari 2600+. We are eager to get your order to you and will do so as soon as possible. Our fulfillment partner is shipping orders in waves as product arrives at their distribution center. Your order is planned to ship in the first week of December."

Maybe next time have your product ready to ship on the day you say it will.

• Like 1

I got the same email about shipping the first week of December.
My order of Mr. Run and jump, that I ordered separately, has shipped.   

Too bad I didn’t order Berzerk and everything else individually as well. 

Edited by Thran
Phrasing.
  • Sad 1

On 11/15/2023 at 11:22 AM, Dr Karnov said:

First unboxing I've seen of the normal retail release:

https://youtu.be/qopIQVQGLnA?feature=shared

I put one up on YouTube today, but it’s A LOT longer (and wordier). Tried to link it in its own thread, but I take it that’s frowned upon around here as it’s not been approved. Tagged “2600+” “unboxing” so hopefully not too hard to find, but:

• Like 3

Just got the same email....

Damn :(
Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, PacManPlus said:
Just got the same email....

Damn :(

Mine is on the way from Atari here in the US but it was shipped pony express (Fedex Smartpost)...  guess I am lucky that it is coming seeing some of these posts... On a very positive note, it seems like the Atari 2600+ is selling which is great! I really hope that it is a success, and we see many more products getting released. 

4 hours ago, Blinky said:

I received my 2600+ today too! it's just a bit bigger then the 2600 junior. Looks very neat
Been testing my games and most work after cleaning them. Pole Position PAL colors are off but that's already known. PAL games don't play that great yet.  The dumper slot seems to be sensitive though I even managed to crash/ reload a few games while playing with the black and white switch. The joystick ports pins are a bit too thin for my original controllers (except the CX-78 which makes a firm connection). Both my driver controllers don't work except the fire button. Not sure if it's poor contact of the connector or a software issue. Anyway beside these things I'm very pleased with my 2600+

image.thumb.png.f4c07617c225b7d6cb400017b86073b1.png

Hi,please could you tell me in what way PAL games don’t play that well yet? Cheers

6 hours ago, Dr Karnov said:

I have 7800 Joust, Choplifter, Xevious and Commando, all PAL versions.

I'm due to get my 2600+ tomorrow so I'll post on here if I can get them to work

Many thanks and please let us know the results.

The (possible) 7800 PAL fail  list gets longer:

Commando (confirmed by others, too)

Choplifter

Food Fight (reported by others, need to test)

Joust (confirmed by others, too)

Karateka (reported by others, need to test)

Xevious

PAL 2600 games usually run fine but reports about wrong colors increase, so I gonna test Space Invaders, Enduro, Pole Position, Battlezone next.

• Like 2

Got s shipping confirmation today, says my console should be in Sunday. Bit bummed I don't get to spend this weekend with it, but next week is a long one (for us, Thanksgiving) so cool. No mention of paddles which I ordered at the same time, but may have screwed up as a couple weeks back I ordered a second set when it popped back up for order again.

Anyhow, won't do much till Wednesday other than test it comes on, but ill get to play with it if it works.

Read some earlier posts, we can't recommend adventure and yars revenge? Really? I get yars due to the cloud in the muddle of the screen, but I'd be more likely to mention things like asteroids or pacman due to flicker. Adventure is dependant on you how bad it can flicker. I don't remember epelipsy being a thing in the early 80's and earlier, I'm pretty sure its a whole screen thing that may trigger it, not small objects on screen.

2 hours ago, Microjak said:

could you tell me in what way PAL games don’t play that well yet?

It's mostly the PAL 50Hz to 60Hz display conversion that causes jerkyness because of frame skips. Where linair movement is normally smooth it becomes jerky/ stuttery because of the frameskips. You can notice this the best on horizontal movement.  The scrolling message in Fatal Run is aweful to watch (but  in alfairness, this behaviour is also present on Stella for PC on 60Hz monitor).

I've heard that there will be a future update that will support 50Hz HDMI so things should play more smootly then.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chad5200 said:

Lots of talk about cleaning old cartridges. I would recommended using an actual contact cleaner like Deoxit D5. 

Here is a link:

DeoxIT D5S-6 Spray, More Than A Contact Cleaner, 142g, Integrated Straw, Pack of 1 https://a.co/d/d6HmMLD

Absolutely!  Deoxit is great stuff.  Just clean the contacts with alcohol and a cotton swab first and then finish with some Deoxit.  @Albert Maybe this is a good time to highlight any thread about cleaning your cartridge contacts.  I know there is a really good one in the Jaguar forum HERE but I haven't looked to see if there is one in the 2600 or 7800 forums.  Maybe make it a separate forum all by itself?  2P.

Btw, I received the email that I will receive my order during the first week of December as well.  I just hope it gets here before Christmas.

• Like 1

I ordered my console from my local EB Games (I'm in Australia), in September, and I picked it up on its release day. With the paddles bundle and Berzerk, I order it from an online store in Melbourne Victoria around the same time (it was either them or Amazon) and it stated on the website "release date 17th November". 17th of November comes around and my order status changed from "Back ordered - 1 week (meaning one week delay, didn't have a problem with that) to "Completed" (which there was nothing in their order status definitions to explain it). I contacted their customer support and they followed it up and now they say it won't be shipped until late January. My response can I cancel and get a refund. Pretty poor communication in my opinion.

• Like 1