IGNORED

Gamestation Pro

Dr Karnov

2 hours ago, LatchKeyKid said:

I don't see it listed online as available in store either (though admittedly I don't know if that's normal for Costco as I've never searched their site for a specific product).

The Costco website has no relevance to the stores. It’s pretty frustrating. You have to call them or go yourself.

$80 might tempt me enough to get one. It’s not so much to ask for the biggest Atari arcade collection ever even if some of the limitations are janky. Let’s see if Costco still has them the next time I go.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2023 at 1:29 AM, jgkspsx said:

I want to point out again: this is the largest collection of Atari arcade games EVER released, with several games that have never been legally available before.

Is there a text list someplace? I see that @Bill Loguidice posted one on Armchair Arcade but the site seems to be down. http://armchairarcade.com/perspectives/2023/09/19/game-list-for-my-arcade-atari-gamestation-pro/

The links on the official Atari page are dead 

https://atari.com/blogs/newsroom/my-arcade-releases-the-atari-gamestation-pro-with-200-games is OK but 

https://atari.com/blogs/newsroom/www.myarcadegaming.com/atari-gamestation-pro returns a 404 and

https://atari.com/blogs/newsroom/www.myarcadegaming.com just says "not found"

MyArcade has a video list but it's formatted in a way that makes it unreadable. 

Here's an offline copy of it since we all like the "gaming history" that sometimes gets memory-holed. 

While I agree with others that this seems like a nice collection, I'd really like to check your assertion that it's the biggest compilation of Atari arcade games ever released. It seems like that between Atari 50 from Digital Eclipse and Atari Flashback from AtGames, there can't be that many Atari arcade games we haven't seen elsewhere. 

Atari 50 arcade games:

Akka Arrh

Asteroids

Asteroids Deluxe

Black Widow

Breakout

Centipede

Cloak & Dagger

Crystal Castles

Fire Truck/Smokey Joe

Food Fight

Gravitar

I, Robot

Liberator

Lunar Lander

Major Havoc

Maze Invaders

Millipede

Missile Command

Pong

Quantum

Space Duel

Sprint 8

Super Breakout

Tempest

Warlords

Atari Flashback games (from Switch version. Would need Volumes 1, 2, and 3 to get all of these on PS4/XBO):

Asteroids

Asteroids Deluxe

Atari Baseball

Atari Basketball

Atari Football

Atari Soccer

Avalanche

Canyon Bomber

Centipede

Crystal Castles

Destroyer

Dominos

Fire Truck/Smokey Joe

Gravitar

Liberator

Lunar Lander

Major Havoc

Maze Invaders

Millipede

Missile Command

Monte Carlo

Pong

Pool Shark

Red Baron

Sky Diver

Space Duel

Sprint 2

Super Breakout

Super Bug

Tempest

Warlords

Can you or someone else list the Gamestation "exclusive" arcade games?

This video has images but no text list. 

I see Cloud 9, Monte Carlo, Night Driver, Runaway, Tournament Table, Ultra Tank when he flips thru some of the menu. Not sure that's worth $80 on its own but maybe there are others I missed. Maybe I can make a comparison table if I find the other information someplace. 

Screenshot2023-09-24at10_05_23AM.thumb.png.1bb7faa3feb4030d58d0f7a1e0386188.png

with a little help from chatGPT, here are some wrong answers (I, Robot and Food Fight are in Atari 50 for example)

Here are the key differences between the three lists: Gamestation Pro, Atari 50, and Atari Flashback:

**Games exclusive to Gamestation Pro (not in Atari 50 or Atari Flashback):**
1. Alpha One
2. Basketball
3. Cloud 9
4. Drag Race
5. Food Fight
6. I, Robot
7. Lunar Battle
8. Night Driver
9. Pool Shark
10. Quantum
11. Runaway
12. Sky Raider
13. Tournament Table
14. Ultra Tank

**Games exclusive to Atari 50 (not in Gamestation Pro or Atari Flashback):**
1. Akka Arrh
2. Black Widow
3. Cloak & Dagger
4. Maze Invaders
5. Pong
6. Sprint 8

**Games exclusive to Atari Flashback (not in Gamestation Pro or Atari 50):**
1. Atari Baseball
2. Atari Basketball
3. Atari Football
4. Atari Soccer
5. Destroyer
6. Monte Carlo
7. Sprint 2

These lists represent the differences in the game libraries of Gamestation Pro, Atari 50, and Atari Flashback gaming consoles. Each console has a unique set of games, and there is some overlap between them as well.

• Like 3

I ran it a few more times and got different results! And no, I don't want to spend any effort on enumerating Atari games on nostalgia collections manually. 

Here are the main differences between the three lists: Gamestation Pro, Atari 50, and Atari Flashback:

**Gamestation Pro**:
1. Alpha One
2. Basketball
3. Cloud 9
4. Drag Race
5. Lunar Battle
6. Night Driver
7. Runaway
8. Sky Raider
9. Tournament Table
10. Ultra Tank

**Atari 50**:
1. Akka Arrh
2. Black Widow
3. Breakout
4. Cloak & Dagger
5. Fire Truck/Smokey Joe
6. Maze Invaders
7. Pong
8. Sprint 8

**Atari Flashback**:
1. Atari Baseball
2. Atari Basketball
3. Atari Football
4. Atari Soccer
5. Destroyer
6. Pong
7. Sprint 2

**Differences between Gamestation Pro and Atari 50**:
- Gamestation Pro includes 10 games that are not in Atari 50.
- Atari 50 includes 8 games that are not in Gamestation Pro.

**Differences between Gamestation Pro and Atari Flashback**:
- Gamestation Pro includes 10 games that are not in Atari Flashback.
- Atari Flashback includes 7 games that are not in Gamestation Pro.

**Differences between Atari 50 and Atari Flashback**:
- Atari 50 includes 8 games that are not in Atari Flashback.
- Atari Flashback includes 7 games that are not in Atari 50.

Please note that some games appear in multiple lists, so they are not counted as differences when comparing the lists.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Is there a text list someplace? I see that @Bill Loguidice posted one on Armchair Arcade but the site seems to be down. http://armchairarcade.com/perspectives/2023/09/19/game-list-for-my-arcade-atari-gamestation-pro/

[…]

While I agree with others that this seems like a nice collection, I'd really like to check your assertion that it's the biggest compilation of Atari arcade games ever released. It seems like that between Atari 50 from Digital Eclipse and Atari Flashback from AtGames, there can't be that many Atari arcade games we haven't seen elsewhere.

My methodology was much simpler: I counted :) 

Atari Flashback Classics has 31 arcade games: https://atari.com/products/atari-flashback-classics-switch

Atari 50 has 25: https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-full-list-of-games-for-the-upcoming-atari-50-the-anniversary-collection-has-seemingly-leaked.637737/

Atari Anniversary Edition has 18: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_Anthology

Game Center Pro has 39: 

Feel free to remove Alpha 1 and Lunar Battle as prototypes of other games included here, but also feel free to add World Rally as it was published by Atari Games.

• Thanks 1

Surprisingly,  I'm finding myself kind of tempted here...

First things first;  This company;  Are these guys are Assholes, or what?  I clicked right on the product then GAMES, and... surprise, surprise NO GAMES LIST.  They clearly don't want my money I guess.

When I see 5 games listed then MANY MORE;  I think oh good,  If I put together that MANY MORE part,  I'd have  I, Robot, Battlezone, and Red Baron on there...Seriously who thinks the game list is some unimportant part of this?

Is that SD Card capability confirmed for sure?

Ummm Anybody know anything about Costco?   Yup!  I'm in one of those few states that doesn't have any :(   There is one 47 miles from here though so that's not too bad,

It's not a huge list of newcomers that weren't previously on Atari Flashback Classics/Atari Vault or Atari 50, but there's several cool additions in those 7 games (I'm not counting the Gravitar and Major Havoc prototypes).

Night Driver is an iconic Atari arcade release that has never appeared at home before except on the Evercade Atari arcade cartridge. Drag Race has never appeared before outside of the AtGames arcade cabinet. Ultra Tank is the first appearance of an arcade entry from Atari's popular 1970's Tank franchise, Cloud 9 is a newcomer, Runaway is a newcomer, Sky Raider is a newcomer and a very unique game, and Tournament Table is a newcomer and one of the last attempts in the arcade by Atari to further extend the Pong formula that started it all.

And several of the others are only on their 2nd or 3rd appearance at home. Food Fight for instance saw a Game Room release on the Xbox 360 and then finally resurfaced again on Atari 50, 'I, Robot' is only making its 2nd appearance after finally appearing on Atari 50, the black & white sports games only previously made it out on the Code Mystics collection (Atari Vault on PC/VCS, Atari Flashback Classics 3 on PS4/XB1, and Atari Flashback Classics on Switch & Vita), etc.

These perhaps aren't quite as interesting for the folks like myself that bought those collections, but for the people that haven't bought every last Atari collection, this goes far beyond the usual inclusions like Centipede and Asteroids and likely has a sizeable number of Atari arcade classics that they haven't seen in older collections.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 3

I assume they were holding up game lists til the last minute in case there were late breaking changes. 

I just got back from Costco. They had lots of holiday toys out, but I didn’t see the Gamestation to buy. 

I did, however, get some food court pizza and other purchases, so it wasn’t a wasted trip. 

I would not drive 47 miles to check, @GoldLeader. Especially since the MyArcade site seems to have it for the same price after using their discount code. 

I’d offer to pick one up and ship it to you if I saw one, but I don’t want to act like a drug dealer. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

If I put together that MANY MORE part,  I'd have  I, Robot, Battlezone, and Red Baron on there...

The full list is on page 3 of that thread. Red Baron and I, Robot are on it. Battlezone was sold off to Rebellion in the ~2013 bankruptcy so Atari would have to pay to license it back. 

Here’s the list

Atari Game Station Pro 

Games

2600 (82)

3D Tic-Tac-Toe
Adventure
Adventure II
Air-Sea Battle
Aquaventure
Asteroids
Atari Video Cube
Basic Math
Basketball
Bowling
Boxing (Activision)
Breakout
Canyon Bomber
Centipede
Championship Soccer
Circus Atari
Combat
Combat Two
Crystal Castles
Dark Chambers
Demons to Diamonds
Desert Falcon
Dodge ‘Em
Double Dunk
Drag Race
Fast Eddie
Fatal Run
Flag Capture
Football
Frog Pond
Golf
Gravitar
Hangman
Haunted House
Home Run
Human Cannonball
Indy 500
Maze Craze
Millipede
Miniature Golf
Missile Command
MotoRodeo
Night Driver
Off the Wall
Outlaw
Pong (Video Olympics)
Quadrun
Radar Lock
Realsports Baseball
Realsports Basketball
Realsports Boxing
Realsports Football
Realsports Soccer
Realsports Tennis
Realsports Volleyball
Road Runner
Saboteur
Save Mary
Secret Quest
Sky Diver
Slot Racers
Solaris
Space Raid
Space War
Sprint Master
Steeplechase
Street Racer
Stunt Cycle
Submarine Commander
Super Baseball
Super Breakout
Super Football
Surround
Swordquest: Earthworld
Swordquest: Fireworld
Swordquest: Waterworld
Tempest
Video Checkers
Video Pinball
Warlords
Wizard
Yars’ Revenge

5200 (7)

Centipede
Frisky Tom
Meebzork
Millipede
Missile Command
Realsports Baseball
Realsports Basketball

7800 (10)

Alien Brigade
Asteroids
Basketbrawl
Centipede
Dark Chambers
Desert Falcon
Food Fight
Motorpsycho
Realsports Baseball
Scrapyard Dog

Arcade (39)

Alpha One
Asteroids
Asteroids Deluxe
Atari Baseball
Atari Football
Atari Soccer
Avalanche
Basketball
Canyon Bomber
Centipede
Cloud 9
Crystal Castles
Dominos
Drag Race
Fire Truck
Food Fight
Gravitar
I, Robot
Liberator
Lunar Battle
Lunar Lander
Major Havoc
Millipede
Missile Command
Monte Carlo
Night Driver
Pool Shark
Quantum
Red Baron
Runaway
Sky Diver
Sky Raider
Space Duel
Super Breakout
Super Bug
Tempest
Tournament Table
Ultra Tank
Warlords

Bonus

8 Eyes
Bad Street Brawler
Beast Ball
Brave Battle Saga
Burglar X
Canon: Legend of the New Gods
Cheese Chase
Dash Galaxy in the Alien Asylum
Diver Boy
Eliminator Boat Duel
Escape from Atlantis
Exploding Fist
Fancy World
Free Fall
Galaxy Gunners
Gorodki
Jim Power: The Lost Dimension in 3D
Lan Master
Lawn Mower
Little Lancelot
Lucky Boom
Maniac's Square
Mega 3D Noah's Ark
Mermaids of Atlantis
Metal Mech
Mighty Warriors
Motor City Patrol
Nightshade: Part I: The Claws of Sutekh
Noah's Ark
Ping Pong Masters 93
Pow 2
Power Punch II
Pyramids of Ra
Radical Rex
Snakki
Snowboard Championship
Stanley: The Search for Dr. Livingston
Steel Force
Street Racer
Sumo Slam
Super Hunchback
Switchblade
Sword of Sodan
Target: Renegade
The Fidgetts
The Gadget Twins
The Humans
The Immortal
The Mutant Virus
Thunderbolt
Thunderbolt II
Tinhead
Top Racer 2
Treasure Master
Viking Child
Water Margin
World Rally
World Trophy Soccer
Zany Golf
Zooming Secretary

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

I assume they were holding up game lists til the last minute in case there were late breaking changes. 

I just got back from Costco. They had lots of holiday toys out, but I didn’t see the Gamestation to buy. 

I did, however, get some food court pizza and other purchases, so it wasn’t a wasted trip. 

I would not drive 47 miles to check, @GoldLeader. Especially since the MyArcade site seems to have it for the same price after using their discount code. 

I’d offer to pick one up and ship it to you if I saw one, but I don’t want to act like a drug dealer. 

Thanks @Flojomojo!

As usual,  you've gone above and beyond! 

One last thing though,  what is this discount code you speak of?  I can't seem to find a working one.