IGNORED

Gamestation Pro

Dr Karnov

1 hour ago, donjn said:

It will be. It has a Genesis and NES emulator inside it.

I know. That's why I shared that video starting at the segment showing off the the loading of user supplied roms, for 007 after he wondered if one can side load their own Genesis and NES roms.

Edited by Atariboy

4 minutes ago, Atariboy said:

I know. That's why I shared that video starting at the segment showing off the the loading of user supplied roms, for 007 after he wondered if one can side load their own Genesis and NES roms.

Yeah I was trying to quote him and not your video. I failed lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 0078265317 said:

Cool what about snes or n64?

There's no reason for those emulators to be installed, so probably not out of the box (although I'm also not sure if anyone has even tried yet). Only Piko owned NES and Genesis games are present with nothing from their collection of Super Nintendo or N64 IP like Top Gear for the SNES.

That said, there's also always the chance we'll see the community hack it and add additional emulators like we've seen with some of the more recent AtGames Flashback units. If that happens I imagine that a SNES core will appear, but there will be obvious limitations with the number of available buttons unless the community figures out how to work around that with alternative controllers.

Of more interest to me personally is if we can add additional arcade games and how capable it is of running them (the video that I linked to didn't explore that area or if they attempted it, didn't have any success). The Legends Flashback was cool to play with, but had so many limitations due to things like an ancient build of MAME. Hopefully it's not locked down and we'll be able to add more arcade classics to it (the reviewer that I linked to doesn't seem terribly tech savvy, so I'm optimistic that we'll be able to just like we can with Atari, NES, and Genesis roms).

I'm also hoping that the community figures out how to utilize the paddle when side loading additional games. Not only for 2600 games like Kaboom but also other things like the arcade Arkanoid games. Doesn't seem possible out of the box, but we'll see if the community is able to overcome that hurdle.

Edited by Atariboy

56 minutes ago, Atariboy said:

There's no reason for those emulators to be installed, so probably not out of the box (although I'm also not sure if anyone has even tried yet). Only Piko owned NES and Genesis games are present with nothing from their collection of Super Nintendo or N64 IP like Top Gear for the SNES.

That said, there's also always the chance we'll see the community hack it and add additional emulators like we've seen with some of the more recent AtGames Flashback units. If that happens I imagine that a SNES core will appear, but there will be obvious limitations with the number of available buttons unless the community figures out how to work around that with alternative controllers.

Of more interest to me personally is if we can add additional arcade games and how capable it is of running them (the video that I linked to didn't explore that area or if they attempted it, didn't have any success). The Legends Flashback was cool to play with, but had so many limitations due to things like an ancient build of MAME. Hopefully it's not locked down and we'll be able to add more arcade classics to it (the reviewer that I linked to doesn't seem terribly tech savvy, so I'm optimistic that we'll be able to just like we can with Atari, NES, and Genesis roms).

I'm also hoping that the community figures out how to utilize the paddle when side loading additional games. Not only for 2600 games like Kaboom but also other things like the arcade Arkanoid games. Doesn't seem possible out of the box, but we'll see if the community is able to overcome that hurdle.

There is a way for additional controllers but not sure if the GSP will accept it.  A seagull 78 is needed on a real 2600 to use the 8bitdo genesis 9 pin receivers.  Then it pairs with a wiimote.  And then a classic controller can be used.  Or a hyperkin nes or snes to wii mote adaptetr.  Then snes controllers work.

There is a way for additional controllers but not sure if the GSP will accept it.  A seagull 78 is needed on a real 2600 to use the 8bitdo genesis 9 pin receivers.  Then it pairs with a wiimote.  And then a classic controller can be used.  Or a hyperkin nes or snes to wii mote adaptetr.  Then snes controllers work.

You can use an Xbox One controller with the wire:

How did you get snes and n64 and the others to work?  Did you have to load other emulators?

Oh, so you are interested in running other platforms on it that aren't "officially listed" on their website, gee I'm so shocked 😝no longer worried doing so might brick it? 🙄 

5 hours ago, OldSchoolRetroGamer said:

Oh, so you are interested in running other platforms on it that aren't "officially listed" on their website, gee I'm so shocked 😝no longer worried doing so might brick it? 🙄 

I was just curious how he managed to do so and if it was complicated.  I have not decided if I will go that route.

11 hours ago, ThirdGenGamer said:

Ok here is what I got to work so far:  2600, 5200, 7800, NES, SNES, GEN, GBA, PCE, GB, N64, NDS.
11 systems in total - A Must Buy!

But what is the input lag? Like compared to hardware on a CRT or even Stella on a high end PC. Is the movement smooth?

I am VERY sensitive to input lag.

11 minutes ago, 0078265317 said:

Kinda hard to read.  They should of just made a simple list.

Atari Game Station Pro 

Games

2600 (82)

3D Tic-Tac-Toe
Adventure
Adventure II
Air-Sea Battle
Aquaventure
Asteroids
Atari Video Cube
Basic Math
Basketball
Bowling
Boxing (Activision)
Breakout
Canyon Bomber
Centipede
Championship Soccer
Circus Atari
Combat
Combat Two
Crystal Castles
Dark Chambers
Demons to Diamonds
Desert Falcon
Dodge ‘Em
Double Dunk
Drag Race
Fast Eddie
Fatal Run
Flag Capture
Football
Frog Pond
Golf
Gravitar
Hangman
Haunted House
Home Run
Human Cannonball
Indy 500
Maze Craze
Millipede
Miniature Golf
Missile Command
MotoRodeo
Night Driver
Off the Wall
Outlaw
Pong (Video Olympics)
Quadrun
Radar Lock
Realsports Baseball
Realsports Basketball
Realsports Boxing
Realsports Football
Realsports Soccer
Realsports Tennis
Realsports Volleyball
Road Runner
Saboteur
Save Mary
Secret Quest
Sky Diver
Slot Racers
Solaris
Space Raid
Space War
Sprint Master
Steeplechase
Street Racer
Stunt Cycle
Submarine Commander
Super Baseball
Super Breakout
Super Football
Surround
Swordquest: Earthworld
Swordquest: Fireworld
Swordquest: Waterworld
Tempest
Video Checkers
Video Pinball
Warlords
Wizard
Yars’ Revenge

5200 (7)

Centipede
Frisky Tom
Meebzork
Millipede
Missile Command
Realsports Baseball
Realsports Basketball

7800 (10)

Alien Brigade
Asteroids
Basketbrawl
Centipede
Dark Chambers
Desert Falcon
Food Fight
Motorpsycho
Realsports Baseball
Scrapyard Dog

Arcade (39)

Alpha One
Asteroids
Asteroids Deluxe
Atari Baseball
Atari Football
Atari Soccer
Avalanche
Basketball
Canyon Bomber
Centipede
Cloud 9
Crystal Castles
Dominos
Drag Race
Fire Truck
Food Fight
Gravitar
I, Robot
Liberator
Lunar Battle
Lunar Lander
Major Havoc
Millipede
Missile Command
Monte Carlo
Night Driver
Pool Shark
Quantum
Red Baron
Runaway
Sky Diver
Sky Raider
Space Duel
Super Breakout
Super Bug
Tempest
Tournament Table
Ultra Tank
Warlords

Bonus

8 Eyes
Bad Street Brawler
Beast Ball
Brave Battle Saga
Burglar X
Canon: Legend of the New Gods
Cheese Chase
Dash Galaxy in the Alien Asylum
Diver Boy
Eliminator Boat Duel
Escape from Atlantis
Exploding Fist
Fancy World
Free Fall
Galaxy Gunners
Gorodki
Jim Power: The Lost Dimension in 3D
Lan Master
Lawn Mower
Little Lancelot
Lucky Boom
Maniac's Square
Mega 3D Noah's Ark
Mermaids of Atlantis
Metal Mech
Mighty Warriors
Motor City Patrol
Nightshade: Part I: The Claws of Sutekh
Noah's Ark
Ping Pong Masters 93
Pow 2
Power Punch II
Pyramids of Ra
Radical Rex
Snakki
Snowboard Championship
Stanley: The Search for Dr. Livingston
Steel Force
Street Racer
Sumo Slam
Super Hunchback
Switchblade
Sword of Sodan
Target: Renegade
The Fidgetts
The Gadget Twins
The Humans
The Immortal
The Mutant Virus
Thunderbolt
Thunderbolt II
Tinhead
Top Racer 2
Treasure Master
Viking Child
Water Margin
World Rally
World Trophy Soccer
Zany Golf
Zooming Secretary

In his video, Jon/GenXGrownUp seems to organize his ROMS by using a naming scheme like 2600-GAME_NAME.a26 or 5200-GAME_NAME.a26.  See?

AtariGamestationPro1.thumb.PNG.baac8ec96718441668fc1d531f421068.png.c9a056069c17f0452cc2744fa2aa92bd.png

I'm guessing that's because all the ROMS go into one folder.

If so, hey, that's not bad, if you don't have too many ROMS.

A few thousand, maybe.

If you had more than a few thousand, you might need separate folders.

Then maybe you might consider something like running LaunchBox on PC.

It really is easy to install and set up.  For retro games, it has all the emulators in it already.

Sorts your ROMS by system automatically I think.

And I think it gives you options to organize your ROMS in other ways too.

Really nice if say you had more than a few thousand ROMS and need to keep them organized.

Also I think more convenient to keep all the emulators up to date.

Play on your PC or run an HDMI cable to the back of your TV.  

Hope that was helpful to anyone interested in playing ROMS from other systems.  

Previous
Ok here is what I got to work so far:  2600, 5200, 7800, NES, SNES, GEN, GBA, PCE, GB, N64, NDS.

System recognized roms automatically.  No setup needed.  Bricking is no worry since the system automatically recognizes the roms/systems.
Simplest thing I've done in years! 
Directory:  So far recognizes only the one directory.  It does not recognize sub directories.  I filled the SD card up.  Should have done additional testing.

Going up and down goes through roms 1 at a time  - Left and Right goes through pages 1 at a time.  You cannot just hold it down.  Clicking through was a $%^#@.
I decided to use small SD cards and separate by groups.  Much easier to find what you want.
I hate lag too!!! When I used a plug in XBOX X controller there is no lag.  There was lag with wireless controller included, but I need to do additional testing.
I think it supports other systems too.  Time to find them!!
Have Fun! ThirdGenGamer

Edited by ThirdGenGamer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, ThirdGenGamer said:

Previous

System recognized roms automatically.  No setup needed.  Bricking is no worry since the system automatically recognizes the roms/systems.
Directory:  So far recognizes only the one directory.  It does not recognize sub directories.  I filled the SD card up.  Should have done additional testing.

Going up and down goes through roms 1 at a time  - Left and Right goes through pages 1 at a time.  You cannot just hold it down.  Clicking through was a $%^#@.
I decided to use small SD cards and separate by groups.  Much easier to find what you want.
I hate lag too!!! When I used a plug in XBOX X controller there is no lag.  There was lag with wireless controller included, but I need to do additional testing.
Have Fun! ThirdGenGamer

Thanks for the info, most appreciated

1 hour ago, ThirdGenGamer said:

Previous

Have Fun! ThirdGenGamer

That is good news.  Am def interested now.  Plus Costco has awesome return policy.