IGNORED

Gamestation Pro

Dr Karnov

Quick Update from Tests

Orig:
Ok here is what I got to work so far:  2600, 5200, 7800, NES, SNES, GEN, GBA, PCE, GB, N64, NDS.

Tests show:
4 systems do not load roms:  PCE/SNES/NDS and N64 🙁
1 System Added to list : GG
So that's 8 known systems - Not too bad 🙂
NTFS supported on SD cards.  (USE A Fast CARD!)

Edit:  So I thought of something else.  In order for your 2600 game to run it must have an extention of .a26 not bin.  Both sets exist.
Another example: 2 sets for 32X.  Sorry both sets don't work.  The fun continues...

So the system understands the following extentions: .N64,.PCE,.SNES,.NDS,.ISO (I have no idea what system is ISO- I've tested several.),.bin. 
In my opinion, this shows possible future updates or maybe it already exists and we don't know about it.  BIN acts a little different. 

The system will try to load a *.bin file.  I've tried all the *.bin files I can think of.  I will continue to test and keep you guys up to date.
-ThirdGenGamer

Edited by ThirdGenGamer
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for showing me that I needed to be more detailed from my original post Atariboy!

Before critiquing my post, you didn't bother reading the rest.
You don't understand because you haven't used one yet.  
I guess your Costco doesn't have them.

So the system understands the following extentions: .N64,.PCE,.SNES,.NDS,.ISO (I have no idea what system is ISO- I've tested several.),.bin. 
In my opinion, this shows possible future updates or maybe it already exists and we don't know about it.  BIN acts a little different. 

The system will try to load a *.bin file.  I've tried all the *.bin files I can think of.  I will continue to test and keep you guys up to date.

Hey, I just want to have fun and share with others.  If I need to take crap,  I'll hang out with my Mother-In-Law!

- ThirdGenGamer

Edited by ThirdGenGamer
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 4

6 hours ago, ThirdGenGamer said:

Previous
Ok here is what I got to work so far:  2600, 5200, 7800, NES, SNES, GEN, GBA, PCE, GB, N64, NDS.

System recognized roms automatically.  No setup needed.  Bricking is no worry since the system automatically recognizes the roms/systems.
Simplest thing I've done in years! 
Directory:  So far recognizes only the one directory.  It does not recognize sub directories.  I filled the SD card up.  Should have done additional testing.

Going up and down goes through roms 1 at a time  - Left and Right goes through pages 1 at a time.  You cannot just hold it down.  Clicking through was a $%^#@.
I decided to use small SD cards and separate by groups.  Much easier to find what you want.
I hate lag too!!! When I used a plug in XBOX X controller there is no lag.  There was lag with wireless controller included, but I need to do additional testing.
I think it supports other systems too.  Time to find them!!
Have Fun! ThirdGenGamer

Can you use the supplied wireless controller plugged into the console? Does this eliminate lag?

2 hours ago, ThirdGenGamer said:

Thanks for showing me that I needed to be more detailed from my original post Atariboy!

Before critiquing my post, you didn't bother reading the rest.
You don't understand because you haven't used one yet.  
I guess your Costco doesn't have them.

Hey, I just want to have fun and share with others.  If I need to take crap,  I'll hang out with my Mother-In-Law!

- ThirdGenGamer

Not a good way to start posting in the AA community after 6 posts! (even though signed up in 2013)  Lighten up.

paper-tissue.gif.45be11258ced72aa3f1b926fb81d528e.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Thanks, @ThirdGenGamer for your posts and good info.  I had the same question as @Atariboy.  I think perhaps you took offense where none was given.  Guys, shake hands and forget about it.  Let's talk about Atari.  

ThirdGenGamer wrote: "Directory:  So far recognizes only the one directory.  It does not recognize sub directories.  I filled the SD card up."  

So, if ROMS from different systems are to be placed into one directory, then to do like GenX Jon did in his video, perhaps to state something obvious, but in case anyone wouldn't have thought of it, a person might use a free batch file renaming tool to do the job.  So I mean if you have a folder on your computer full of NES ROMS, you could batch rename them like GenX Jon did like NES + a hyphen + filename.extension.  (Be sure to use the right extensions that ThirdGenGamer suggested.)  Then copy the renamed ROM files onto your SD card.  Repeat for each type of ROM.  Then, on the SD card, all of your ROMS will be in one directory, but when listed alphabetically, they will be grouped by system.  

Edited by Living Room Arcade
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ThirdGenGamer said:

- ThirdGenGamer

Geez, someone asking a question, and a reasonable one is a long way from giving you crap, calm down. this is how forums and open discussions work. 

• Like 3

No offense was intended. At worse I was out to kid you ever so slightly for how you had things listed. Like most people intrigued by this around here that haven't yet gotten their hands on one, I appreciated that we have someone in the forum community that is able to test one and post their findings. I was only seeking clarification on how something can be listed as working, yet is then also listed a second time as not working.

That on the surface isn't logical, so I assumed that you had some sort of testing methodology and would clarify what you meant by listing them as working when you explicitly stated that roms with those extensions aren't loading (i.e., are other extensions that you've tried and failed with not even attempting to load, and that's what differentiates non-working roms like .NDS from the other non-working roms, with you hopeful that might be an opportunity to eventually get these loading?).

And I don't have a Costco to stock or not have in stock an Atari Gamestation Pro. Costco limits themselves to significant urban centers in the US. Like most people living in the rural majority of the country, there isn't one close to me in upstate New York unless I drive three hours one way to Syracuse or Burlington (Or about two hours if I cross the St. Lawrence by ferry or bridge, with the Wikipedia map showing one in the Kingston Ontario area).

Like most, I've ordered one online and it will get here when it gets here.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

I also have no Costco unless I drive 48 miles or so...But it makes me wonder,...Is it decent?  Or is it like Sam's?  I've had a Sam's Club membership in the past, but...the place is Awful,...Hard to sugarcoat it.  I think I'd rather be poked with something sharp than go to Sam's...

• Confused 1

On 9/30/2023 at 5:59 AM, ThirdGenGamer said:

Quick Update from Tests

Orig:

Tests show:
4 systems do not load roms:  PCE/SNES/NDS and N64 🙁
1 System Added to list : GG
So that's 8 known systems - Not too bad 🙂
NTFS supported on SD cards.  (USE A Fast CARD!)

Edit:  So I thought of something else.  In order for your 2600 game to run it must have an extention of .a26 not bin.  Both sets exist.
Another example: 2 sets for 32X.  Sorry both sets don't work.  The fun continues...

-ThirdGenGamer

Does it run BigPEmu?

8 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

I also have no Costco unless I drive 48 miles or so...But it makes me wonder,...Is it decent?  Or is it like Sam's?  I've had a Sam's Club membership in the past, but...the place is Awful,...Hard to sugarcoat it.  I think I'd rather be poked with something sharp than go to Sam's...

You might want to call them and ask to speak to someone in that department assuming that's an option.   I went to my local Costco (not a special trip but rather I go monthly with a relative who has a membership) and it wasn't there and they hadn't even heard of it.   I didn't ask them to look up the SKU though.  As for Costco in general, I prefer it to Sam's (and I have both locally) except for the pizza.  The Sam's pizza and hotdogs are better IMO.  :)

• Thanks 1

He says N64 roms don't load, so presumably there's nothing to test out for performance on that end.

I'm not entirely sure how they're working yet also not working, but I take it that the system at least attempts to load them while other file extensions don't do anything. Sadly my teasing of him seems to have ended his involvement in the thread, so I assume we won't see any clarification on the matter until this reaches more people's hands.

• Like 3