IGNORED

I finished my Jaguar collection today

T.A.P.

It's taken me years to do, but I finally did it!

The last two games I wanted for the system arrived in the mail today, putting me up to 25 cartridges and 8 CD games.

All of them are complete, and a decent chunk of them were even still new when I purchased them.

It's just nice to finally have everything I want for the system.

Although maybe I'll reconsider some of those games I thought were duds...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, T.A.P. said:

It's taken me years to do, but I finally did it!

The last two games I wanted for the system arrived in the mail today, putting me up to 25 cartridges and 8 CD games.

All of them are complete, and a decent chunk of them were even still new when I purchased them.

It's just nice to finally have everything I want for the system.

Although maybe I'll reconsider some of those games I thought were duds...

Now you have made me curious of what the games are that you want(ed) for the system!

6 hours ago, Isgoed said:

Now you have made me curious of what the games are that you want(ed) for the system!

Here's what I have:

Cart:
Alien vs Predator
Breakout 2000 - The last cartridge I purchased
Cannon Fodder
Checkered Flag
Club Drive 
Cybermorph
Doom
Fight For Life
Flashback: The Quest for Identity
FlipOut!
Hover Strike
Iron Soldier
Kasumi Ninja
Pinball Fantasies
Raiden
Rayman
Ruiner Pinball
Super Burnout
Tempest 2000
Theme Park
Trevor McFur in the Crescent Galaxy
Ultra Vortek
Val d'Isère Skiing and Snowboarding
White Men Can't Jump
Wolfenstein 3D

CD:
Baldies
Battlemorph
Blue Lightning
Highlander: The Last of the MacLeods
Hover Strike: Unconquered Lands
Iron Soldier 2 - The last CD game I was after
Myst
Vid Grid

I've had a Jaguar since the mid 90s, when my dad got me one and a handful of games on clearance. That's how I was lucky enough to get some of the really pricey games like Rayman.

I used to have a few more games over the decades at one time or another, but sold them off for one reason or another:

Attack of the Mutant Penguins - had a junky cart-only copy. When I first played it as a kid, I had a ton of fun with it, when I tried playing it years later, it just felt too complicated and not very fun.
Brutal Sports Football - had a junky cart-only copy. I've considered getting another one, although the prices for it now make me reconsider that.
Evolution: Dino Dudes - had a junky cart-only copy. The game gets very dull and frustrating for me really fast. Although I still think of getting another one from time to time, when I see the going price for one, I stop.
Missile Command 3D - I wanted to like this one, it just doesn't click for me.
Power Drive Rally - It gets too hard, too fast for me, and just ends up super frustrating.
Towers II: Plight of the Stargazer - I wanted to like it, it just feels too clunky to me now as an adult. 
Troy Aikman NFL Football - Got it on clearance as a kid in the 90s. Was never really into sports games, so I sold it off in the early 2000s. I considered picking it up again, although the curret prices make me reconsider that.
Zool 2 - Got it on clearance as a kid in the 90s, and just never really liked it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, WesleyrpgAust said:

Congrats T.A.P i wish collecting for the Jaguar was as easy for me!

I've never even seen one in real life!

It's a fun system for me, since I have a lot of fond memories of playing one as a kid (my older brother got one in early / mid 1994 and collected almost every game for it, and I ended up getting my own console in 1995 during the grand clearance), but with the prices they go for these days, I can't really say it is worth hunting down any more.

• Like 2

In 2020, a friend (who is within five games of completing NES collection) noted my "sweet Jaguar collection," which had Defender 2000, Iron Soldier, Missile Command 3D, Hover Strike, Raiden, Ruiner Pinball, Power Drive Rally, Val d'Isère, Super Burnout, T2K, and Wolfenstein CIB, plus a few loose. I thought, crap, this is nowhere close to sweet.

No CD, but I rectified my pitiful state by having all official releases save Aircars and Atari Karts plus a slew of homebrews/post mortem releases. It had a fever, and the only cure was more Jag games.

• Like 3