IGNORED

Berzerk: Recharged - (in VCS Store)

marss

1 hour ago, Flyindrew said:

So last night I tried the classic controller with Berzerk Recharged and it did not go well. Soon after I had so much fun playing Danger Scavenger with classic controller, a game which should have the same control style as Berzerk. If the VCS team modified the classic controller on Berzerk to work just like Danger Scavenger, that would be fantastic. 

Danger Scavenger is such an amazing game to play with the classic controller and i agree if the developer could go back and make some adjustments to Berzerk Recharged so the classic controller aiming is sorted at a minimum it would be be awesome. I know the classic controller isn't ideal for Berzerk Recharged but it should atleast my usable. I'm not chasing high scores or anything anyway so i would atleast like the chance to see how i fair using the classic controller. I gave Berzerk a go with the modern controller and actually really enjoyed it in the end, so much so i changed my rating again for the game to 4 stars, its a really good solid game with the correct controller but we where promised classic joystick support and that's what we should get, how difficult would it be for them to patch the game and fix aiming for the classic joystick.

Edited by Atari_JaguarVCS

10 hours ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

There's a new update dropped for the game that fixes the aiming with the spinner on the classic joystick! I've got to say that was quite a quick turn around getting the update out which i really appreciate, the game is brutal with the classic joystick but it playable and i absolutely love it now, definetaly more Yars type with the aiming for sure. I've almost beaten my high score using the classic joystick already. I just seem to do better with a joystick over a controller at times it was the same with Quantum Recharged i got a better high score using the joystick over the controller 😅

I  got a chance to try this with the updated classic controller support, and this makes a huge difference for me. Berserk Recharged still has a few rough edges, but I had a lot of fun playing it with the joystick. It should have worked from the start, but kudos to Atari for putting out a relatively quick fix for the issues. My overall impression is way more positive after the patch.

• Like 4

As of the filming of this review, Vinnie Vineyard (aka Funkmaster V) was THE NUMBER ONE GEEZER on the Atari VCS Berzerk Recharged leaderboards, making this review the most important and credible of all reviews that have ever been scribed in the history of this country and quite possible the world. This former Stern Electronics maze shooter has been polished up by Atari and Sneakybox... but did they scrub it up, too much??? Its available on Xbox, PS4/ PS5/ Steam and the Atari VCS  TODAY FOR CHEAP #atarivcs  #atari #berzerk #retrogaming #reviews 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8i_JMcU1Y8

berzerk recharged thumb.png

• Like 2

Atari 7800 Forever Podcast-
Nov 17th 2023 at 7:30PM EST

Silverback and Funkmaster V discuss what may be the biggest Atari release for a hot minute- Berzerk Recharged, and then compares it to Bob Decrescenzo'd (Pac Man Plus) version of Frenzy/ Berzerk for the 7800. They also guess the life span of the Atari VCS after collecting some clues that have dropped. Neo Sprint is updated, Pac-Jason and Lava Lamps and 8 Track Theatre is reviewed. #atari #atari7800 #atarivcs

• Like 1

Looks like another update has just dropped for this game! I've updated and checked it out and the robot voices are much louder now 😃. I'm so glad this update happened. I'm really in a good place with Berzerk Recharged its shaped up to be one of my favorite Recharged games to date after me getting off to a bad start with the game due to the Classic Joystick issues on release, that where quickly resolved. Great game 

• Like 2

On 11/17/2023 at 5:26 AM, justclaws said:

I enjoyed this balanced review too. (For the record, I really love this game.)

Thanks for posting that review @justclaws. I think it sums up my feelings really well. There are still some issues/ hang-ups (I wish there were more/ more different missions and the glitch when you enter a new room and your character freaks out for a second is pretty annoying). That said, the update that fixes classic controller support has been awesome. I love how this controls now, and it has been my "go-to" game pretty much since the first update. It's still one of the more uneven Recharged titles, but it grown on me a lot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For me, this game is one of the better examples of using the classic controller. The twist function is utilized well and makes the game a lot of fun to control (which makes it all the more surprising that it didn't work correctly at release). I admittedly haven't played on anything but my VCS, but I think the classic controller makes the VCS port the definitive version of this game.

• Like 2

After the shenanigans of the zip code error were (seemingly) resolved, I was finally able to buy this beauty on the VCS. When I wasn't able to, I did buy it on Steam, but I love playing Atari games on an Atari, so I bought it again. I think this is a great game, in fact I was the first person to leave a positive review on it in the Steam store. I own Berzerk for the 2600 and I like how the Recharged game took the basics of that game and added a lot of new flavor to it. I didn't yearn for something exactly like the original, when the original looks incredible upscaled to HD anyway, I wanted something new and fresh, and that's what Berzerk Recharged gives us. (besides, we have Ultra Mission on the VCS, which is very Berzerk-ish) While I was in there, I also bought Berzerk: 2600 because why not? Lots of fun, especially with the Wireless Classic Joystick. Berzerk Rechaged, meanwhile, wasn't so good with that controller. I saw it was "compatible," and I was like "Really?" I've played hours of this game on the PC, so I was curious if it would change the twin stick aspect to a single stick. I may have to work at it some more, but so far I like it better with the modern controller.

Edited by scifidude79
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2023 at 7:53 PM, Mockduck said:

Berzerk: Recharged - In my opinion a rare miss for the series:

https://youtu.be/tVUwlyzvSRo

Yeah I totally get this take. However, the more I've played it, the more I like it, it's just that's it's such a baffling choice in terms of the overall look. This game absolutely needs that Gemoetry Wars, saturated color, lots of bloom style graphical look ala Tron. As is, it looks like a cheap flash game.

But in terms of how it actually plays, it's pretty good fun once I got over how poorly it comes across in the looks department. Missed opportunity for me. Felt similarly about Gravitar. Liked the game, disliked the look.