IGNORED

Berzerk: Recharged - (in VCS Store)

marss

I like the key-art style sprites and artwork.

It's a nice change in the look of the Recharged Series.

It hasn't gone down well with others.

This isn't the first game to take a different approach, as Gravitar also has its own unique visual style.

Maybe ATARI should consider a option to play this version, and a version with the vector and neon styling that has become synonymous with the Recharged Series for their games going forward.

A modern remaster of the original arcade game would be a superb inclusion, and would add real wieght to Berzerk:Recharged as a package

Edited by Gunther

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Ettinsoft said:

Oh man, i got to play a bit of this at the Portland convention and it was so awesome!

I absolutely loved the new enemies and controls, and evil otto is way cooler this time around.

Definitely the first game im gonna buy when i get a vcs. 🤖

It's great you were able to play this in Portland. Were you able to play it on an actual VCS there? I was curious if it controls well (or at all) with the classic controller.

• Like 1

Its nice to hear Berzerk Recharged is awesome 😀 all of the Recharged games have been awesome so far in my opinion, but it's still nice to hear Berzerk Recharged is shaping up to be the same as i know a few people had concerns about how it could turn out. If the game launches 11/9 on the Nintendo Switch its probably a safe bet the Atari VCS version will launch along side it. I'm really looking forward to this one. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RollOut said:

It's great you were able to play this in Portland. Were you able to play it on an actual VCS there? I was curious if it controls well (or at all) with the classic controller.

So that was one of the first things i tried, and it was kinda... rough. They did what they could with their limitations,  but twisting the joystick to aim while moving it to move is a nightmare. If aiming still worked like classic berzerk it would work, but there is 360 aiming now so its the best they could do.

I appreciate the fact there are atleast adding Classic Joystick support for the game, hopefully its not a case of its rough and never going to be playable with the Classic Joystick and its more a case of its rough but it can be overcome by playing the game more with the Classic Joystick and getting a feel for it and of course getting used to playing the game that way. There's a few games I've found a bit awkward at first using the joystick and spinner but with time i got used to it and never looked back! I remember i used to struggle with Thrustlander using the Classic and spinner but i got really good in the end 🙂. I'm sure Atari will tweak and tidy up things for the launch of the game or if it controls that bad with the Classic Joystick remove support for it with this one.

1 hour ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

I appreciate the fact there are atleast adding Classic Joystick support for the game, hopefully its not a case of its rough and never going to be playable with the Classic Joystick and its more a case of its rough but it can be overcome by playing the game more with the Classic Joystick and getting a feel for it and of course getting used to playing the game that way. There's a few games I've found a bit awkward at first using the joystick and spinner but with time i got used to it and never looked back! I remember i used to struggle with Thrustlander using the Classic and spinner but i got really good in the end 🙂. I'm sure Atari will tweak and tidy up things for the launch of the game or if it controls that bad with the Classic Joystick remove support for it with this one.

Totally agree with you. Honestly, I feel they should keep the classic controls in so i can just adjust to them and enjoy the game on the OG joystick. If we can manage to get our game Circus Interstellar on the VCS down the road we are definitely going to make the classic joystick work with it. Our game is a Berzerk spiritual successor so it would definitely scratch that itch if everything works out! 🙂

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ettinsoft said:

Totally agree with you. Honestly, I feel they should keep the classic controls in so i can just adjust to them and enjoy the game on the OG joystick. If we can manage to get our game Circus Interstellar on the VCS down the road we are definitely going to make the classic joystick work with it. Our game is a Berzerk spiritual successor so it would definitely scratch that itch if everything works out! 🙂

I haven't heard of Circus Interstellar before but I've just looked it up on Steam and WOW It looks so much fun and it would be amazing to get this on the Atari VCS and an extra bonus if it has Classic Joystick support 😅 I'm going to download the Circus Interstellar demo and give it a try on my Steam Deck, ill end up buying the game on Steam as well as on the Atari VCS when and if it comes out on it. 

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

I haven't heard of Circus Interstellar before but I've just looked it up on Steam and WOW It looks so much fun and it would be amazing to get this on the Atari VCS and an extra bonus if it has Classic Joystick support 😅 I'm going to download the Circus Interstellar demo and give it a try on my Steam Deck, ill end up buying the game on Steam as well as on the Atari VCS when and if it comes out on it. 

Oh wow thank you! 🥰 Im super stoked to work on a VCS port eventually, hopefully sooner than later. Will definitely post here if we do!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/20/2023 at 3:17 PM, Ettinsoft said:

Oh wow thank you! 🥰 Im super stoked to work on a VCS port eventually, hopefully sooner than later. Will definitely post here if we do!

Curious, can you get the Atari Classic Joystick working on the Steam Version?  Ha, I was just thinking it would be cool to get a blue tooth dongle for the Atari 8bit /c64 to work with the classic joystic...

I find twisting the joystick while still using the stick to move very difficult.  I don't particularly enjoy using the Classic Joystick in Yars: Recharged.  If you like playing Yars: Recharged with the Joystick, Berzerk: Recharged will be a similar play style.  With all the enemies swarming around you, the twin-stick shooter style of the Modern Controller works best for me.

Edited by davpa
grammar
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really mind the looks of the new game, i thought it looked kinda cool but i can see how its a mixed bag if people like it or not. Maybe a small update to the game in the future could allow the skin to be changed. I think as long as the gameplay is fun that's the main thing for me. I'm looking forward to picking this up tomorrow and using the Classic Joystick to play it for sure, it should be a challenge 😅

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

I'm looking forward to picking this up tomorrow and using the Classic Joystick to play it for sure, it should be a challenge

This might be the thing that salvages the game for me.  I was probably going to get it anyway because it's $10 and I have all the others anyway, so how bad could it really be?  If the classic controller support is good, that could make a big difference in the enjoyment of it.  A lot of games have not done so great with it.  Breakout, of all games, does not have good classic support.  Yars and Gravitar do, though Gravitar is already tough enough as it is.

• Like 1