IGNORED

Xenowings

davidcalgary29

On 10/15/2023 at 5:43 AM, davidcalgary29 said:

Okay, I got to play Xenowings here at PRGE, and it's awesome. Does anyone know if it will support use of rotary controllers? The Jag directional pad just wasn't responsive enough for me.

Watching the trailer this game looks great :)

What do you mean with the responsiveness of the directional pad, is it the movement-speed of the ship? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Isgoed said:

Watching the trailer this game looks great :)

What do you mean with the responsiveness of the directional pad, is it the movement-speed of the ship? 

Response time felt a bit sluggish with the pad. This may be less of a hardware issue than an anatomical issue of having to waggle the directional pad with one hand while saving the other fire firing (and, presumably, powerups). I had just been playing Tempest in the PRGE Arcade (a lot), and thought how nice it would be to have the minute directional changes that are possible on a dial with a fast-moving game like this.

Edited by davidcalgary29

I think what he means is that the ship is a bit slow, but I'm pretty sure it's because the original game is like that, and for our modern shoot'em up standards it can feel a bit weird. I played the  original space invaders arcade at my office the other day and while still fun, that's exactly the feeling I got, why my ship is  moving so damn slow!

Edited by LordKraken
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, LordKraken said:

I think what he means is that the ship is a bit slow, but I'm pretty sure it's because the original game is like that, and for our modern shoot'em up standards it can feel a bit weird. I played the  original space invaders arcade at my office the other day and while still fun, that's exactly the feeling I got, why my ship is  moving so damn slow!

Okay, this too. :D

I guess Caravan is a timed mode (usually 1 or 2 minutes) to make the best score, like some game modes on the PC Engine.

If so, this is a great idea, I regret for month not to have included a Caravan mode in Raid on TriCity

Edited by Fadest
  • Thanks 1

As I downloaded and played the demo just recently, I have to say that I like this game very much.

The graphic style is great and the little details too, as the color of your bullets change according to the underlying background and the little dots that remain when you shoot an enemy.

Ship movement is slow indeed, but it matches the pace of the game/movement so as a whole it plays very well imo, this is in 60Hz. mode

In 50Hz. it's a different experience, the gamespeed is a lot slower, and so much that the action takes a big hit and is not much fun to play, IMO.

Also as the screen shrinks in size, there is a huge black bar below the display, and not above as if it is not vertically centered.

This demo is almost 6 months(?) old, so I can imagine that changes for the final release have been made.