IGNORED

AtariLink ][ questions

rickcollette

Weird. "2" is the numeric response for "RING." The modem should have been set up to auto answer.

I was going to go through some long debugging steps, but in the end I think we might as well just pretend it's a 1030.

893 INPUT #C2,L$:IF L$="2" THEN ? #C2;"ATA{^}m";:GOTO 820
894 INPUT #C2,L$:BAUD$=L$:? L$:IF L$<>"1" AND L$<>"5" AND L$<>"10" AND L$<>"12" AND L$<>"15" AND L$<>"16" THEN 820
895 GOSUB 8953
896 POKE 77,I:? "{esc}{clear}";:TRAP ETR:POKE 752,O:POKE 82,O:POKE C7,O:GOSUB 481:U=-I:GOSUB SF:MSE=O

Replace the carat contained text in 893 with CTRL-M. Replace the {esc}{clear} in 896 with a clear screen character.

This way, if the modem sends a "RING" message, the BBS will send the answer command in case the auto-answer is screwed up.

31 minutes ago, Pab said:

Grrr.

Line 905: L$="CONNECT"

Change L$ to F$.

Did this - still cannot connect to the bbs

Changed the connectivity options per yours and amis suggestions.

My goal is to be in parity with what you are doing in altirra - then once this works, see if i can get it going on a 130xe

The connection and handshaking over Telnet converted to modem by Altirra can take a while. I've had to wait 30 seconds or more to connect. Are you giving it enough time?

Weird thought: if you're running Altirra on PC for the BBS, can you connect through Bobterm running on Atari800Mac?

5 hours ago, Pab said:

The connection and handshaking over Telnet converted to modem by Altirra can take a while. I've had to wait 30 seconds or more to connect. Are you giving it enough time?

Weird thought: if you're running Altirra on PC for the BBS, can you connect through Bobterm running on Atari800Mac?

I let it sit for about a minute just in case - no go.

I did try from the mac - no go there either.

I am pretty much convinced at this point that I am just not configuring something properly.
Nothing makes you feel humbled like 40 year old tech kicking you in the (insert sensitive area here)

4 hours ago, rickcollette said:

So - other than Me, Pab, and AMIS - has anyone else tried this? Im trying to figure out where im going wrong.

Pab and I dabbled with it quite awhile back, but I just haven't had the opportunity.

We've set up special instances of the Zoom meet in the past to look at specific things, we could always do that again if we agree on a time.  More of a "working session".

11 hours ago, Tillek said:

Pab and I dabbled with it quite awhile back, but I just haven't had the opportunity.

We've set up special instances of the Zoom meet in the past to look at specific things, we could always do that again if we agree on a time.  More of a "working session".

I would LOVE that - 1) To get my stuff working. and B) because I wanna build externals for it - games, etc...

4 hours ago, Pab said:

When we pick a date/time, I'll post a new build here so we're all working on the same page.

I'm thinking tomorrow is a little early notice in case some people other than us are interested.  How about the 17th? 3pm eastern?  (Or propose an alternate).  I think we're all eastern?  It will also give us time to promote it a bit during the 3rd Friday call (12/15 at 8pm Eastern).

And you read my mind on the newest build Pab! :)

If both of you are good with this, I'll create the meeting and post the link (and spread the news around) :)

New build, 2023-12-17

Changes since last build:

* When using SELECT key to log in locally, will now wait for all console keys to be released before performing local login. Avoids accidentally banning your own account.
    * Y2K compliance: Years from 80-99 assumed to be 20th century, all others 21st.
    * Deletes DOORPASS on successful return from external program, preventing perma-log of last user.
    * Fix to FTX crashing under Altirra BASIC.

(Note: no configuration file changes have been made so you will not have to reinstall or run a converter program. Just copy these files over top of your existing install.)

Link201X-231217-alpha.atr