IGNORED

AtariLink ][ questions

rickcollette

4 hours ago, Pab said:

New build, 2023-12-17

Changes since last build:

* When using SELECT key to log in locally, will now wait for all console keys to be released before performing local login. Avoids accidentally banning your own account.
    * Y2K compliance: Years from 80-99 assumed to be 20th century, all others 21st.
    * Deletes DOORPASS on successful return from external program, preventing perma-log of last user.
    * Fix to FTX crashing under Altirra BASIC.

(Note: no configuration file changes have been made so you will not have to reinstall or run a converter program. Just copy these files over top of your existing install.)

Link201X-231217-alpha.atr 179.64 kB · 2 downloads

With this version, I was able to run it in altirra 4.10, using the altirra firmware and altirra basic.  also setup with default settings for 850, modem at 19200,a default 130xe

My next try will be on actual hardware :)

I am soooo happy.

2 hours ago, rickcollette said:

With this version, I was able to run it in altirra 4.10, using the altirra firmware and altirra basic.  also setup with default settings for 850, modem at 19200,a default 130xe

My next try will be on actual hardware :)

I am soooo happy.

It was nice we had a chance to try it on your real hardware as well after that.

I'd say the working session concept has proven to be good so far... we'll have to do more of them!  Plus, we found a few more issues that Pab can get an earlier start on.  Really looking forward to the follow up working session on this (which we'll post the information for as soon as we agree on a time).

Had a great time.  Thank you all for attending.

Figured out one thing. The modem isn't getting the initialization string if there is an existing connection.

Easy fix:

32093 O.#2,13,0,"R:":X.36,#2,DBAUD,0,"R:":X.40,#C2,O,O,"R:":GOS.TWOSEC:?#2;"+++";:GOS.TWOSEC:? #2;"ATM0HV0X2Q0E0S0=1^M";

Replacing the ^M with a CTRL-M character.

Edited by Pab
V0 instead of V1

21 hours ago, Tillek said:

It was nice we had a chance to try it on your real hardware as well after that.

I'd say the working session concept has proven to be good so far... we'll have to do more of them!  Plus, we found a few more issues that Pab can get an earlier start on.  Really looking forward to the follow up working session on this (which we'll post the information for as soon as we agree on a time).

Had a great time.  Thank you all for attending.

Yeah, got there late but still enjoyed it.  :)

• 1 month later...

Why use pause +++ pause AT<command> when drop DTR and/or CD drop followed by pause normally drops modem into command or standby modes?

curiosity. Avoiding esc sequences normally keeps transfers and screens containing such codes (or devious callers) from tripping up the modem and BBS

Edited by _The Doctor__

1 hour ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Why use pause +++ pause AT<command> when drop DTR and/or CD drop followed by pause normally drops modem into command or standby modes?

curiosity. Avoiding esc sequences normally keeps transfers and screens containing such codes (or devious callers) from tripping up the modem and BBS

I believe it originally had to do with the drivers for the SX212 modem, which is what I used to develop Version 2.0. If not that, there was at least one modem that I had reports of not dropping into command with a DTR drop.

Perhaps that modem needed configuration or the modem was sub standard, I used the SX 212 and it worked with DTR etc. but I also used MIO, BB, P:R:, and 850interface bitd. I did use SX 212 via serial and think the modem did work as expected with terminal programs, would have to check again today.