IGNORED

When will there be a scheduled firmware update for the 2600+?

swlovinist

2 hours ago, Dr Karnov said:

I told myself I was going to have a short break from ordering carts but I ordered another 5 today!

After TRESHOLD PAL (local order), Stargunner NTSC sold from the UK is my second Christmas order🤙

Not sure if I try to get Laser Gates in addition to the Quelle hack Weltraum Tunnel.

Instead of Gas Hog I am looking for Mars Patrouille from Quelle😊

Edited by DEANJIMMY
  • Like 3

On 12/21/2023 at 4:57 PM, Ben from Plaion said:

I wrote a list on the main thread a while back with what was being done. We stuck to that.

Dr Karnov has been posting little bits of his tests with builds he's been getting. It's all just coming together now, particularly 7800 emulation and cartridge compatibility.

So Asteroids Deluxe will work ? 

6 hours ago, DEANJIMMY said:

After TRESHOLD PAL (local order), Stargunner NTSC sold from the UK is my second Christmas order🤙

Not sure if I try to get Laser Gates in addition to the Quelle hack Weltraum Tunnel.

Instead of Gas Hog I am looking for Mars Patrouille from Quelle😊

I bought Threshold and I am awaiting it's arrival. Stargunner looks really good. It's now on the list of games I hadn't heard of but will try on an emulator and see if should pursue a cart purchase.

Laser Gates is also in the post, somewhere. 🤣

I've not tried the others, but will do. 

Everyone, please share any lesser known gems that should be played/cart sought out.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

I bought Threshold and I am awaiting it's arrival. Stargunner looks really good. It's now on the list of games I hadn't heard of but will try on an emulator and see if should pursue a cart purchase.

Laser Gates is also in the post, somewhere. 🤣

I've not tried the others, but will do. 

Everyone, please share any lesser known gems that should be played/cart sought out.

As far as Pac-Man clones go, I really like Jaw Breaker. Ikari Warriars (a pretty late release) is really good too. Both are working on my 2600+

IMG_2773.jpg

IMG_2778.jpg

IMG_2784.jpg

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Apparently every single retail and homebrew 7800 game works with the update, including Rikki and Vikki.

I've got a revised build this morning and sent it on for checks.

Exciting news. My 7800 carts are looking forward to the update. 

IMG_2793.jpg

IMG_2791.jpg

IMG_2790.jpg

• Like 12

13 hours ago, Dr Karnov said:

I told myself I was going to have a short break from ordering carts but I ordered another 5 today!

Update! I have a problem. 

Today, on Christmas day, all presents opened with the missus and little one, I opened eBay. 🤦🏻

5 more carts on the way from Germany. 😬🤷🏻😁🤪

Help me! 

• Haha 4

52 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Apparently every single retail and homebrew 7800 game works with the update, including Rikki and Vikki.

I've got a revised build this morning and sent it on for checks.

What! AMAZING WORK!.

(Checking the calendar... It is not Fools Day! Yay!)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AtariLeaf said:

@Ben from Plaion

Do you know if the phantom hyperspace issue in 7800 asteroids was addressed where some people, like myself, have reported random warps with no button press, using a 2 button controller?

Don't know, I only have a limited number of carts here, and when I travel to the archive they have around 300 original carts, no homebrew.

I would take a guess, looking at the patch notes though and say everything 7800 should be the best it can be, so we'll see soon if your reported glitch is fixed.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Apparently, this was the final game that needed rectifying in the last couple of days.

CORRECTION. There is something with how Attack of the PETSCII Robots loads that isn't compatible with 2600+, apologies for that.

It works on the emulator side, but the dumper does not be able to access the HALT line, therefore we are unable to dump all of the necessary banks

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Hey guys,

Merry Xmas to all !

I got my Atari 2600+ this morning and just saw my Circus Convoy cart will be working with it after a system update.

Forgive me if my question looks stupid but how will the update be done ?

Is there a way to connect the Atari 2600+ to the internet or to a computer to perform the update ?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Gsparis said:

Hey guys,

Merry Xmas to all !

I got my Atari 2600+ this morning and just saw my Circus Convoy cart will be working with it after a system update.

Forgive me if my question looks stupid but how will the update be done ?

Is there a way to connect the Atari 2600+ to the internet or to a computer to perform the update ?

There's no way to connect the 2600+ to the internet. As far as I know, you download the update file to your computer, plug the 2600+ into your system using the provided USB-C to USB-A cable, then somehow flash the file to the system. I'm sure Ben will have more specific instructions once they release the file.

Edited by scifidude79
  • Like 2