IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 3:30 PM, MrChickenz said:

My PAL CIB Still sealed has arrived! The reason I purchased the PAL version is that the NTSC versions were $49.00 and up for CIB.

Some were sealed, some said new but they were opened and not as good condition the boxes had damage. So I went with the PAL for $25.00. 

I figure if the colors are off it doesn’t matter. So what if my character has a different color shirt, skateboard or hair! It was the 80’s. Lol!

IMG_0312.jpeg

Looking at this cover again, I love how 80s it is. 

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

The PAL game plays in black and white on my AV modded 7800.  It doesn't bother me as long as the game works.  Although I do prefer to have color.  Playing the game using my custom gamepad is better for me on this game.  Also, the game has auto fire which I like. 

What is this mystery PAL game?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Intellivision Master said:

I got my PAL game today.  It doesn't work on the 2600+  I tried inserting the cart and it will not go into the cart slot at all.  I thought it would work.  What's weird is, I put the cart in my 7800 and it had no issue.  The game actually works on my 7800.  I didn't know PAL games ran on an NTSC 7800.

I'm glad the game works.  The only other cart I own that doesn't fit in the cart slot of the 2600+ is that multi-cart I got with 4 games on it.  I must play that on my 7800.  Later on I'll post a photo of the PAL game & manual. 

I had a similar issue with a white label cart of Enduro, the opposite thou. Won't fit in the original VCS, thou works on the 2600+.

I guess original carts maybe shape and get used to whichever console it gets inserted to more frequently.

• Like 2

20240508_125826.thumb.jpg.dcd36fe2eb095b38f8c8f4a4f97b9a98.jpg

Here's the PAL game.  It's not a bad shooter.  I think it's decent.  There are no game variations or difficulty settings.  The manual is very simple.  But it's good to have it anyway.  As JetmanUK would say; RTFM.  Lol.

It's nice to have a PAL game in the collection.  As it's my only one.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

20240508_125826.thumb.jpg.dcd36fe2eb095b38f8c8f4a4f97b9a98.jpg

Here's the PAL game.  It's not a bad shooter.  I think it's decent.  There are no game variations or difficulty settings.  The manual is very simple.  But it's good to have it anyway.  As JetmanUK would say; RTFM.  Lol.

It's nice to have a PAL game in the collection.  As it's my only one.

Ah IT IS one of the black label games I was talking about. The prongs do not like the 2600 Plus socket at all. I have this game, now with one prong, and no flimsy manual.😋

• Like 2

On 5/8/2024 at 5:58 PM, MrChickenz said:

@Intellivision Master Whats this? Mission 3000 I never heard of it. You say it’s pretty good? That’s great you have a PAL game!

It's interesting.  Kinda reminds me of Basconian.  You can play Mission 3000 online for free.  https://www.free80sarcade.com/atari2600_Mission3000.php

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Ah IT IS one of the black label games I was talking about. The prongs do not like the 2600 Plus socket at all. I have this game, now with one prong, and no flimsy manual.😋

I thought the game would work on the Plus because the seller said it works on that and the Retron 77.  I don't have the Retron 77 to test the cart with.  Too bad it doesn't fit in the cart slot on the Plus.  I'm not sure what the US version of this game is if there is one?  I'm glad it works on my 7800 though.  It's good having an original console for times like this.  I did tell the seller about the cart not working on the Plus.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

My other game is coming today.  It's loose, no manual.  Which is fine.  Most of my collection is loose carts anyway.  

Same here! Most of my collection is loose carts and most are my originals. I only recently started collecting a few CIB that includes new Homebrews and used originals. I have 30 CIB that includes my homebrews. I still buy loose carts online and at my local game store. I’m looking forward to see what Atari will release CIB. I’ll most definitely be looking at buying New Atari releases. I don’t plan on getting used CIB unless it’s a really good deal or it’s a game I really like and a good price. I’m fine with my collection of loose carts!

Looking for to seeing what you have arriving today!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

I’m looking forward to see what Atari will release CIB. I’ll most definitely be looking at buying New Atari releases.

Me too.  I've heard talk of these other multi-carts that Ben mentioned.  Hopefully they get revealed soon.  I wonder how many different multi-carts they'll end up releasing?  I know they already came out with 2 multi-carts.  I have the 10in1.  I skipped the 4in1 from the paddle bundle. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

Me too.  I've heard talk of these other multi-carts that Ben mentioned.  Hopefully they get revealed soon.  I wonder how many different multi-carts they'll end up releasing?  I know they already came out with 2 multi-carts.  I have the 10in1.  I skipped the 4in1 from the paddle bundle. 

He mentioned a two game cart re-release, I think that points to Centipede and Millipede on a single cart. Just a guess. 

Further back he also said there was another enhanced game in development too. This was around the time that the three 7800 games were announced. Hopefully this has moved along quite well and is it a lot closer now. 

• Like 2

20240509_175522.thumb.jpg.58e2e955db6895447a3e1b85898f8ace.jpg

This arrived today.  It didn't work at first.  I had to clean the cart twice.  I never had to clean a 2600 cart until now.  I'm glad I was able to get it working.  I took a chance buying the game because the seller said it worked when last played.  But they had no console to test it on.  

Anyway, I like the game.  I've played it before as a ROM.  Now I have the physical cart.  My only complaint is those toy planes set you back at the start of the level if they hit you.  I know you can duck to avoid them.  It's all about the timing.

I own 2 Activision games.  River Raid is on a multicart.  Keystone Kapers is the only official Activision cart I have at the moment.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Keystone Kapers is a Great Game! You really picked a good one! That is my go to game still to this day. I first bought mine back in the early 80’s when I owned an Atari Clone the Coleco Gemini which I purchased at Sears. It was my first Atari system. Take a good look at the controller my score was much higher on that system because of the controller. It had a built in paddle which worked well but the original Atari paddles were the best. 

If you can do 7800 emulation check out Keystone Koppers by Muddyvision

IMG_0344.jpeg

IMG_0341.jpeg

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 2

Today's arrivals. Two early carts, one CIB, both NTSC. I like to put my boxes in these clear cases, not only do they protect them I think they look better too.

IMG_20240510_103424.thumb.jpg.97866ca7bd6d4d488b2a27416280b2a5.jpg

As you know, I have already RTFM for Slot Machine, and I now have an original one for Bowling too. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

Keystone Kapers is a Great Game! You really picked a good one! That is my go to game still to this day. I first bought mine back in the early 80’s when I owned an Atari Clone the Coleco Gemini which I purchased at Sears. It was my first Atari system. Take a good look at the controller my score was much higher on that system because of the controller. It had a built in paddle which worked well but the original Atari paddles were the best. 

If you can do 7800 emulation check out Keystone Koppers by Muddyvision

IMG_0344.jpeg

IMG_0341.jpeg

I've never seen one of these before, very cool.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

I've never seen one of these before, very cool.

Let me tell you that joystick controller is very responsive! I remember playing Keystone Kapers on this console with really good gameplay!

Edited by MrChickenz