IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

31 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Thanks for the update. It does look good in your screenshot.

So you buy from here? Are the international costs that are added on not to bad then? Or are you just biting the bullet!? It is temping.

I am going to try and wait until they realise that Atari is an intertnational brand...

Oh which joystick is that?

I've been tempted to order but just under £60 for a single cart with shipping seems a lot

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Karnov said:

I'm really hoping we get UK distribution for AtariAge products this year. They are selling official Atari carts on Amazon UK for an affordable price, so it's definitely possible 

I hope they add distribution to the UK this year too. You guys deserve to get in on some sweet Atari homebrew action too. The 2600+ has had a strong showing in the UK for sure and Atari owns AtariAge now, so hopefully they'll make it happen.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JetmanUK said:

Thanks for the update. It does look good in your screenshot.

So you buy from here? Are the international costs that are added on not to bad then? Or are you just biting the bullet!? It is temping.

I am going to try and wait until they realise that Atari is an intertnational brand...

Oh which joystick is that?

It is quite expensive to ship it to Germany too.

Example: Popeye did cost 60$

Shipping 26,95$

In total 80€

Still OK but customs charge you 80€ x 19% tax = 15€ and DHL to handle it 6€.

In total 101€

In the past I had to travel to customs on my own and queue up, so the 6€ are OK.

They ask you whats inside the packet to declare it. Well try to explain a 24 years old what an Atarivox is 😂

Of course you can order more games together to save money on shipping, but over 150€ (games plus shipping) I have to pay toll on top.

So it is a trade off, which and how many games you order in one go.

The Joystick is the old model of an 8bitdo Arcade stick.
I replaced their stick with the Seimitsu LS-32 which I use since 1987 and put Sanwa buttons on.

I bought it for my Nintendo Switch but it has got an X Input and D Input mode as well, so I use it on the 8bitdo Genesis receiver, which is connected to a Mega7800.

On my Raspi Retropie I use it with an USB cable, as the blutooth registration ist no fun on that linux.

There is an successor available
https://www.amazon.de/8Bitdo-Arcade-Nintendo-Switch-Windows/dp/B08GJC5WSS?th=1

But I never put hands on this one. Probably I would replace stick and buttons but depending on your needs you might be happy with it.

For player two I built another DIY aracade stick with 9pol cable. By two switches I can select between 2nd button for C64, Amiga and 7800 🙂

20211127_114541.jpg

20211127_114519.jpg

Edited by DEANJIMMY
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Yep, we are kindred spirits in this! 🙌🏻

My Room of Doom from Australia has landed today. A clean will be required, then I'll try it out after work. 

Let us know what you think of it, and which variation you enjoy the most. At the moment, I'm a 'game 5' man

• Like 1

On 12/14/2023 at 12:56 PM, Ben from Plaion said:

I distictly remember saying I want to re-issue all of these for 2600+, foil packaging in all - a man can dream right?

I can put you in touch with someone about that…

On 12/14/2023 at 1:23 PM, Brad_from_the_80s said:

Activision owns the Imagic games, and there's been a license in place for several Activision and Imagic 2600 games on the AtGames Flashback units in recent years.  There was even an Atari Flashback 8 Activision Edition a few years ago.  It seems like something could be done, if the financials would work.

That’s not true.  Activision does not own the rights to the Imagic games.  When I was working for Intellivision Entertainment in the beginning of the Amico stuff - before everything went sideways, which is another story that we don’t need to get into here (I left the company in 2021) - we located the actual rights holder and had an agreement in place to remake the Imagic titles.

And yes, Activision has released some Imagic titles over the years, but that was due to an arrangement with said rights holder too.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, nurmix said:

I can put you in touch with someone about that…

That’s not true.  Activision does not own the rights to the Imagic games.  When I was working for Intellivision Entertainment in the beginning of the Amico stuff - before everything went sideways, which is another story that we don’t need to get into here (I left the company in 2021) - we located the actual rights holder and had an agreement in place to remake the Imagic titles.

And yes, Activision has released some Imagic titles over the years, but that was due to an arrangement with said rights holder too.

Oh that's very interesting.  Well clearly Activision has had some publishing rights for some time, but sounds like Plaion/Atari would not have to deal with them in this case.

1 hour ago, Intellivision Master said:

I thought you meant a new version of Dark Cavern.  It would be nice if an updated version came out either on 2600 or 7800.  Also, I like Dungeon Stalker.  I play it on my 7800.  

Im up for a new version too! I have praised the game enought here. Haha

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, shane857 said:

I may buy a couple of homebrew atari 2600/7800 carts from atariage store on ebay UK. Can anyone recommend some good titles?

I have Raptor for the 2600.  It works fine on the 2600+.  No need to update the console.  The game is fun but challenging.  I like it.

Edited by Intellivision Master
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

I thought you meant a new version of Dark Cavern.  It would be nice if an updated version came out either on 2600 or 7800.  Also, I like Dungeon Stalker.  I play it on my 7800.  

I can confirm that Dungeon Stalker works with the 2600+.

• Like 3

On 1/7/2024 at 9:05 AM, sramirez2008 said:

I did not try it in V1.1. I’ll have to get back to testing that version.

Just tested Tac-Scan with v1.1 and the ROM loads, but the paddles are not working/supported.