IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

I must be getting old…

Going through some bookshelves and came upon something I had completely forgotten about. 43 Atari games that I was not counting in my current inventory. 

Just about all of these were very common titles, or carts I never intend on playing (basic math, math Grand Prix, etc…) but it was a weird itch in the back of my head that I should have had some of these and couldn’t remember why I didn’t see them. 

This puts my 2600 cart collection up to 169, and caused me to have to reorganize my game drawers. 

IMG_3923.jpeg

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, MikeM_ said:

I must be getting old…

Going through some bookshelves and came upon something I had completely forgotten about. 43 Atari games that I was not counting in my current inventory. 

Just about all of these were very common titles, or carts I never intend on playing (basic math, math Grand Prix, etc…) but it was a weird itch in the back of my head that I should have had some of these and couldn’t remember why I didn’t see them. 

This puts my 2600 cart collection up to 169, and caused me to have to reorganize my game drawers. 

IMG_3923.jpeg

You got the numbered end label for Basic Math, that is not an easy one to find.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Major Havoc 2049 said:

My two latest acquisitions. They are both in nice shape, but Dragonfire has some funky black tape residue on the front and back.  I may try some Goo-Be-Gone on the back and see if that will get rid of it without destroying the printing on the box. 

vm3UEPd.jpeg

Those Imagic boxes are 🔥

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

Nine parcels arrived this morning.

Some of these have been in the mail for a long time. Star Trek and Thunderground I bought due to recommendation on here, so thank you. I'll clean them all up and try them out later. 

IMG_20240207_103843.jpg

IMG_20240207_104640.jpg

Thunderground is a good one.  I think it was me who recommended that game.  4 of the games you got are on my list.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Intellivision Master said:

Thunderground is a good one.  I think it was me who recommended that game.  4 of the games you got are on my list.

Nice pickup 👍 I'm only missing Cosmic Commuter, Squeeze Box and Tutankham. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Major Havoc 2049 said:

My two latest acquisitions. They are both in nice shape, but Dragonfire has some funky black tape residue on the front and back.  I may try some Goo-Be-Gone on the back and see if that will get rid of it without destroying the printing on the box. 

vm3UEPd.jpeg

I usually use a tiny bit of isopropyl on a cotton bud/q tip ,or a tiny amount of fairy washing up liquid. Depending on what the box is made of. Sometimes it's just best to leave the price sticker/residue there rather than damaging the box. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shane857 said:

Some ebay pickups over the past week...

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

Great games🤙

After I realized, I can land and walk, I started to really like Desert Falcon🕹

Mountain King is pretty cool, you need to play it with sound to find... eh... what was it? Need to read the manual again and play it😊

I like that Congo Bongo label, it is the same as on my C64 cart🤗

20240207_231153.jpg

Edited by DEANJIMMY
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

I am pretty sure that was my recommendation. Sheesh, trying to take credit for my recommendation. I believe you recommended Karateka.

• Haha 3

On 1/21/2024 at 12:45 PM, Dr Karnov said:

What controllers are people using on their 2600+?

I've got a good selection, but find that my choice of controller depends on which game I'm playing 

IMG_20240121_184008.jpg

Hey, I’ve got that joystick too!  It was my favorite until I snapped the stick off on level 3 of Jungle Hunt. I couldn’t get my guy to duck down far enough and all of the sudden I realize I’m holding just the stick in my hand.IMG_9205.thumb.jpeg.7a948caecde5002fbef2d4fce73c32f7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

So I stopped by a used game shop I hadn't been to in a while, and it turns out they have 2600 games now.  Most of what they had was pretty common, but I picked up a nice-looking copy of Cosmic Ark for $3.  They also had Karateka for the 7800 for $9 so I did what any sane person would do and picked up Intellivision Lives! for the PS2 instead.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

9 minutes ago, KainXavier said:

They also had Karateka for the 7800 for $9 so I did what any sane person would do and picked up Intellivision Lives! for the PS2 instead.

Smart choice. I didn't want to commit to buying a cartridge of Karateka for the 7800, so I downloaded the ROM (don't ask where I got it) to my Gamestation Pro and took a look at it. It's worse than I remember.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Plumbob said:

Hey, I’ve got that joystick too!  It was my favorite until I snapped the stick off on level 3 of Jungle Hunt. I couldn’t get my guy to duck down far enough and all of the sudden I realize I’m holding just the stick in my hand.IMG_9205.thumb.jpeg.7a948caecde5002fbef2d4fce73c32f7.jpeg

Wow. 

I was not going to buy one of these, but now I'm minus not going to buy one of these.

• Like 1