IGNORED

Atari 2600+ Beta Update 1.1

Ben from Plaion

1 hour ago, MrChickenz said:

Medieval Mayhem works great on mine before and after the Beta 1.1 Update

Just tried it on mine, works great.

I must have a dozen sets of the old paddles, and in comparison the new ones feel like you are turning them through gel - they have a lot of resistance and kind of feel weird to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Have you seen your copy of Deadly Duck working on another 2600 or 7800 and or version 1.0 on the 2600+

This would be the first report I've seen of a game not booting on 1.1 but working on 1.0. 

Unfortunately I do not have a reliable original 2600 or 7800 I have a 2600 light sixer but it only works when it feels like it I think something is wrong with the power supply or power supply cord however someone in the Facebook group ran their copy of deadly Duck on 1.0 and it worked just fine but I guess 1.1 at least for me doesn't work

Just now, Cody2000 said:

Unfortunately I do not have a reliable original 2600 or 7800 I have a 2600 light sixer but it only works when it feels like it I think something is wrong with the power supply or power supply cord however someone in the Facebook group ran their copy of deadly Duck on 1.0 and it worked just fine but I guess 1.1 at least for me doesn't work

I can definitely try to get it working on my light sixer tho as it does work just not well hence why I got the plus

1 minute ago, TornadoTJ said:

Just tried it on mine, works great.

I must have a dozen sets of the old paddles, and in comparison the new ones feel like you are turning them through gel - they have a lot of resistance and kind of feel weird to me.

That’s what I thought at first. But after trying the original then going back to the new I like the new better

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, chad5200 said:

My copy of Deadly Duck is working.  Never has that duck looked so deadly!

damn.... i sure hope its not the cart itself cause i bought it on ebay and i have no idea how i would go about returning it and getting a different copy

Just now, Cody2000 said:

damn.... i sure hope its not the cart itself cause i bought it on ebay and i have no idea how i would go about returning it and getting a different copy

im gonna revert back to 1.0 and see if it fixes any of the issues im having im thinking doing this however will make wizard of wor unplayable 😕 but if it means fixing deadly duck im willing to try it for my sake and the communities for testing purposes

Same process to update.

so would you have to do the emulator thing in reverse aswell with the devkit tool? or just the dumper software? i did the update to 1.1 with both so im not sure how it will work downgrading it back to 1.0 but im gonna try doing it with just the dumper

28 minutes ago, Cody2000 said:

im gonna revert back to 1.0 and see if it fixes any of the issues im having im thinking doing this however will make wizard of wor unplayable 😕 but if it means fixing deadly duck im willing to try it for my sake and the communities for testing purposes

Wizard of Wor CBS worked for me on both versions 1.0 and 1.1

Edited by MrChickenz

Have you seen your copy of Deadly Duck working on another 2600 or 7800 and or version 1.0 on the 2600+

This would be the first report I've seen of a game not booting on 1.1 but working on 1.0. 

So I just hooked up my old dial knob Panasonic and light sixer which is deciding to work right now for me and despite the picture being wonky as this tvs kinda out of tune the cartridge does work on my light sixer it will not work for me on the plus running 1.0 or 1.1 which is interesting don't have any idea why that is but it won't work maybe it's the way it's sitting in the slot or something idk but I've tried it like 25+ times and it won't work

24 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

Wizard of Wor CBS worked for me on both versions 1.0 and 1.1

Well no luck with deadly Duck on the 2600+ my original light sixer it works tho I still need to try Taz and wizard of wor on 1.0 on my plus again I find it odd how these results vary per person

Well all be damn after I just get done saying that I try wizard of wor and Taz again they all work I try deadly Duck again and to my amazement FINALLY it works! I will have to test whether it works on 1.1 after I stress test it on 1.0 but it seems I have fixed it guess sometimes you gotta give it the old 40 year wake up call on original hardware before putting in the 2600+

1 hour ago, Cody2000 said:

Well all be damn after I just get done saying that I try wizard of wor and Taz again they all work I try deadly Duck again and to my amazement FINALLY it works! I will have to test whether it works on 1.1 after I stress test it on 1.0 but it seems I have fixed it guess sometimes you gotta give it the old 40 year wake up call on original hardware before putting in the 2600+

Nevermind it's extremely finicky even tho I've cleaned it a ton with isopropyl I don't have any deoxit to clean it that way right now I will try that on Saturday when I can grab some from guitar center

4 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

It worked like 4 times very finicky tonight on the 2600+ cleaned it alot and now it doesn't want to work on the plus no matter what I do but will work on my light sixer I have NO idea what would cause this as it will fire up every time on original hardware I think it's safe to say it's software related at this point or something as it works fine on original light sixer and I cleaned it a absolute ton so it's definitely not dirty

Is this where we add games we tested for Ver1.1?  I just tested the following homebrews that worked for me under the new 1.1 firmware, 7800 games Slideboy in Mazeland Working, Keystone Koppers Working, Dragons Descent Working, Wizards Dungeon Working, Time Salvo Working, BnQ Working. 2600 Homebrew Circus Convoy Working, Deepstone Catacomb Not Working (Title Screen Hangs), Cave In Not Working Won't Load. I have lots more homebrews I can go through, will take time though. Is someone from  Atari consolidating all the data for a compatability list for ver1.1 ? Should I just keep posting here my findings? Thanks for the new firmware update Atari, loving it so far! 

1 hour ago, insertclevernamehere said:

I see there’s 22 pages of this already so my question may have been asked already but when an update is officially released, will the process be simplified and/or will I be able to update using a Mac?

Mac no has to be windows unless you can run a virtual machine or something that can connect to the Internet and download the files in the virtual machine it is easy to do tho

58 minutes ago, buescherking said:

Is this where we add games we tested for Ver1.1?  I just tested the following homebrews that worked for me under the new 1.1 firmware, 7800 games Slideboy in Mazeland Working, Keystone Koppers Working, Dragons Descent Working, Wizards Dungeon Working, Time Salvo Working, BnQ Working. 2600 Homebrew Circus Convoy Working, Deepstone Catacomb Not Working (Title Screen Hangs), Cave In Not Working Won't Load. I have lots more homebrews I can go through, will take time though. Is someone from  Atari consolidating all the data for a compatability list for ver1.1 ? Should I just keep posting here my findings? Thanks for the new firmware update Atari, loving it so far! 

They can either be posted here or in the game compatibility thread since that other thread is more or less imo aimed at homebrews it seems more fitting to put them here

Just now, Cody2000 said:

They can either be posted here or in the game compatibility thread since that other thread is more or less imo aimed at homebrews it seems more fitting to put them here

And even if what you tested here is homebrews post them here anyway that other thread isn't very used and this one gets looked at and posted in more often

1 hour ago, insertclevernamehere said:

I see there’s 22 pages of this already so my question may have been asked already but when an update is officially released, will the process be simplified and/or will I be able to update using a Mac?

My impression (and it's only my impression) is that Atari are working mightily to get a satisfactory firmware update that is not merely beta.  The easiest way to get updates to the most users is with Windows.  I'm sure they're aware that there is a desire for updates to be able to non-Windows users, but that imposes a whole new level of complexity.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cody2000 said:

It worked like 4 times very finicky tonight on the 2600+ cleaned it alot and now it doesn't want to work on the plus no matter what I do but will work on my light sixer I have NO idea what would cause this as it will fire up every time on original hardware I think it's safe to say it's software related at this point or something as it works fine on original light sixer and I cleaned it a absolute ton so it's definitely not dirty

If a game works on real 2600 and many others reported it to work on the 2600+ it is an issue with your individual cart and maybe your individual 2600+ slot, so just bad luck, NOT firmware!

It happens to some carts more than to others.

Cleaning helps most of the time but not always.

7800 carts make almost no trouble as they sit tight in their slot. 

2600 carts can be moved a little bit when inserted. When Loading Fails, move it left or right or pull it a little bit (works for Activision and Telesys). Magic hands...!

My Juno First homebrew is quite new. It works on 2600 Jr and 6er, not on my 7800 and 2600+ (Well once, works on 2600+ in general).

My damn old warlords works on my 2600+, my 6er but not on my 2600 Jr.

Those things happen and have been reported about different games quite often on this forum...

Edited by DEANJIMMY
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DEANJIMMY said:

If a game works on real 2600 and many others reported it to work on the 2600+ it is an issue with your individual cart and maybe your individual 2600+ slot, so just bad luck, NOT firmware!

It happens to some carts more than to others.

Cleaning helps most of the time but not always.

7800 carts make almost no trouble as they sit tight in their slot. 

2600 carts can be moved a little bit when inserted. When Loading Fails, move it left or right or pull it a little bit (works for Activision and Telesys). Magic hands...!

My Juno First homebrew is quite new. It works on 2600 Jr and 6er, not on my 7800 and 2600+ (Well once, works on 2600+ in general).

My damn old warlords works on my 2600+, my 6er but not on my 2600 Jr.

Those things happen and have been reported about different games quite often on this forum...

It seems it's a issue with how it is inserted into the console picky little shit it is the only way it will work is if it's inserted at a angle and if the cartridge makes a springy clunk noise it will work if it doesn't it won't idk why that's just how it is

8 hours ago, insertclevernamehere said:

I think the former is all but guaranteed. I certainly hope the latter is true or I won’t be partaking, which is fine. Mainly I think we need patience 😊