IGNORED

Compatibility Spreadsheet

KainXavier

3 hours ago, KainXavier said:

Grazie per aver chiarito! Sembra che tu abbia già aggiornato il foglio di lavoro. Ho aggiunto anche il risultato di Pitfall. Spero che sia andato tutto bene.

Yes exactly, I updated the spreadsheet and also added the label type.

If necessary, I will also include all the other working PAL carts in my possession.

Obviously I would only include those that do not appear in the list.

7 hours ago, KainXavier said:

Also, the spreadsheet is open to the public to update.  I can add your results for Double Dragon if you want, though.  I just need to know which firmware and what region.

Oh, my bad. for some reason I thought I couldn't edit it. Sure, I think it's been confirmed also by a few others. I'm hopeful we can get it working in a new update, as while it's not a great game, it is a classic and I would like to play it lol 

16 hours ago, shane857 said:

Gorf (PAL) works and plays fine on the 2600+. Was unplayable on my light sixer with composite mod,because display kept going black

Does this game have an issue with a composite modded 2600? 🤔

I've got an unmodded 4 switch model so I won't be much help.  If it's the CleanComp mod, you may want to ask on this thread.

14 hours ago, susy said:

Yes exactly, I updated the spreadsheet and also added the label type.

If necessary, I will also include all the other working PAL carts in my possession.

Obviously I would only include those that do not appear in the list.

It's not necessary, but I'd appreciate it.  The more data we have, the more accurate the spreadsheet will be! :)  (Please feel free to add carts that are already on the list, too.)

11 hours ago, tradyblix said:

Oh, my bad. for some reason I thought I couldn't edit it. Sure, I think it's been confirmed also by a few others. I'm hopeful we can get it working in a new update, as while it's not a great game, it is a classic and I would like to play it lol 

No judgement here.  It's a pretty unique port for its time, and I would have picked it up already if it wasn't so expensive.  I'd love to own it and Rampage for the 7800.

--

As for spreadsheet updates, I've fixed the navigation links on both the Games and Accessories sheets.  I've also prettied them up.  All that's left now is to create a Results sheet that analyzes all of the data and generates reports.

• Like 2

PAL - 

Surfers Paradise - Pass

z-Tack - Pass

Wall Defender - Pass

Great Escape - Pass

Homebrew NTSC -

Jamloopy - Pass

Mardis Gras - Pass

Dragon Chalice - Pass

Slicks Racing - Mixed (System reboots and stays on black screen on title screen after a couple seconds but works if and starts)

@tradyblix

I keep forgetting to double-check about the music in Juno First.  I plan to test the rest of my games on the v1.1 beta in the next day or two.  I'll tackle it then.

@KevKelley

Thank you for posting your results on the thread.  Would you mind adding them to the spreadsheet?  I don't know what cartridge variants you have or which firmware was used.

--

Okay, I finally got around to implementing the Results sheet.  It's functional but there are still some features and niceties I would like to implement.  Here's my to do list:

- Add some background colors.

- Sort games and accessories alphabetically.

- Color-code passes, failures, and mixed results.

- Add an "All" option to each drop-down menu that affects what's listed.

- Figure out how I want to handle duplicate entries with different results.

- Re-order the sheets so Results appears first?

- Add navigation links to the other sheets?

- Freeze the row with the disclaimer?

The middle two will probably take the most time.

Edited by KainXavier
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, KainXavier said:

@tradyblix

I keep forgetting to double-check about the music in Juno First.  I plan to test the rest of my games on the v1.1 beta in the next day or two.  I'll tackle it then.

@KevKelley

Thank you for posting your results on the thread.  Would you mind adding them to the spreadsheet?  I don't know what cartridge variants you have or which firmware was used.

--

Okay, I finally got around to implementing the Results sheet.  It's functional but there are still some features and niceties I would like to implement.  Here's my to do list:

- Add some background colors.

- Sort games and accessories alphabetically.

- Color-code passes, failures, and mixed results.

- Add an "All" option to each drop-down menu that affects what's listed.

- Figure out how I want to handle duplicate entries with different results.

- Re-order the sheets so Results appears first?

- Add navigation links to the other sheets?

- Freeze the row with the disclaimer?

The middle two will probably take the most time.

When I sit down I will. I didn’t realize I could edit it. 

• Like 1

On 1/15/2024 at 6:40 PM, KainXavier said:

@tradyblix

The music plays for me (on title screen). It kinda slows down and sounds wrong, but it's been a long time since I played it on my real atari so.. not sure. I know the dithering on title screen is screwed up and needs that CRT filter fix thing I saw on here.

Gameplay is solid tho. 

Edited by tradyblix

On 1/16/2024 at 8:30 PM, tradyblix said:

The music plays for me (on title screen). It kinda slows down and sounds wrong, but it's been a long time since I played it on my real atari so.. not sure. I know the dithering on title screen is screwed up and needs that CRT filter fix thing I saw on here.

Gameplay is solid tho. 

Yeah, the music is definitely borked on v1.1.  I revised my results.  Thanks again for letting me know!

--

Regarding the spreadsheet, I've made quite a few changes to the Results sheet, but I'm not done yet. 

Background colors are in, sorting is in, and the results are color-coded.  I also sunk quite a bit of time into learning and writing Google Apps Script only to discover that it's not going to be a viable solution for me.  (It's slow, and it doesn't update cells dynamically.)  That said, I do have some fresh ideas on how to tackle an "All" filter using my existing queries.

For the Games sheet, I've added a new column for the dumper version.  If you've contributed results to the spreadsheet in the past, I'd like to ask that you go back and add which Dumper version you were using at the time.  Thank you!

I also plan to allow users to filter the Results sheet by the dumper version as well as by tester.  I'll probably add Region and Tester fields to results as well.

Lastly, I did a deep-dive on firmware v1.1 (and dumper v1.1.0.2) with more of my library and added the results.  I also went back and revised some of my older findings, notably the 4 Games In 1 cartridge.  Steering in Night Driver is already difficult enough.  The current paddle issues make it unplayable (for me) on the 2600+.

On 1/11/2024 at 4:03 AM, KainXavier said:

I've got an unmodded 4 switch model so I won't be much help.  If it's the CleanComp mod, you may want to ask on this thread.

It's not necessary, but I'd appreciate it.  The more data we have, the more accurate the spreadsheet will be! :)  (Please feel free to add carts that are already on the list, too.)

No judgement here.  It's a pretty unique port for its time, and I would have picked it up already if it wasn't so expensive.  I'd love to own it and Rampage for the 7800.

--

As for spreadsheet updates, I've fixed the navigation links on both the Games and Accessories sheets.  I've also prettied them up.  All that's left now is to create a Results sheet that analyzes all of the data and generates reports.

Yes my original atari is a clean composite mod and Gorf is unplayable. Plays fine on the atari 2600+ thou 🤔

• Sad 1

On 1/22/2024 at 6:23 AM, DhaemonX said:

Any update if the Star Raiders controller will be working with the 2600+ soon?

I believe the desire is there to support it, but there's been nothing official announced yet.  Plaion is still working to address a lot of the compatibility issues that were present at launch.  You may want to review the beta firmware threads, here and here, for more information.

• 2 weeks later...

I've worked on the spreadsheet off and on since my last post.  The Results sheet is now mostly functional.  I also didn't realize locking the sheet prevented others from being able to use the drop down menus.  This has been corrected.  Moreover, I must have broken some of the drop down menus in the Games sheet at some point.  This too has been corrected.

All that's left to do is to fix the remaining problems with how results are displayed and maybe throw in some more conditional formatting.  The formula for displaying results is pretty convoluted so I'd welcome any help on how to simplify and/or improve it.

=IFERROR(IF(A5 = "Games", QUERY(Games!B2:K, "select C, F, B, D, E, G, J where B = " & IF(B5 = "All", "B", "'"&B5&"'") & " and D = " & IF(C5 = "All", "D", "'"&C5&"'") & " and E = " & IF(D5 = "All", "E", "'"&D5&"'") & " and G = " & IF(E5 = "All", "G", "'"&E5&"'") & " and J = " & IF(F5 = "All", "J", "'"&F5&"'") & " order by J, E, G, B, D, C"), IF(A5 = "Accessories", QUERY(Accessories!B2:J, "select B, D, H, I, C, J, F where C = " & IF(D5 = "All", "C", "'"&D5&"'") & " and F = " & IF(F5 = "All", "F", "'"&F5&"'") & " order by F, C, B"), VSTACK(IFERROR(QUERY(Accessories!B2:J, "select B, D, H, I, C, J, F where C = " & IF(D5 = "All", "C", "'"&D5&"'") & " and F = " & IF(F5 = "All", "F", "'"&F5&"'") & " order by F, C, B"), ""), IFERROR(QUERY(Games!B2:K, "select C, F, B, D, E, G, J where B = " & IF(B5 = "All", "B", "'"&B5&"'") & " and D = " & IF(C5 = "All", "D", "'"&C5&"'") & " and E = " & IF(D5 = "All", "E", "'"&D5&"'") & " and G = " & IF(E5 = "All", "G", "'"&E5&"'") & " and J = " & IF(F5 = "All", "J", "'"&F5&"'") & " order by J, E, G, B, D, C"), "")))), "")

Aside from that, I finally added the rest of my results for the first beta.  I'm going to upgrade my machine to Rev 2 and dumper version v1.1.0.9.

• 2 weeks later...

The spreadsheet is pretty much done.  There's one outstanding issue, but it's minor and probably not worth the effort to fix.  (It's purely aesthetic.)

Also, I've added the new experimental builds put out by raz0red if anyone wants to add their results.  I've already added some of mine.

@Albert

I'm not exactly sure how this works, but could I trouble you to allow me to edit my first post?  I'd like to make it clear the spreadsheet is finished and everyone can add their results now.  Also, thank you in advance!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Pac-Man Senior said:

I just added my carts for firmware 1.0. I mentioned the 50/60hz problem only once. I think it's widely known that we have this issue in europe. The only and very special problem is this flickering in frogger (PAL).

Awesome, thank you for adding your results!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've added the v1.1x-r3 and v1.1x-r3 debug firmwares as well as the new dumper firmware, vx.01.

Also, I cleaned up an errant entry on the Results page.  (I'll have to look into how that happened.)

Lastly, I finally got around to adding all of my compatibility results for r2.  I'm not sure when I'll get around to testing r3 and vx.01.  My focus is (and has been) elsewhere. 😛  That said, I'll try to have it all done June-ish, and I'm sure I'll at least test some of my library when my new CX78 pad arrives. :)

Posted (edited)

Nice. I have a correction for you tho. It was possible to play Juno First on 1.1x-r2. It was just very difficult to load consistently. 

This spreadsheet actually requires a large amount of work if it's going to be at all useful because at the moment it doesn't really reflect where we are at. No blame to anyone, I'm just making an observation. 

Edited by tradyblix

@tradyblix

Sorry, I meant to respond to your post sooner!

I could not get Juno First to run with the v1.1.0.9 dumper regardless of the firmware.  It ran just fine on v1.1.0.4, though.  I'm glad you were able to get it to work.  You may have a different cartridge than I do.  I would encourage you to log your own results.

As for the spreadsheet, it's an unofficial, community-driven effort.  I provided the tools, and I log my own results.  I can't help it if others don't.  It'd be a great resource if there was simply more data.  For example, no one has logged any results for the new experimental firmware or dumper yet.  You could be the first.

8 hours ago, KainXavier said:

@tradyblix

Sorry, I meant to respond to your post sooner!

I could not get Juno First to run with the v1.1.0.9 dumper regardless of the firmware.  It ran just fine on v1.1.0.4, though.  I'm glad you were able to get it to work.  You may have a different cartridge than I do.  I would encourage you to log your own results.

As for the spreadsheet, it's an unofficial, community-driven effort.  I provided the tools, and I log my own results.  I can't help it if others don't.  It'd be a great resource if there was simply more data.  For example, no one has logged any results for the new experimental firmware or dumper yet.  You could be the first.

https://forums.atariage.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1121192&key=f56d4a600228549d50721ebafe655dc4

Please install the dumper from 1.1x-r3

My Juno first works with the last experimental load, as all of my 300 carts do. Only some homebrews with ARM support still do do not work, the rest is fine🤗

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, DEANJIMMY said:

https://forums.atariage.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1121192&key=f56d4a600228549d50721ebafe655dc4 5.26 MB · 169 downloads

Please install the dumper from 1.1x-r3

My Juno first works with the last experimental load, as all of my 300 carts do. Only some homebrews with ARM support still do do not work, the rest is fine🤗

Awesome, I intend to! :)  My previous comment was just in regards to the older firmware releases.  I have yet to try firmware 1.1x-r3 and dumper x.01. 

Also, I hope I didn't come across as trying to diminish the efforts of anyone working on the firmware updates.  That was not my intent.  I know how hard they work first-hand, and the past builds are still excellent!

• Like 1

I've got a bunch of genuine PAL 2600 Cartridges I've tested and played briefly (all with the new dumper and experimental firmware 1.1x-r3). I recently picked up a 2600 Plus so I'm happy to add, however I will be selling my PAL collection as I intend to replace them with their NTSC versions.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...