IGNORED

New(ish) 7800 Games and Accessories announced by Atari and Plaion compatible with the 2600+

Ben from Plaion

31 minutes ago, ewokmic said:

Do we know if the paddle with the 4-in-1 cart will come back to Amazon UK? I sat on it too long and it hasn’t been available for a week or two. Wondering if the new paddle replaces or compliments that?

For the time being it should be complimentary, but keeping track of all stock availablilty in all territories is not easy. Too much stock in this country, too little in others is quite a spinning plates act.

Edited by Ben from Plaion
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ewokmic said:

Do we know if the paddle with the 4-in-1 cart will come back to Amazon UK? I sat on it too long and it hasn’t been available for a week or two. Wondering if the new paddle replaces or compliments that?

I was wondering that myself. I was gonna pick those up at some point. Now it "seems" like they're just pushing out the paddles instead.

The joysticks are also out of stock...🙁🙁🙁

Edit: Just now seen Ben's reply. 🙃🙃🙃

Edited by Tamerlane

8 hours ago, Tamerlane said:

I was wondering that myself. I was gonna pick those up at some point. Now it "seems" like they're just pushing out the paddles instead.

The joysticks are also out of stock...🙁🙁🙁

Edit: Just now seen Ben's reply. 🙃🙃🙃

CX40+ and CX30+/4in1 bundle are both still available on Amazon FR

https://amzn.eu/d/cfGqEir
https://amzn.eu/d/gkXjZnK

• Thanks 1

Not sure if this has been mentioned but an idea came to me regarding my 2600 cart library and a way to display it or have it available within reach within my game room. Perhaps a future product that Atari could release might be something similar to the old CD/DVD towers that stored our CDs and DVDs back in the day. A similar product, but one that would be designed to properly hold Atari 2600/7800 carts and maybe a area to place manuals, etc. I'd love to see that. With the 2600+ I'm getting back into the 2600 and 7800 and want to be able to display my old and new games and peripherals in my game room. :)

John.

Edited by Draugr
  • Like 5

"2600 cart library and a way to display it or have it available within reach"

I think most folks just put their carts in a clear plastic storage drawer where you can see the tops easily.  Possibly someone here could provide a link to a product from the ContainerStore or something similar that has the right dimensions.  I have a couple of the old Atari Game Center cases like shown in the attached picture.  The bottom has cutout slots for cartridges, side panel for manuals and other side room for joysticks/paddles.

AtariGameCenter.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Draugr said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but an idea came to me regarding my 2600 cart library and a way to display it or have it available within reach within my game room. Perhaps a future product that Atari could release might be something similar to the old CD/DVD towers that stored our CDs and DVDs back in the day. A similar product, but one that would be designed to properly hold Atari 2600/7800 carts and maybe a area to place manuals, etc. I'd love to see that. With the 2600+ I'm getting back into the 2600 and 7800 and want to be able to display my old and new games and peripherals in my game room. :)

John.

Only problem I've ever had with that idea is that the solutions are usually designed around 5-10 games give or take. when your collection is in the triple digits, it's hard to rely on a solution like that as it ends up creating a lot of excess bulk. 

Not saying it wouldn't be cool to have something better than drawers or plastic boxes, but in the storage quantities I'd need, I'm not sure there would be something I'd actually find useful. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeM_ said:

Only problem I've ever had with that idea is that the solutions are usually designed around 5-10 games give or take. when your collection is in the triple digits, it's hard to rely on a solution like that as it ends up creating a lot of excess bulk. 

Not saying it wouldn't be cool to have something better than drawers or plastic boxes, but in the storage quantities I'd need, I'm not sure there would be something I'd actually find useful. 

I agree with your comment about the small storage units like back in the day. I once bought about 10 of the organizers like in the attached image. I was thinking more like the CD towers I mentioned. Those old CD towers could hold like 100+ CDs in jewel cases. I think they were like 4 or 5 feet tall. Something like that would be great as I too have over a 100 or so 2600 carts alone, not including my 7800 carts. :)

It may not be worth the effort but I figured it couldn't hurt to mention the idea.

Oh and @kjames_s_2000 I had and may still have one or two of those that you mentioned. They were great for protecting the system, and holding 15-20 games but I have a lot more carts than that and those storage centers won't fit in my modern TV stand's shelves. :)

image.thumb.png.a99c330b24f203bdb09a692237c4080c.png

Edited by Draugr
  • Like 5

The organizer and game centre are both pretty neat. In the UK someone on Etsy is selling 3D-printed racks which have holes for wall-mounting (I’ve posted photos in the “Collecting” thread, but will happily do so again if requested), but you could mount them on some kind of board for display purposes. Only £10 including shipping and hold 16 carts each. Sadly they don’t interlock for stacking, nor are there slots for manuals, but I like the aesthetic of 2600 carts on my wall 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sean_1970 said:

The organizer and game centre are both pretty neat. In the UK someone on Etsy is selling 3D-printed racks which have holes for wall-mounting  😁

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1409252576/atari-2600-game-storage-holds-16-carts

I have one.  They are very nice units; I keep one next to my Plus with my favourite 16 carts.

• Like 4

I was looking for something like a 70s cassette holder for cartridges but did not found one. On Etsy some towers but they did not hold enough carts. So I took two kitchen boxes, added a sticker and use them for my cartridges next to my 2600+

I need this storage for the current ready to play games (10-15).

The rest of my 300+ carts are stored in plastic boxes and a drawer😉

Screenshot_20240207_182542_eBay.jpg

20240113_233817.jpg

20240113_233844.jpg

20240113_231333.jpg

20240113_231320.jpg

20240113_231301.jpg

• Like 3

I have seen these 'book' holders used on eBay.  I ended up buying five of them in a single auction. 

They stack nice on a book shelf and have a pocket on the back for instruction booklets. 

The only problem is that each book only holds eight carts.  

Picture2.jpg Picture1.jpg

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, LS650 said:

I have seen these 'book' holders used on eBay.  I ended up buying five of them in a single auction.  They stack nice on a book shelf and have pocket on the back for instruction booklets.  The only problem is that each book only holds eight carts.  

That's a really classy item. I like it. 

If Atari ever were to re-release Robotron 2084, I think maybe this would be the perfect controller to release with it. Maybe make one similar, compatible with the 2600+ and 7800? 🤔. Retrogameboyz make it. I don't own one, and they are sadly out of stock. A Beautiful thing 💪

contro.jpg

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, shane857 said:

If Atari ever were to re-release Robotron 2084, I think maybe this would be the perfect controller to release with it. Maybe make one similar, compatible with the 2600+ and 7800? 🤔. Retrogameboyz make it. I don't own one, and they are sadly out of stock. A Beautiful thing 💪

contro.jpg

I ordered this version, to go with my 2600 homebrew Robotwar 2684.

IMG_3749.jpeg

IMG_3748.jpeg

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Draugr said:

I agree with your comment about the small storage units like back in the day. I once bought about 10 of the organizers like in the attached image. I was thinking more like the CD towers I mentioned. Those old CD towers could hold like 100+ CDs in jewel cases. I think they were like 4 or 5 feet tall. Something like that would be great as I too have over a 100 or so 2600 carts alone, not including my 7800 carts. :)

It may not be worth the effort but I figured it couldn't hurt to mention the idea.

Oh and @kjames_s_2000 I had and may still have one or two of those that you mentioned. They were great for protecting the system, and holding 15-20 games but I have a lot more carts than that and those storage centers won't fit in my modern TV stand's shelves. :)

image.thumb.png.a99c330b24f203bdb09a692237c4080c.png

Here are a couple of my mini storage units.

IMG_3756.jpeg

IMG_3758.jpeg

IMG_3757.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LS650 said:

I have seen these 'book' holders used on eBay.  I ended up buying five of them in a single auction. 

They stack nice on a book shelf and have a pocket on the back for instruction booklets. 

There are at least three versions of these books. I have two. Imagic carts fit just right in the larger one.

IMG_3750.jpeg

IMG_3751.jpeg

IMG_3752.jpeg

IMG_3753.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, LS650 said:

I disagree. I think the biggest problem is the game name stickers only have Atari published games and only up until 1981 or so. There should have been more game stickers made.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, shane857 said:

Is robotwar 2684 any different to 2084? Any enhancements? 🤔 Nice controller by the way. Does it work with the 2600+?

Robotwar 2684 is a 2600 (not 7800) game and includes an amazing co-op option. However, the cart does not currently run on the 2600+. 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, LS650 said:

I think I remember seeing ads for these, very neat and appealing to the more refined, adult consumer 👍

• Like 1