IGNORED

New(ish) 7800 Games and Accessories announced by Atari and Plaion compatible with the 2600+

Ben from Plaion

2 minutes ago, insertclevernamehere said:

I wonder if Atari and amazon could save money and damage less boxes if they were shipped flat, with the manual on top of the flattened box and cart on top of the manual?  A durable piece of cardboard backing underneath for extra durability and shrink wrapped.  Then all you do when you receive your item is remove shrink wrap and the cardboard backing, open the box out and place the manual and cart inside.  

That would work and some Ebayers did it that way...

• Like 4

I promise to gift it here if it's undamaged to all the anal retentives/people who need manuals for games like "Mr run and jump" 😄

Aren't you guys excited ? I'm putting my rep on the line in a major way. We are testing if amazon really does suck, randomly..... or people are blowing things out of proportion. 

Edited by tradyblix
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DEANJIMMY said:

Looks like in the US Amazon does not even try to protect it.

100%...  they don't. They take our Prime membership and really don't care. It is all about volume to them. They were 0 for 4 with my Atari titles this time around. 

Edited by MMarcoux66
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, DEANJIMMY said:

That would work and some Ebayers did it that way...

Sean Kelly ships the boxes unassembled flat to be assembled later with the homebrews that he sells for the Vectrex in his store. It works amazingly well. I've ordered a bunch from him, and it has always arrived in good condition because of this method.

Edited by MMarcoux66
  • Like 6

16 minutes ago, MMarcoux66 said:

100%...  they don't. They take our Prime membership and really don't care. It is all about volume to them. They were 0 for 4 with my Atari titles this time around. 

Give me a break.... absolute tosh. It's probably your driver and the area you are in, not "Amazon" the big bad. People are so silly 

Edited by tradyblix

30 minutes ago, Brad_from_the_80s said:

Hmmmm.  For anybody who didn't pick up what I laid down.  Cultures and all that.  Yeah the joke is stupid.  Sorry.

No! Not stupid. That’s funny! 
And this could be a whole other topic! There are those who love this movie and there are those who hate it! lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

Ok, but you have to pack it proper! lol

LOL I realized how fucked this is when I posted that haha.

It makes me laugh tho. I have faith in US Delivery Guys.

But first, Amazon has to deliver it undamaged lol 

Edited by tradyblix
amazon
  • Like 1

So I can't speak for all carriers, and I'm sure every place is different, but I did briefly work at a post office in the United States.  Where I worked, the people that run the front desk from open to close are the same people that also unload the truck and hand-deliver any certified mail.  They have like a 2 - 3 hour window to get all of that done.  This means your packages, whether they're marked fragile or not, get thrown into bins from the truck so the people that work each route can collect them.  Moreover, mail trucks and vans are usually only provided to city carriers.  Rural carriers have to shove all of your packages into their car however they can.  And this was all prior to the pandemic.  I'm sure the volume of packages USPS handles now is much worse.

As for Amazon, I've not worked there myself, but they're notoriously anti-union, and I've read many a story about how they treat their employees like crap.  The people that pack your orders probably have quotas they have to meet as well.  It's not surprising to me that some orders are packaged poorly.  My advice would be to vote with your money and order from other websites like Atari whenever you can.

All that said, I did pre-order my CX-78+ from Amazon, and it arrived mostly unscathed.  There was a minor dent in one of the corners of the box, but everything inside was fine.

That said, that said, I totally understand Ben's frustration because the damage to a product (or its packaging) is completely out of his control yet he's forced to foot the bill.  In my mind, it should be Amazon eating the cost and Plaion / Atari should score another sale.

Edited by KainXavier
Corrected a typo.
  • Like 7

11 hours ago, insertclevernamehere said:

I wonder if Atari and amazon could save money and damage less boxes if they were shipped flat, with the manual on top of the flattened box and cart on top of the manual?  A piece of fairly thick cardboard backing underneath for extra durability and shrink wrapped.  Then all you do when you receive your item is remove shrink wrap and the cardboard backing, open the box out and place the manual and cart inside.  

It would work,  but they shouldn't have to.  I think expecting an item to arrive undamaged is not asking too much.  Something tells me that the people (or Robots) handling these don't even realize these are video games,  and they sure don't care that they're going to collectors.  It would be an easy fix,  but I'm sure they'll consider this too much work.  If they insist on sending things like this,  then the description should say, "Item will arrive in a white bubble mailer,  CLICK HERE FOR A BOX $2 additional fee"   It's Win-Win.

PS I just pulled "$2" out of the air,  I mean whatever it runs.  If we're already paying for Prime, we shouldn't have to incentivize them too much to do the job they should be doing right in the first place.  I mean what next?   Paying extra for "insurance" at the post Office to make sure they don't lose a package we've already paid them to deliver?   (Oooh,  Bad Example)...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"

6 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

I think expecting an item to arrive undamaged is not asking too much. 

Collectors are expecting more than that tho. It's not just the "item is undamaged" but that the packaging isn't bent, shows no crumpling in a small corner, no shelf-wear, etc, etc. It's a higher standard that is unreasonable, IMO. 

Also I'm not really sure what the person who started this off was mad about, either. They could get a replacement or return (multiple returns, in fact) free of charge, and was arguing with a poor CSR rep that probably has to field hundreds or thousands a day, so no wonder it's a form letter.... and people were complaining about that too. 

You really want a real person to put up with your petty BS because you didn't get an item in pristine condition ? when getting it shipped ? I'm sorry. you lost me. 

There is nothing wrong with wanting that, but go find it and buy it in person or use a service that promises that. Expecting that from a mass retailer/shipper like Amazon is bonkers. 

Anyway, this experiment should be interesting. I just got several packages from them in great condition, so I'm wondering if it's something about Atari Carts in particular that cause them to be damaged. I wonder if I'll get it in a box undamaged, etc. 

Edited by tradyblix
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mitch said:

Amazon just canceled my pre-order from February for Ninja Golf. Apparently the ebay flippers bought out all of their stock. :(

Mitch

I cancelled my order from Amazon earlier and ordered directly from Atari along with Food Fight and Fatal Runs. They shipped and are arriving soon. You could try there.

Edited by MMarcoux66
  • Like 2

My only complaint is I can see a crease through the middle of the Food Fight end-label along the seam where the two halves of the cartridge shell come together.   (Minor, minor detail and nothing even remotely worth returning over).   Atari does pack the games WAY better than Amazon.  Boxes all arrived in great condition

• Like 3

On 7/10/2024 at 12:37 PM, Nathan Strum said:

I think shipping companies actually look at "Fragile" stickers as more of a challenge, than a warning. It's almost like painting a target on it.

UPS had a reputation for treating the sticker like a challenge in years past.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Marc Fiorillo said:

UPS had a reputation for treating the sticker like a challenge in years past.

Somebody needs to put the opening, from ace Ventura in here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It as been a long time but it was compulsory at DHL in Germany to throw a parcel as fast as possible as far as possible, typically 4-5m, a fragile sticker is irrelevant. The only exceptions are large items too big to fit on the conveyor belt. When loading a lorry you build a wall with the larger boxes and throw the small items over the top until the space is full.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Mitch said:

Amazon just canceled my pre-order from February for Ninja Golf. Apparently the ebay flippers bought out all of their stock. :(

Mitch

I think you can probably get one off eBay...

Sorry,   sorry,..   just kidding.   😆

• Haha 4