IGNORED

6th Annual Atari Homebrew Awards: Atari 2600 Homebrew (Original)

6th Annual Atari Homebrew Awards: Atari 2600 Homebrew (Original)   

118 members have voted

1. 1. 6th Annual Atari Homebrew Awards: Atari 2600 Homebrew (Original)

• Berry Fun!
    • Dark Keep
    • Game of the Bear 2 Much To Bear
    • Kovi Kovi
    • Penult
    • Strike Zone Bowling
    • Tober's Nightmare

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/25/2024 at 11:00 PM

IMPORTANT -> READ VOTING GUIDE BEFORE VOTING <- IMPORTANT

FULL CATEGORY CREDITS:

• Berry Fun! (8K) by Mike Littau @littaum / John Calcano @Atariboy2600 (Packaging Artwork)

• Dark Keep (32K) by Edward Smith @easmith / Kevin Mosley @KevinMos3

• Game of the Bear 2 Much To Bear (32K) by VHZC Games / Vladimir Zuñiga @vhzc

• Kovi Kovi (16K) by Mashdy Games / Marco Johannes @MarcoJ

• Penult (128K) by Karl Garrison @Karl G / Maggie Vogel @mvo (Music) / William Thorup @BitJag (Packaging Artwork)

• Strike Zone Bowling (32K) by Edward Smith @easmith / Kevin Mosley @KevinMos3

• Tober's Nightmare (32K) by Mick Crocker @mickmuze

6th Annual Atari Homebrew Awards

Celebrating the best in Atari Homebrew

brought to you by

ZeroPage Homebrew & AtariAge

20240127-6thAnnualAtariHombrewAwards-PromoWide.thumb.jpg.d05fd284624b9ad62672eee402ef7d5d.jpg

Welcome to the 6th Annual Atari Homebrew Awards, where YOU get to vote on your favourite homebrew games of 2023! The results of the Atari Homebrew Awards will be announced LIVE on the ZeroPage Homebrew's Twitch channel on Saturday February 24th, 2024 during a special broadcast. During the event we will be announcing the winners and runners up in each of the categories along with LIVE acceptance speeches from the winners, plus much, much more!!

Voting Begins: February 2, 2024 @ 12PM PT | 3PM ET | 8PM GMT

Voting Ends: February 18, 2024 @ 23:59:59 PT |  12AM PT | 3AM ET | 8AM GMT

Awards Show: February 24, 2024 @ 12PM PT | 3PM ET | 8PM GMT on the ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch Stream

Voting Links:

39 minutes ago, bigfriendly said:

Ignorant question but is there a way to play these games without buying them?

Yes! In fact, there is no way to play most of these games by buying them, as the ones that are being manufactured are held up by the AtariAge backlog (at least most of them).

If you click the big flashing sign that says "READ THE RULES HERE" at the top, there is a link to a Google Drive with all the ROMs :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I noticed the zip with all the nominated games for this category also contains the game "Caramujo", but it's missing from the voting list here. Is that OK?

Nevermind, I see Caramujo was nominated for Best Graphics category!

Edited by Dionoid
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Caramujo is probably my actual game of the year. It's such a wild idea and it works really well if you have the patience.

Caramujo is very fun, once you get past the idea that you are a snail, so you must go slow.

It's like when you play Bionic Commando for the first time, and you realize that there isn't a jump button. It's frustrating at first, but soon you are grappling and swinging from platform to platform with ease.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kikipdph said:

I am glad that more people are mentioning my game 'Caramujo,' and that is enough for me to know that the game is accepted and enjoyed, even though it is not nominated. :)

I would like to get a physical copy if they are available or will be!

On 2/3/2024 at 3:53 PM, jgkspsx said:

Kovi Kovi is really a creative game. It's astonishing that it runs on a 2600. However, the changing directionality of the vaccines is getting the better of me...

image.thumb.png.a76f3ea80f82ee8101821d6e2a77ae24.png

Playing 'Easy Peasy' to learn how to play it.

image.jpeg.4f8f2f0ae986113ed1677902a9e11a51.jpeg

Nice game!  @jgkspsx  After a vaccine has fallen down, seems like you have 1 or 2 seconds that use can use the joystick to point to the direction that you want the vaccine to face.  Then it will lock in.  

Edited by Living Room Arcade
  • Thanks 1

@jgkspsx I'm looking at your screenshot again.  Your vaccine needles are the right colors, they're just facing the wrong ways.

This yellow needle should be facing down, then it would eliminate the six yellow Kovis under it.  

image.jpeg.fd69253fe649b74eca73434edcbdd488.jpeg

Kovi Kovi discussion page  

Kovi Kovi - instructions.pdf

Edited by Living Room Arcade
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Living Room Arcade said:

@jgkspsx I'm looking at your screenshot again.  Your vaccine needles are the right colors, they're just facing the wrong ways.

This yellow needle should be facing down, then it would eliminate the six yellow Kovis under it.  

image.jpeg.fd69253fe649b74eca73434edcbdd488.jpeg

Kovi Kovi discussion page  

Kovi Kovi - instructions.pdf 73.35 kB · 4 downloads

I was trying to change the orientation so the needle faced the viruses but for whatever reason I must have been doing it wrong. This was normal difficulty and well into the game after I had eliminated a lot of viruses - maybe the time for directing the vaccine just got a lot shorter? Thanks for pointing this out, I will give it another try!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

I was trying to change the orientation so the needle faced the viruses but for whatever reason I must have been doing it wrong. This was normal difficulty and well into the game after I had eliminated a lot of viruses - maybe the time for directing the vaccine just got a lot shorter? Thanks for pointing this out, I will give it another try!

That was probably it.  If you were playing in marathon mode and the game kept speeding up.  I was playing in sprint mode where the game stops after 32 Kovi chains are formed and never speeds up.