IGNORED

What Atari 2600/7800 game have you been playing the most today?

shane857

I've been playing Squeeze Box.  It's a decent game, but not great.  It's a fun quick pick-up & play game.  After watching the glowing review by GenX and the scathing review by No Swear Gamer on YouTube, I don't quite agree with either of them 🤣.  Reviews are subjective and to each their own.  I would give it a solid 80% though.

I was able to crack the 10k mark.

l3H4EUO.jpeg

• Like 4

Played Dragonfire for the second time today. Been in my collection for some time...

Even thou the game has only 2 screens it's really addictive and frustrating at the same time. Just one more go to beat my high-score!

I managed to get to the Red dragon, the gameplay seriously ramps up the difficulty.

DSC_0029.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0021.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

DSC_0028.JPG

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, shane857 said:

Played Dragonfire for the second time today. Been in my collection for some time...

Even thou the game has only 2 screens it's really addictive and frustrating at the same time. Just one more go to beat my high-score!

I managed to get to the Red dragon, the gameplay seriously ramps up the difficulty.

DSC_0029.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0021.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

DSC_0028.JPG

One of my all time favorites! It does get insanely fast! 😄

• Like 1

HAVE YOU PLAYED ATARI 2600+ TODAY?

Today I’m playing Super Breakout on the Atari 2600+ with the CX30+ paddles! Why? Because I can!

I haven’t played much Super Breakout in a while until recently! I use to play a lot years ago. There are some great game variations on this one. Cavity being my favorite but I’ve been trying the others and liking it.

IMG_0699.jpeg

IMG_0705.jpeg

IMG_0707.jpeg

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

One of my all time favorites! It does get insanely fast! 😄

Yes it does! I found the game slightly easier with the CX40 joystick as appose to the CX78 pad. Easier to get all directional movement with the original joystick.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

HAVE YOU PLAYED ATARI 2600+ TODAY?

Today I’m playing Super Breakout on the Atari 2600+ with the CX30+ paddles! Why? Because I can!

I haven’t played much Super Breakout in a while until recently! I use to play a lot years ago. There are some great game variations on this one. Cavity being my favorite but I’ve been trying the others and liking it.

IMG_0699.jpeg

IMG_0705.jpeg

IMG_0707.jpeg

IMG_0704.mov

Much tougher game than Breakout. 💪🏻

• Like 1

Been playing Frogger this evening. Loved playing this in the arcades back in the day...

Game variations 1,3 and 5 are 1 player games. Game 1 being the easiest, also difficulty switch to B for frogger to be able to stay on logs etc and go off screen/A not.

On later levels the traffic moves so fast and there is so much sprite flickering, it's practically impossible to complete a level.

You can step out in front of traffic and it will disappear so you don't know where the fcuk the vehicles are! Arcade version is MUCH easier!😂

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

• Like 4

1 hour ago, shane857 said:

Been playing Frogger this evening. Loved playing this in the arcades back in the day...

Game variations 1,3 and 5 are 1 player games. Game 1 being the easiest, also difficulty switch to B for frogger to be able to stay on logs etc and go off screen/A not.

On later levels the traffic moves so fast and there is so much sprite flickering, it's practically impossible to complete a level.

You can step out in front of traffic and it will disappear so you don't know where the fcuk the vehicles are! Arcade version is MUCH easier!😂

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

I like this version of frogger. Maybe I was just use to playing this version back then. But I kinda like the plain smooth graphics. Almost could pass for an Activision game. All it needs is the sunset up top, or is it a sunrise? lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrChickenz said:

I don’t have this one yet! But this is a cool game! Too bad I quit buying Atari Games! 🤣😄😂

It's expensive too. Loose copies are going over $50 on eBay. There was a Mint in box copy that sold for just over $300 in a regular auction.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, shane857 said:

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

I have the same problems with PAL Frogger. I hope the next firmware update can fix the errors. It's one of my favorite games from the 80s. Some people have said that the errors would disappear with the right settings on the TV. I've tried a lot of things but haven't had any success.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 2LTIME6100 said:

I have the same problems with PAL Frogger. I hope the next firmware update can fix the errors. It's one of my favorite games from the 80s. Some people have said that the errors would disappear with the right settings on the TV. I've tried a lot of things but haven't had any success.

PAL Frogger has issues? Is it NTSC also? I have to try mine again I wasn’t aware of this. I thought the latest firmware corrected issues with Frogger.

11 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

PAL Frogger has issues? Is it NTSC also? I have to try mine again I wasn’t aware of this. I thought the latest firmware corrected issues with Frogger.

Unfortunately the issues still exist with the latest firmware, as Shane857 described. I can only speak for the PAL version, NTSC may work without any problems.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

Seems to still be there. The frog now no longer disappears, thou on later levels the traffic disappears when you step in front of it.

I've boxed up my original VCS so don't know if this is just an issue with the game?🤔

• Like 1

Been playing Donkey Kong Jr. 7800 for the first time earlier...

Never really played this in the arcades back in the day, I preferred Donkey Kong. A better arcade port for the 7800 personally I think thou.

All 4 levels are included. I couldn't get past the 3rd screen. I need more practice, think I would rather play Donkey Kong 7800 over this thou...

DSC_0016.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, shane857 said:

Been playing Donkey Kong Jr. 7800 for the first time earlier...

Never really played this in the arcades back in the day, I preferred Donkey Kong. A better arcade port for the 7800 personally I think thou.

All 4 levels are included. I couldn't get past the 3rd screen. I need more practice, think I would rather play Donkey Kong 7800 over this thou...

DSC_0016.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

Owning a Colecovision back in the day I had Donkey Kong Jr. This is a good port. I like NES port of this and the Arcade Version was the best. When I was younger my local Pizza polar had a Donkey Kong Jr. machine I held Top Score on that machine. It was the only arcade machine I ever had Top Score on! lol. I don’t know if it was because I played on the Colecovision all the time or if it was because the Pizza polar was never busy lol.

Anyway if you play this a bit you will get hooked on it!

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Thanks 1

Played Quest for Quintana Roo properly for the first time today...

A great Adventure game for the 2600 thou you most definitely need to read the manual. Clever use of the game select switch to change tool or weapon, thou you need to be close to the console as with most Atari games. Also Black & White/Colour switch pauses the game, which is rare for 2600 games.

The Manual recommends to first bring all 5 map rocks to the map vault room, before inserting them.

I could not for the life of me find the map vault room so just placed them in any room. Think I'll find the map vault room first next time...

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0016.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shane857 said:

Played Quest for Quintana Roo properly for the first time today...

This game looks interesting I remember you posting about this game before. I have been wanting to look into this. To see what it’s all about. I’ll look at purchasing it. Is the price reasonable on this one?

HAVE YOU PLAYED ATARI 2600+ TODAY? I HAVE!

BREAKOUT! Is what’s happening today!

Blackout Breakout! Or Invisible Breakout!

Game select 4 is the game today! This is pretty awesome! I remember checking out the game variations years ago but I don’t remember this variant. It’s not that hard at first but as the screen gets cleared, trying to break a brick while the screen is blacking out in breakout is bleeping crazy!

Don't try this with the lights off! 

IMG_0751.jpeg

IMG_0752.jpeg

IMG_0754.jpeg

IMG_0756.jpeg

• Like 3