IGNORED

What Atari 2600/7800 game have you been playing the most today?

shane857

51 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

I’ve been interested in playing these! I don’t have any Tigervision games!  Have to do some game hunting!

I only own 2 of these games .Marauder is better than Berzerk(and enhanced) in my opinion. King Kong is also good, so different to the Coleco port. Love how something odd happens halfway through each stage. Kong dives to the bottom and the bombs start travelling up towards Jack. They're a bit harder to avoid here, in this final trek towards the awaiting Ann.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, shane857 said:

I only own 2 of these games .Marauder is better than Berzerk(and enhanced) in my opinion. King Kong is also good, so different to the Coleco port. Love how something odd happens halfway through each stage. Kong dives to the bottom and the bombs start travelling up towards Jack. They're a bit harder to avoid here, in this final trek towards the awaiting Ann.

I agree. I love a good maze shooter and Marauder is my absolute favourite one

• Like 3

On 4/23/2024 at 2:11 PM, Microjak said:

Tonight I have been mostly playing….Night Stalker.

9E501901-F773-47D5-B951-23CB5E6F3E9E.jpeg

A Perfect game IMHO!

For me DARK CAVERN will likely Always be the Most played game for 2600 Ever!  (I sometimes play the Night Stalker version as well).  I think I'm hopelessly addicted to it at times.  I hope the 2600+ version plays true;  Simply meaning if the robots can stick to the side walls and evade a shot,   That is a glitch which happens in Emulation,  but Never on the real cart.   Has anyone noticed that happening?   I've had it happen on the Flashback (unfortunately)...

Even if I play some homebrews and some other games, or check out some ROMs etc.,  I often find myself coming back to Dark Cavern for one more game!

• Like 6

HAVE YOU PLAYED ATARI TODAY!

Todays game is FIGHT NIGHT for the 7800 on the 2600+

This is one of my favorites from way back! I owned this on my Commodore 128. That I purchased from Crazy Eddies!

I only recently picked up the 7800 version and it’s just as good as the commodore version was.
The controls are different from what you would expect from a standard Boxing game. But if you take the time to play it’s as good as any Boxing game.

Ronald and Nancy Reagan even stop by for Fight Night! And you get to Fight Mike Bison! The guy on the floor is me. But I’m getting right back in the ring

And when I flip the Color switch to B/W I get Hi Resolution Graphics! Lol!

Objective: Take a guess!

IMG_0266.jpeg

IMG_0268.jpeg

IMG_0267.gif

IMG_0272.jpeg

IMG_0273.jpeg

IMG_0271.jpeg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

Todays game is FIGHT NIGHT for the 7800 on the 2600+

This is one of my favorites from way back! I owned this on my Commodore 128. That I purchased from Crazy Eddies!

I only recently picked up the 7800 version and it’s just as good as the commodore version was.
The controls are different from what you would expect from a standard Boxing game. But if you take the time to play it’s as good as any Boxing game.

Ronald and Nancy Reagan even stop by for Fight Night! And you get to Fight Mike Bison! The guy on the floor is me. But I’m getting right back in the ring

And when I flip the Color switch to B/W I get Hi Resolution Graphics! Lol!

Objective: Take a guess!

IMG_0266.jpeg

IMG_0268.jpeg

IMG_0267.gif

IMG_0272.jpeg

IMG_0273.jpeg

IMG_0271.jpeg

I may pick this one up myself, looks fun.

• Like 1

IMG_0330.thumb.jpeg.a1b4db6e28687fc8144fa09c5884a12f.jpegThe weather is absolutely beautiful today and so I want to be outside as much as possible. So I’m out in the garage playing my Atari instead of doing the laundry in the basement. :)    I’m playing Astroids, difficulty set to “A”, game select 17.  I’m not really that good at the game as you can see but I’m having fun and that’s what it’s all about, right?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Plumbob said:

IMG_0330.thumb.jpeg.a1b4db6e28687fc8144fa09c5884a12f.jpegThe weather is absolutely beautiful today and so I want to be outside as much as possible. So I’m out in the garage playing my Atari instead of doing the laundry in the basement. :)    I’m playing Astroids, difficulty set to “A”, game select 17.  I’m not really that good at the game as you can see but I’m having fun and that’s what it’s all about, right?

I have also been playing Asteroids today.

It was after some Activision playing, Tennis, Skiing, Seaquest and River Raid. Seaquest does not get enough love, what a great game.

• Like 6

Have You Played Atari Today!

Today’s game is Skate Boardin’ for Atari 2600. Earlier in the thread I posted about Super Skateboardin’ for the 7800.

I wasn’t aware of the 2600 version until recently. Two different stories and objectives. This is a PAL version I’m playing. But it is available in NTSC also.

I really like both the 2600 version and the 7800 version! 🛹

IMG_0312.jpeg

IMG_0317.jpeg

IMG_0314.jpeg

IMG_0316.jpeg

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 1

The game I’m going with today is ROBOTRON 2084! For the 7800 on my Atari 2600+

The reason I picked this game is because I forgot I had it! I purchased this at my local game store years ago with 3 other CIB 2600 games. These were the first CIB games I purchased for my Atari in years. I have all loose cartridges. And until recently I hadn’t collected any other CIB. I remember these going for 2 or 3 dollars a piece. The boxes had some imperfections but I couldn’t pass them up at the time. I thought I would display them but never got around to it. They sat in a box until now. So I have another 7800 game for my Atari 2600+. Lol!

IMG_0329.jpeg

IMG_0335.jpeg

IMG_0330.jpeg

IMG_0334.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, LS650 said:

Are you playing it with one controller or two?  Most fans say it's a lot better with two sticks, but I'm too uncoordinated to play that way very well.

One controller. I just saw online a game pad with two thumb sticks looks like a modified nes controller. For Robotron 7800.

So I can play with two controllers?

Edited by MrChickenz

20 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

The game I’m going with today is ROBOTRON 2084! For the 7800 on my Atari 2600+

The reason I picked this game is because I forgot I had it! I purchased this at my local game store years ago with 3 other CIB 2600 games. These were the first CIB games I purchased for my Atari in years. I have all loose cartridges. And until recently I hadn’t collected any other CIB. I remember these going for 2 or 3 dollars a piece. The boxes had some imperfections but I couldn’t pass them up at the time. I thought I would display them but never got around to it. They sat in a box until now. So I have another 7800 game for my Atari 2600+. Lol!

IMG_0329.jpeg

IMG_0335.jpeg

IMG_0330.jpeg

IMG_0334.jpeg

Very difficult game with one controller. I don't have a dual stick custom controller, I need to get one.

• Like 1

Does anyone still have this rev 1 pamphlet that came with the instructions for Asteroids. I like the way they try to explain away the black bar on the side of the screen as if it’s normal and doesn’t interfere with game play. It really doesn’t in my opinion when you’re playing you tend to forget about it. But when I first load up a game that has this I’m thinking that’s annoying lol! I guess most games for the 2600 have this, but some don’t or you don’t notice it because of the background color.

IMG_0350.jpeg

IMG_0351.jpeg

• Like 2

I don’t believe Activision games had this issue but others did like frogger.

It looks as though Activision games were offset to the right of the screen to eliminate this. 
If you look Activison games are not centered on the screen which also annoyed the hell out of me! lol!

But I prefer this 😄

IMG_0352.png

IMG_0353.png

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 1